Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I got a speeding ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Great advice...

Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
I just read through the thread and this is pretty sad. If any of you guys get a speeding ticket in California, the best way to fight it is by Trial by written declaration.

I used to get off on speeding tickets pretty easily because it used to be that the officers often would not show up in court. These days, however, they almost always show up because they get paid to do so(they get paid the full wage for the day, and they are free to go home afterward).

When you opt for Trial by written declaration, the officer also has to respond in writing to the court, which they often do not do because they do not get paid extra for that. When the officer does not respond within the allotted time, you win automatically.

If the officer does respond and the judge rules against you, you can still ask for a new trial in court.

When you make this request, the court has to give you a new trial date within 45 days of you making that request. If the court ends up giving you a trial date that is over the 45 days, you can file to have the case dismissed based on your rights to a speedy trial being violated.

If the new trial date is within the 45 days, you can show up in court and if the officer is not there, you win. If the officer is there, you can choose to fight or ask for traffic school if you are eligible.

This is definitely worth it since you get so many chances at winning! Do not just plea guilty and just pay the fine without giving this a thought.

http://ticketprep.com