Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Video: Cayenne S tows 33000lbs Truck out of snow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 12:42 PM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
Video: Cayenne S tows 33000lbs Truck out of snow

Cayenne S (250kw 5500lbs) tows 33000lbs Truck, stuck in snow, on hill with summer tires. Rope was Super Yanker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awTzEBdO0kk

Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
all i know is i cant even pull myself out of a patch of icy road, with my 21 inch gts rims and tires.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
18"s with snows. Only way to roll in the snow.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Are you supposed to get a running start like that? Super Yanker stretches 30%, but it's no bungee cord. Good save on both the truck...hopefully the Cayenne is okay.

Last edited by bbywu; 02-28-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 AM
canberk is infamous around these parts
cool, but they're lucky that cord actually handled that running start. it could actually kill a couple people around if it broke out..

Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
bb996+r1 is infamous around these parts
All about leverage.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:26 AM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
Truck blocked my way and was in trouble, this was only way to get him away other option was to wait, wait, wait...it was worth a try.
Because of streching there is much less stress to both cars, my hooks is installed firmly and truck hook was even better, rope has plenty of lbs reserve also.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wirx
Truck blocked my way and was in trouble, this was only way to get him away other option was to wait, wait, wait...it was worth a try.
Because of streching there is much less stress to both cars, my hooks is installed firmly and truck hook was even better, rope has plenty of lbs reserve also.

wow wow wow, great job, even though it looked like it could have ripped your truck in half, glad it worked out, and great video

Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
WOW that was a real world demonstration of how tough this trucks are .

Old 03-03-2010, 02:52 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by canberk
cool, but they're lucky that cord actually handled that running start. it could actually kill a couple people around if it broke out..

+1

thank god you all walked away in 1 pice

Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Just to mention - Cayenne drives still OK, no problems at all.
This winter I installed new Nokian hakkapeliitta tires with studs and it drives like a monster through 0.5m snow. If you want very good tire for winter try finding this Nokian or Continental ContiIceContact BD, I have tried some US spec "winter tires" also and they realy isn't good.

Last edited by wirx; 05-31-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:20 PM
YellowCayenneS is infamous around these partsYellowCayenneS is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

I am glad you and truck are safe.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:43 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
good to see you keeping it down for the P brothers in Estonia!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Bendite is infamous around these parts
Glad to see everyone safe...Great video!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:45 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
AHHHHHH HAHAHHAH DUDE - you are sick. In US we are told to bring tension on the tow row first and then steady pressure. You my man, should be the counter argument to this method.

Ok . .now? now? OK FLOOR IT !!!! WOOOOOOOMMMMMM . . . . SNAP!!!!

After seeing this, the truck driver is lucky he escaped with his bumper still attached.

Reminds me of . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw_vcM7bynA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Cayenne S tows 33000lbs Truck out of snow