Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Fabspeed bypass now include copper gaskets ? hmm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed bypass now include copper gaskets ? hmm

I just noticed on their site that they now include copper gaskets for their bypass pipes... I dont remember this was included previoiusly. Could be wrong... Wonder if this fixes the rattling problem.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
I think that they were always included before.

Some people believe that the problem may be caused by the pipes being too thin and also not properly supported by any hangers.

If so, perhaps they should come out with a newer version, thicker with hangers.

I would not hesitate to get them myself if I was assured 100% that they would not rattle.
Things like that would drive me up the wall!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Road Runner
I think that they were always included before.

Some people believe that the problem may be caused by the pipes being too thin and also not properly supported by any hangers.

If so, perhaps they should come out with a newer version, thicker with hangers.

I would not hesitate to get them myself if I was assured 100% that they would not rattle.
Things like that would drive me up the wall!
Again, i could be wrong. But I think for 2008+ bypass gaskets were not included as part of purchase, at least not shown on their site as included.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
z145433 is infamous around these parts
I purchased my fabspeed bypass pipes november of 2008, copper gaskets and other hardware were included.

I ended up removing them last month. they were installed for a year and more often than not the sound was great. but the start up rattle drove me nuts.

mid december I was driving my 993(fabspeed mufflers and sport cats) and I realized the full-throated diesel pickup sound wasn't what I wanted on my cayenne. I wanted more of what I thought to be a porsche sound. now I have the stock 2ndary cats back on with the fabspeed cayenne s exhaust. its a good sound, closer to what I wanted and no start up rattle.
maybe some sort of sport cat set up would be the sound I want.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:15 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
so for an '04 CTT, there is a rattling sound or is the rattle just for the '08s and above?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:23 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NeilM
so for an '04 CTT, there is a rattling sound or is the rattle just for the '08s and above?
I have no rattling sound, no hangers. Bought them second hand with no hesitation, removed stock 2nd cats, installed pipes, and it's great.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
No rattle with me new Fabspeed pipes on a CTT 04. Sounds great with the PSE exhaust.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Bez
Bez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by z145433
I purchased my fabspeed bypass pipes november of 2008, copper gaskets and other hardware were included.

I ended up removing them last month. they were installed for a year and more often than not the sound was great. but the start up rattle drove me nuts.

mid december I was driving my 993(fabspeed mufflers and sport cats) and I realized the full-throated diesel pickup sound wasn't what I wanted on my cayenne. I wanted more of what I thought to be a porsche sound. now I have the stock 2ndary cats back on with the fabspeed cayenne s exhaust. its a good sound, closer to what I wanted and no start up rattle.
maybe some sort of sport cat set up would be the sound I want.
z145433...do you still have the pipes and are they for an S? I live in UT and would be interested in buying them if you still have them. Let me know, thanks!

PS. tried to pm but my post count is too low...gotta work on that.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
I bought my Fabspeed Bypass Pipes for my '09 GTS back in November and they DID indeed come with the copper gaskets.

I'm looking to remove the Bypass Pipes and install new rear mufflers, so if anyone is interested in purchasing my like new Bypass Pipes, let me know. They have less than 1,000 miles on them.

polar993@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Bez
z145433...do you still have the pipes and are they for an S? I live in UT and would be interested in buying them if you still have them. Let me know, thanks!

PS. tried to pm but my post count is too low...gotta work on that.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
no rattle on my 2005 CTT

Old 01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
z145433 is infamous around these parts
I've only heard of the GTS versions having the start up rattle.

Bez, I have the 08+ version Cayenne S/GTS pipes and I don't have enough posts to pm or respond to pm's either.
I live close to little cottonwood canyon, so if you have an 2008 or later they would fit and it would be an easy exchange.
I'll try to post a few meaningless messages so I can respond to pm's and we can work something out if you are interested.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Bez
Bez is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by z145433
I've only heard of the GTS versions having the start up rattle.

Bez, I have the 08+ version Cayenne S/GTS pipes and I don't have enough posts to pm or respond to pm's either.
I live close to little cottonwood canyon, so if you have an 2008 or later they would fit and it would be an easy exchange.
I'll try to post a few meaningless messages so I can respond to pm's and we can work something out if you are interested.
z, mine is an '04 and doesn't look like they'll fit. Thanks for following up!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:11 PM
lumber is infamous around these parts
Wonder if this fixes the rattling problem
The rattling is not bad at all, call it a non-factor. Im less impressed with the actual exhaust note...I expected something different.

Thats why im going back to stock...