Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hawk Pads - HPS? PC? LTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 PM
onemanclique is infamous around these parts
Hawk Pads - HPS? PC? LTS?

I did a search through the forums and have decided that I should go with Hawks over OEM. But now I'm sort of lost between the three different types offered at tirerack.

I saw a good review of the performance ceramics and some reviews on the HPS. Called tirerack and the rep recommended getting the HPS. Haven't heard much about the LTS though.

Anybody know the pros and cons between the three and which would be best overall with oem rotors?

Thanks.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:51 AM
blk928 is infamous around these parts
Hi onemanclique,

About two years ago I replaced OEM pads with Hawk ceramic on all corners. I also replaced all four OEM rotors with Zimmerman. My 05 CS brakes just fine with no NVH. And there is no black brake dust. When it's time for pad and/or rotor replacement, I will repeat the process, unless there is something better for my CS at the time.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 AM
scuzy is infamous around these parts
i went with the performance ceramic cause of the low break dusts. I love it so far compare to the oem pads.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 AM
onemanclique is infamous around these parts
Thanks fellas.. Just placed an order for the performance ceramics.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by onemanclique
Thanks fellas.. Just placed an order for the performance ceramics.
Wish I could. I'm sick of the black dust. Porsche changed part numbers for 2010, and Hawk/Wellman Products does not yet have a cross reference.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:15 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
No help here other than I have a set of the LTS on my wife's expedition and they don't dust as bad as the stock ones. But there isn't a shred of performance driving done in that vehicle.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
rsa supra is infamous around these parts
Supra guys always run the HPS's on the street, myself included. I've also put them on a Boxster and a 740... Much lower dust than factory pads and good performance. Haven't tried the ceramics.