Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I want to integrate my music into my Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Pepper is infamous around these parts
I want to integrate my music into my Cayenne...

Would you go with the new Nano or ipod Shuffle since I want something small?

Old 12-24-2009, 05:42 AM
TransSiberia is infamous around these parts
I have heard that the newest Ipods do not charge though they do play. Is there a list of fully compatable (charge and play) devices?

Old 12-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
I am using the Dension Gateway 500 for both I-pod and XM Radio, very nice. I switched out the front ashtray for the non-smoking tray and use that to store my I-pods. Big enough to fit even the larger units but keep them out of view when needed. Still can change songs via the steering wheel or nav unit but kept the cord long enough so that the I-pod could be pulled out of the tray and used directly if needed. Oh, and the Dension unit does charge I-pods too...

Last edited by Reborn996; 12-25-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Mystery plug resolved!

IPOD IPHONE Resolved!!! Found a toggle switch by my leg (pic below) when I flip the switch not only does my IPOD/IPHONE work VIA my NAVIGATION head unit and steering wheel controls, so does the phone! All using that 3.5 plug pictured above, despite what some of you thought...
Name:  switch.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  178.4 KB

Last edited by Pepper; 12-25-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spell
Old 12-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Reborn996
I am using the Dension Gateway 500 for both I-pod and XM Radio, very nice. I switched out the front ashtray for the non-smoking tray and use that to store my I-pods. Big enough to fit even the larger units but keep them out of view when needed. Still can change songs via the steering wheel or nav unit but kept the cord long enough so that the I-pod could be pulled out of the tray and used directly if needed. Oh, and the Dension unit does charge I-pods too...
What I have must be similar to a Dension but I have to flip a switch for it to work. I bet there's an adapter from the RCA's to switch from a 3.5 stereo plug to an iphone plug etc, nonetheless it works/sounds great.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:13 PM
doctorjj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Pepper
IPOD IPHONE Resolved!!! Found a toggle switch by my leg (pic below) when I flip the switch not only does my IPOD/IPHONE work VIA my NAVIGATION head unit and steering wheel controls, so does the phone! All using that 3.5 plug pictured above, despite what some of you thought...
Attachment 112605
Where is this picture taken? I've stared at it for a while and can't make out what I'm looking at.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by doctorjj
Where is this picture taken? I've stared at it for a while and can't make out what I'm looking at.
When you are sitting in the drivers seat, right about where your right knee would lean against the console down below on the right side is the switch.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 PM
doctorjj is infamous around these parts
When you are sitting in the drivers seat, right about where your right knee would lean against the console down below on the right side is the switch.
Okay, now it makes sense. Duh!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Attachment 112605
I can easily believe the volume control working on the steering wheel but I cant see how the other controls would work with a 3.5 mm plug!!!!
You must have to select the song via the Ipod.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:33 PM
lydboj is infamous around these parts
Do you have any issues with your Dension-unit when you try to scroll through your library? Whenever I try to page through my music the Dension-unit stops playing the current track, and starts playing whatever is on top of the next page... Extremely annoying!

Old 12-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lydboj
Do you have any issues with your Dension-unit when you try to scroll through your library? Whenever I try to page through my music the Dension-unit stops playing the current track, and starts playing whatever is on top of the next page... Extremely annoying!
Try downloading the latest software from the company!