Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Poor Man's Spare Tire Cover - Function Over Form

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Poor Man's Spare Tire Cover - Function Over Form

I have the optional rear mounted full sized spare tire on my Transsyberia. I wanted to give the spare some UV protection from the sun, but didn't want to pay the exorbitant price (+$500 with painting) for the Tequipment spare wheel cover.

I purchased a generic vinyl tire cover, but it was too thick and bulky to go around the spare in the rear mount.

I found the Tire Tote Bag Set on Suncoast's website (http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=9552S_Wheels) for $50 for a set of four. They're obviously not as pretty or as heavy duty as that Tequipment cover, but it does do the job very nicely (function over form in this case); and really doesn't look too bad. When this one wears out from sun and the weather, I have three more in reserve. Total cost of about $15 each, including shipping.

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
I ordered one too with Ric at Suncoast!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:40 AM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Can appreciate your creativity but just not feelin it. Looks like a woman's shower cap stretched around a tire. The optional and rare tire carrier looks great on the Cayenne and IMO the 'Tire Tote' destroys it!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PCH
Can appreciate your creativity but just not feelin it. Looks like a woman's shower cap stretched around a tire. The optional and rare tire carrier looks great on the Cayenne and IMO the 'Tire Tote' destroys it!
Isn't it great we live in a country where we still have some individual choices. My $15 function is, to me, so much better of a choice than the $500+ function with form.

Your mileage obviously varies; and that's what makes the world go round so nicely. Gott sei dank we no longer live in the world where your car can be any color that you want, just so long as it's black.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:53 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
just curious, why do you need a full size spare? do u go off-road or long road trips?

Old 02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
just curious, why do you need a full size spare? do u go off-road or long road trips?
Both.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:48 AM
BenzTT is infamous around these parts
I'm still searching for a cover for my 04. They are almost impossible to find.