Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Audio Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
intheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura about
Audio Upgrades

Post deleted

Last edited by intheflesh; 01-14-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Nice! I think we need some video with good music playing to hear that system. I especially like the way they did the rear sub box with the Porsche logo, very classy looking.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM
intheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura about
one of my favorite CDs to listen to is Metallica's S&M album.... Hearing a symphony through a decent set of speakers is orgasmic.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:05 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Are you controlling the new headunit through the steering wheel?

Also, anyone have any links to how to remove the door panel? I have a small rattle I need to address.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
do the rear woofers have any kind of protective cover or do you not put anything back there?

Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 AM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
I have done several with the audison/Hertz gear, and i am sure the sound quality is phenominal.

I would of gone with the lrx6.9 for the front, and the 3.1k for the rears and sub as 3 amps would have no benefit and lower the cost slightly... I pretty much tried every configuration and it seems the best fit and the sound quality is still phenomenal.

What I do not get though is the front doors. you can easily get those speakers behind the factory door panel and have no issues or impact on sound quality/quantity... especialy the space 8 mid, which is a phenomenal driver.

The 3" HL70 they used,, which looks like the new .4 version is probably my favorite Hertz speaker of their new revamped hi energy line, the sound quality and quantity of what it is capable of is extraordinary.

I am sure they retained the steering wheel controls, as it is pretty standard now a days.

where did they mount the display for the bit1? ashtray?

Pretty cool you got it done, not how I would approach the installation, but I am **** when it comes to audio. and nit picky... but it is just me so take no offense in it

Old 01-02-2010, 06:22 PM
lots of questions to respond to....

as for the speakers being exposed in the drivers door, that was my request. i saw an install on a merc sl that was similar that i liked. i asked if they could mimic it.

yes there are grills for the rear speakers. i keep them off for asthetics. i rarely have large enough cargo that i need to use the rear hatch; most stuff just gets thrown onto the rear seats. if i know im going to need the rear hatch, ill throw the grills back on.

as for the amps, we worked through a few combinations and this is what worked. i forget to mention there is also a center channel.

the bit1 itself is in the passenger side storage compartment, where the factory amp was. the controller is mounted in the sunglass tray. in hind sight, i think the ash tray would be a more convenient location

Old 01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
hell JbondoX....atleast this car is finished, works, plays music and wont burn to the ground.....
like some of the stuff you have built

good to see you are still the condescending clown you always were....

Old 01-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by 01blacks4
hell JbondoX....atleast this car is finished, works, plays music and wont burn to the ground.....
like some of the stuff you have built

good to see you are still the condescending clown you always were....

Oh look it is mark richmond... did you ever find a purpose in life yet? or was it just to rack up more failures? You should never comment on installs after the abortion you performed on DR. Zak's vehicle... we even found the coat hanger that you used to perform it behind the spaghetti of wires with about 100 butt splices... you should of stuck to cutting rocks... but I heard you would screw that up also.

Talked to Zak 2 weeks ago... hmmm maybe I can ask him to comment on the great job you did??? publicly...

and as for burning down vehicles? you have me confused with your boys on the other side of town... they have a 2008 997 turbo under their belt that burnt to the ground... need pictures?

So before you go running your mouth get your facts straight

Old 01-03-2010, 09:51 AM
fredjchavez is infamous around these parts
I can REALLY feel the love as far away as the west coast...LOL.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:04 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
LOL - lighten up fellas, this ain't the friken Grammy's for modders.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:33 AM
01blacks4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
Oh look it is mark richmond... did you ever find a purpose in life yet? or was it just to rack up more failures? You should never comment on installs after the abortion you performed on DR. Zak's vehicle... we even found the coat hanger that you used to perform it behind the spaghetti of wires with about 100 butt splices... you should of stuck to cutting rocks... but I heard you would screw that up also.

Talked to Zak 2 weeks ago... hmmm maybe I can ask him to comment on the great job you did??? publicly...

and as for burning down vehicles? you have me confused with your boys on the other side of town... they have a 2008 997 turbo under their belt that burnt to the ground... need pictures?

So before you go running your mouth get your facts straight

Who is Dr Zak? Think you might have me confused with someone else....which is always the case it seems with you...you seem to always be talking about some car I did, for some guy I have never heard of....
You do know that I haven’t been installing anything for over 10 years now..

It’s funny how you have pictures, and knowledge of cars burning up, as I just threw that out figuring you would have to have SOMETHING...lol

Failures? Hmmm...how many times have you started up a shop? How many different shops have you tried working for? How many "pro ball player friends" have you "partner" up with...

All too now be doing dealer expediter work....

Same old Jay.....

sorry for a thread jack fellas

Last edited by 01blacks4; 01-04-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Let's see, worked at 2 shops in FL, 1 in Portland Ore, 1 in Ohio all within 7 years since I traveled, then decided to open my own up, was pretty damn successful considering , made best of Cleveland, named king of Cleveland twice all within the first 2 years of my shop being open... then I was bought up by a dealership... partnered up with no pro ball players, they were just friends... all of them... so I guess if these were goals... I did quite well