Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Top Gear review of Porsche Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Dr J is infamous around these parts
Top Gear review of Porsche Cayenne

http://www.topgear.com/uk/porsche/cayenne
‘The Cayenne is simply unforgivable. It’s sinfully ugly for starters, and has given West London’s top tossers something to aspire to.’
Our verdict

Testament to the compelling business case for the SUV, the Porsche Cayenne is a ghastly diversion from the Porsche purist path that has made the company so much money it’s never looked back. Ugly, expensive, pointless… and everywhere.

Ouch...

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
lol haters

Old 12-11-2009, 02:35 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
thats really old

Old 12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
GT2 Mike has a spectacular aura aboutGT2 Mike has a spectacular aura about
I hate top gear. Those guys are total D bags

Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Unitek
I hate top gear. Those guys are total D bags
its like the number one show in the UK. Guess that says alot about british people... lol

Old 12-11-2009, 07:17 PM
huskyfan23 is infamous around these parts
Super old. I don't think it's the best looking vehicle, but it's certainly decent looking. The V6 is the worst looking, IMO. Can't stand that closed bumper on the front.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:48 PM
WakeCayenne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
Super old. I don't think it's the best looking vehicle, but it's certainly decent looking. The V6 is the worst looking, IMO. Can't stand that closed bumper on the front.
Sorry, but I think the pre-face lifted Cayenne's are the worst looking. Those heinous headlights with that awkward nose.

I'll happily take my "closed bumped" '08+ Cayenne/S any day.

In response to top gear: I love the show, but can't stand Clarkson's blatant bias for British-made cars. The most recent example of this was during his review of the new BMW X5 M and Audi Q7 TDI V12. Despite praising both automobiles, he still finds reason to completely turn the spotlight onto the new Range Rover. Which...let's be honest...if you're going to buy an X5M or Q7 TDI V12, you're probably not looking at the Range Rover HSE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNzCS2mzEhE

Old 12-12-2009, 03:10 AM
timothy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
I too have a 04 CTT and I think the Cayenne only looks good with the Turbo bumper, for both the gen 1 and gen 2. The Gen 2 GTS is a very good choice if one can't afford the Turbo. It has Turbo bumper, and both the sport design and exterior black package are standard.

Last edited by timothy; 12-12-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:13 AM
timothy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WakeCayenne
Sorry, but I think the pre-face lifted Cayenne's are the worst looking. Those heinous headlights with that awkward nose.

I'll happily take my "closed bumped" '08+ Cayenne/S any day.

In response to top gear: I love the show, but can't stand Clarkson's blatant bias for British-made cars. The most recent example of this was during his review of the new BMW X5 M and Audi Q7 TDI V12. Despite praising both automobiles, he still finds reason to completely turn the spotlight onto the new Range Rover. Which...let's be honest...if you're going to buy an X5M or Q7 TDI V12, you're probably not looking at the Range Rover HSE.

It's a different story for the Turbo, the bumper makes the whole thing looks a lot better. The gen 2 is just a newer style (minor re-style), to get the real good looking, you would have to get the GTS or Turbo with the sport design package.

Last edited by timothy; 12-12-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Top Gear loves English vehicles and the Cayenne is not!
It would be interesting to find out who the major sponsors are for their show.

I personally think that both generations of the Cayenne are a work of art inside and out.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:57 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I'm not a huge fan on the outside aesthetics on my 04. But the interior is awesome, performance for a 5700 pound vehicle is great, the off-roading doesn't suck (for where I've gone), tows my trailer, and it does many things very well. I think it's the ability that it does some of everything that makes me really like the thing. Sure, there are faster vehicles, better off-road choices, and roomier interiors. But how many "do" as many things that these cayennes can?

Old 12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
To me there is not a better looking SUV on the road especially the newer GTS and Turbo S. I simply cannot understand the criticism of the styling on these cars although there is plenty of it.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:56 PM
rsa supra is infamous around these parts
Pretty funny. I recall a few derogatory Cayenne references from the show where a guest or two owned them.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:59 PM
bmwm506 is infamous around these parts

Old 12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vitaman
To me there is not a better looking SUV on the road especially the newer GTS and Turbo S. I simply cannot understand the criticism of the styling on these cars although there is plenty of it.
I agree 100%, and the interior is just as nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Gear review of Porsche Cayenne