Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Clear bra protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
mike pezely is infamous around these parts
Clear bra protection

My wife wants to have a clear bra installed on the front of her CS. I have no experience with this product. What are your thoughts and how long will this last? Will it discolor with time and does it damage the paint if it ever has to come off? Thanks, Mike

Old 02-05-2010, 05:42 PM
z145433 is infamous around these parts
I have it on both my cayenne and 993. I dislike the how I can see the end of the film on the hood and how it distorts the color on the 993(arena red).
but every time I wash either car I see the beating the film takes from rocks and road debris without damaging the paint.
if I could start over I would cover the entire hood on both vehicles.
the 993 film was replaced once already a few years ago, there was no paint damage when the old film was removed.
the film hadn't discolored but had lifted in a few spots which looks bad, like an air bubble.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
I've had the 3M clear bra installed on several vehicles. The first time around one piece had to be reinstalled due to allowing water to buildup inside, which they covered under warranty and were easy to work with. The product has come a long way over the years and is a good investment if you ask me.

I recently had a minor mishap in a parking garage as the barrier decide to close on me as I exited. The clear bra actually saved the day because there would have been major paint damage across the entire hood if it wasn't installed.

I would personally recommend getting it. Just be sure to use a reputable installer and keep the paperwork handy in case it needs to be corrected within the warranty period, which is generally a year I believe. I've had zero issues with discoloration and my vehicles are outside pretty much all day every day. It doesn't damage the paint if/when it is removed assuming it is installed by a reputable dealer using the correct application chemicals, etc. At least as far as I am concerned!

Also, explore other brands as from what I've gathered 3M is considered average now with regard to quality and price.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM
porscheaudifam is infamous around these parts
i love it - on all three of my cars - certain colors will show the seam more

Old 02-06-2010, 05:30 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Avery Dennison has a new Nano-Fusion film that is far superior to anything else on the market. See here:

http://www.nano-fusion.net/products.htm

I've had it on my bumper for about 2 months and it is absolutely beautiful - very high gloss with no orange peel and extremely tough.

I just had it installed on the mirrors, full hood and full fenders (no lines) this past week. The manufacturer is still having some problems producing the 48" roll needed to do the full hood. It still looks very good, but is not perfect; and will probably be replaced under warranty when they get the kinks worked out of the process.

I highly recommend it! (I have no connection to the manufacturer or the installer, other than being a customer.)

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlant; 02-06-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Ryboy996GT700 is infamous around these partsRyboy996GT700 is infamous around these parts
Have it and HIGHLY recommend it! Especially down here in FL. with bug season as bad as it gets, all I have to do is wash with a bucket and everything comes off. If it's not bug season all i have to do is quick detail it. It's definitely worth it, i always recommend it to my friends and relatives that purchase a new car.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porscheaudifam
i love it - on all three of my cars - certain colors will show the seam more
...unless you wrap the entire hood and/or fenders. Paint protection is the greatest thing for your vehicle. I cannot tell you how many times it saved me.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:40 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ryboy996GT700
Have it and HIGHLY recommend it! Especially down here in FL. with bug season as bad as it gets, all I have to do is wash with a bucket and everything comes off. If it's not bug season all i have to do is quick detail it. It's definitely worth it, i always recommend it to my friends and relatives that purchase a new car.
I know how bad the bugs are down there and once I move to S. FL in the near future the turbo will be getting PP after the chips are sorted out. I can't believe the PO didn't opt for protection when new.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Ryboy996GT700 is infamous around these partsRyboy996GT700 is infamous around these parts
Yea, you don't know how many of my cars and trucks paint jobs were ruined, pitted, scratched and just plain destroyed by bugs down here, how many hours i've spent cleaning off bugs. First time I washed with this thing on there I thought it was the greatest invention since sliced bread.

The amount of time saved on clean up alone pays for the protection. Simple equation (my professional fee) x (the amount of time cleaning bugs off all my previous vehicles) = Porsche CGT

Old 02-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Clear Bra protection is worth its weight in gold if you care about your car.. From shopping carts hitting the bumper, to debris flying off trucks on the highway and the usual rock chips it keeps the car PERFECT.. Id pay to redo mine yearly if i had to i love it so much.. However if done right it should only need to be done 1x..

Mike

Old 02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Clear Bra protection is worth its weight in gold if you care about your car.. From shopping carts hitting the bumper, to debris flying off trucks on the highway and the usual rock chips it keeps the car PERFECT.. Id pay to redo mine yearly if i had to i love it so much.. However if done right it should only need to be done 1x..

Mike

I think it's worth MY WEIGHT in gold! And I weigh about 215lbs! HAHA

Old 02-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Correct. If it is done right and the entire panel is covered, it would be very difficult to tell there is anything there. Case in point:

This customer of ours had the entire front end wrapped by us approximately 18-20 months ago. He unfortunately was in a dispute with an automotive shop and things got heated. According to the owner of the vehicle, one of the employees at this particular shop likely keyed the hood of his M3. Again fortunately we made a nice wrap and whoever did it thought he was keying paint.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 02-07-2010, 09:30 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Premier Films
Correct. If it is done right and the entire panel is covered, it would be very difficult to tell there is anything there. Case in point:

This customer of ours had the entire front end wrapped by us approximately 18-20 months ago. He unfortunately was in a dispute with an automotive shop and things got heated. According to the owner of the vehicle, one of the employees at this particular shop likely keyed the hood of his M3. Again fortunately we made a nice wrap and whoever did it thought he was keying paint.
So, how did the paint under the film look when the film was peeled off? Photos?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
The paint is fine. I'm just waiting for photos to come to me so I can get them uploaded
Here are pictures of us removing the film

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 02-07-2010, 05:03 PM
nice...well not nice that the customer had that done to him but nice that the "insurance" of the clear protection did it's job. Never thought of having the whole front wrapped though. How much did something like that run?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear bra protection