Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

which dealer in LA do you use for service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:02 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
which dealer in LA do you use for service?

i know this has been discussed before. but service advisors have come and go while dealers have scaled down over last few years.

i have always like pacific porsche in south bay. they used to provide a porsche loaner and perform great service. but it's just way too far from me. i purchased my cayenne from downtown LA. so i went there for its first service. i don't think i was too impressed, especially with their pricing and in my opinion, try to scam me on a discount promised.

so where do you guys like to go and who is the service advisor you like. more so, is there a big price difference for the same service among these dealers in LA?

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 PM
pct2005 is infamous around these parts
CIRCLE PORSCHE
downtown LA sucks and vicky is a *****, she'll screw you seven ways from sunday if you let her. Downtown LA is a horrible dealer, especially their service. If you want a real service write and a quality dealer talk to Alberto at Circle Porsche, he bends over for all his customers and if you aren't happy he'll bend farther, great guy.

Last edited by pct2005; 01-20-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by pct2005
CIRCLE PORSCHE
downtown LA sucks and vicky is a *****, she'll screw you seven ways from sunday if you let her. Downtown LA is a horrible dealer, especially their service. If you want a real service write and a quality dealer talk to Alberto at Circle Porsche, he bends over for all his customers and if you aren't happy he'll bend farther, great guy.
haha, agree with you on downtown porsche, thanks for the recommendation.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
i was just told that the only way to replace brake pads on a gts is to replace everything including rotors to avoid pulling. it will cost 2500 and is the only way to do it.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
pct2005 is infamous around these parts
You don't need to replace everything. Here's the deal on the brakes:

Porsche's recommendation on the rotors for wear is .2mm from stock thickness, anything less than that they say to replace them. Now from experience I've replaced both my front and rears. I turned my rotors lower than the recommended stock thickness obviously and have not had any warping, cracking etc and I'm really hard on my car. Seems like every kid with a m3, c class etc in south county wants to race a 6000 lb suv just so I can remind them to sell their car after I yard them but obviously I use a lot of brakes afterwards because they don't let off and apparently think they can make up the 10 cars that I'm ahead by.

Anyway; The hardware kit is recommended but I did not replace the hardware on my rears when I replaced those, I only replaced the hardware on the front because the last person that had the car prior to me doing the brakes marked up the ends of the bolt so I wanted to replace them. From having brembo's on my civics when I was building those and a few other cars I know hardware replacement is not needed as I had to do pad swaps when I'd be taking the car to the track.

As far as the brake sensors, you don't need to replace those either unless you have gotten the brakes down to the sensor and it has popped up the error on the dash, just be careful with pulling them off as to not brake them.

In all honesty the stock rotors are garbage with the stock pads, the rotors get eaten so quickly that if I had to do it all over again I never would've pulled the rotors off to cut them on the lathe at my shop, I would've just done a pad swap and been done with it, the stock pads squeek always due to dusting and there's other pagid pads you can get instead of oems that are better and low dusting.

Next brake job I do which will be soon I'll be getting new rotors front and rear from r1 direct which is like 400 bucks last time I checked and I'll be getting pagid blues for less dusting.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
it's amazing how every service person has different recommendation for the same question. anyway, the car is done and will be picked up today. hopefully everything is just fine!!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:16 PM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
Rusnak- Westlake Village is A++

Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by trovan
it's amazing how every service person has different recommendation for the same question. anyway, the car is done and will be picked up today. hopefully everything is just fine!!
there is always a different answer because they are full of **** and don't know what they are talking about.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:36 AM
blk928 is infamous around these parts
Hi pct2005,

Re R1 Direct, two years ago I ordered front/rear cross drilled, zinc plated rotors from R1 for my '05 CS. What I got were four rotors spray painted with silver paint - no zinc plating! And the vanes had been drilled into. When I pointed out the fraud and poor workmanship to R1, my money was refunded. Just be careful with this company.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
medtech is infamous around these parts
I use my driveway whenever possible.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
nlakind has a spectacular aura aboutnlakind has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by medtech
I use my driveway whenever possible.
+1, i avoid the dealership whenever possible. 99.9% of the time i take my car's to tom @ lucent.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
blk928 is infamous around these parts
I used to take my CS to Rusnak Pasadena when it was under warranty. Last year, just before the warranty expired, the dealership wanted $980 for a front brake service (replace rotors, pads, sensors, etc). I ended up going to Technology Automotive in Montebello (323-722-7755) and had installed four new Zimmerman rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, new sensors, flush/fill brake fluid, and other brake-related work. The CS brakes like a champ with no noise and no black dust on my 22" Victor Equipment wheels (Le Mans model). I don't recal the exact cost but it was very reasonable. The owner Mike knows Porsches. Good service, prices, and warranty. No BS.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
dano_S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GoldenPEPPA
Rusnak- Westlake Village is A++
Had to pop into Rusnak in westlake a few weeks back when i was up there for a turnlamp...they changed it, and all i had to pay for was the bulb. I went to Truspeed in OC recently...they can do all the warranty work, and the guys are really nice, and will save you a bit of $ too.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 PM
kubrick is infamous around these parts
+1 Tom at Lucent is the man!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kubrick
+1 Tom at Lucent is the man!
wheres lucent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which dealer in LA do you use for service?