Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Alignment Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 AM
elcayano is infamous around these parts
Alignment Cayenne

After installing 19 inch wheels with set of michelins, car steers right (came off 18 inch wheels). Took it to alignment and they told me the tires are slightly different in size (that it happens sometimes even though they are all 275/45). Rotated the tires from side to side and car still veers right, yet less.

Now, had it aligned at another shop. Now to drive straight, steering wheel is slightly slanted left (i.e. porsche logo on steering wheel is not parallel to ground) instead of straight. If i put it straight, car goes right.

Shop says you cant fix that, what can be the issue? Defective wheels? Tires? Alignment problems, something bent?

How can I make the steering wheel straight and car to go straight? Could there be something bent/damaged or it requires more in depth aligment - camber, etc?

thanks for any tips or insight.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:40 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elcayano
After installing 19 inch wheels with set of michelins, car steers right (came off 18 inch wheels). Took it to alignment and they told me the tires are slightly different in size (that it happens sometimes even though they are all 275/45). Rotated the tires from side to side and car still veers right, yet less.

Now, had it aligned at another shop. Now to drive straight, steering wheel is slightly slanted left (i.e. porsche logo on steering wheel is not parallel to ground) instead of straight. If i put it straight, car goes right.

Shop says you cant fix that, what can be the issue? Defective wheels? Tires? Alignment problems, something bent?

How can I make the steering wheel straight and car to go straight? Could there be something bent/damaged or it requires more in depth aligment - camber, etc?

thanks for any tips or insight.

Sounds like the toe setting is off, if the steering wheel is off as you describe, and yes it is very fix-able. Something wasn't centered when they aligned the vehicle, and it was set off just a bit.