Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Yokohama Parada Spec X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Yokohama Parada Spec X

We're in the process of receiving about 10-15 inches in my area tonight. My Cayenne came with Yokohama Parada Spec-X in 275/40 R20 configuration.

Although the tread design is clearly intended to be a performance oriented all season tire, I was pleasantly surprised to find these tires capable in 7-8 inches of unplowed wet snow, even with PSM off.

More to come as I give these tires a good workout tonight.

Weeeeeee!!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
rsa supra is infamous around these parts
Nice! LOL!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 AM
onemanclique is infamous around these parts
I have the same tires and have been more than satisfied with them. But never got to test them out in 10-15 inches.. Let us know how they hold up.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
bhoov14 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onemanclique
I have the same tires and have been more than satisfied with them. But never got to test them out in 10-15 inches.. Let us know how they hold up.
I have the same tires, I was pleasantly surprised with the performance in the snow! I was a bit concerned for the first big snowfall, but feel good about the performance.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
They do have an all season compound and tread design, so tire cat approves.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
They do have an all season compound and tread design, so tire cat approves.

Love it! (Cat person here...)

Welll, we're in for the double whammy...about 10 inches overnight, and 0-10F temperature in the next 48 hours.

The tires did well. I went from a FWD Acura with no computer nannies and snow tires, to a AWD Cayenne...I'm not sure if it's the computer, the weight of the car, or the AWD (probably a combination) but the Cayennes on 20s are more snow capable than my Acura.

PSM did not go on all that often. On acceleration, starting in 2nd was a bit of an advantage, but with standard height and standard PASM, the car accelerates from the line in deep snow with minimal PSM flickering.

On turning at moderate to high speeds, there is lateral slide that is not very significant. PSM corrects faster than you can to maintain control.

On braking, stopping distance is slightly longer than on my Acura with snow tires. Both vehicles activate the antilock brake system, but I am definitely able to be able to drive through with better control than the Acura with snows.

At no time did I feel unsafe, or out of control in driving my Cayenne. Parada Spec X tires handled the deep snow, and the melted wet slush this morning equally well, with no drama.

I am not sure if the Parada's would do as well on another vehicle, but PSM+AWD+Parada Spec X make for a very reasonable all season compromise thus far.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Hmm...I wonder if the thermometer is broken...

Nope...guess not.

Parada Spec X may be a great compromise tire, but it does not defy physics. Like any other all season tire, it is mediocre on ice. I don't think any all season tire can do what a dedicated winter/ice tire can do...and the Parada Spec X is no different.

Once the slush froze, I found everything I did, turning, accelerating, stopping was more difficult. No surprise.

In the end...excellent compromise tire for a midwest winter. Not quite a replacement for a winter tire, but more than capable in moderate snow, and it won't leave to stranded if the the snow falls between 10-15 inches.

- bob

Old 12-10-2009, 03:54 PM
onemanclique is infamous around these parts
damn.. it's cold there!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
glad to hear, I have the same tires on my 20"!

Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
pct2005 is infamous around these parts
Mine held up just fine here on my 22's on my trip to big bear :thumbsup: for these tires, they've lasted over 10,000 miles too which is awesome in comparison to the pirelli's

Old 12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Here are my contributions from Wednesday morning. Second pic is windchill. Sorry for the red tint in the first pic. Dont know whats going on there.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by pct2005
Mine held up just fine here on my 22's on my trip to big bear :thumbsup: for these tires, they've lasted over 10,000 miles too which is awesome in comparison to the pirelli's
Any problems with a lowered suspension?

Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 AM
pct2005 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Any problems with a lowered suspension?
No problems whatsoever, I did raise it up when I got to the snowy sections that were up to the middle of the door that had not been cleared out yet.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by pct2005
No problems whatsoever, I did raise it up when I got to the snowy sections that were up to the middle of the door that had not been cleared out yet.
Thanks for the response.

Stay warm!