Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

bubblinh/peeling paint on wheels (warranty work)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
fredjchavez is infamous around these parts
bubbling/peeling paint on wheels (warranty work)

The stealer is trying to wiggle out of major a paint peeling issue on all four wheels. It is a pretty bad paint lifting (the inner titanium paint is bubling and peeling off the silver paint in quarter size chunks). These are the optional two tone 20" wheels that were offered for the 2006 titanium s cayennes. Some of the paint missing could not be covered by a dollar bill!

Does anyone have similar experiences and a good escalation procedure? I have asked them to put their decision in writing (get decision maker contact info, and find out what steps were taken...ie, phone decision, or personal inspection or ???). From there, probably call porsche of na. I may also approach the local wheel shop that repairs exotic wheels and have them provide an opinion.

The replacement cost according to the stealer is 1100 per wheel. I realize that I could have the wheels restored for around 150 per wheel by a local shop that repairs exotics but this would be for a 1 color application and not the titanium finish which would be a bear to mask properly. This car gets great treatment like no other I have had and never in a million years would I expect a denied warranty claim because of how **** I am about the usage.

I want to figure out a way to compel them to honor their warranty. I hope I do not have to persue legal action but will do so out of principle.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:11 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Maybe you should just try another dealer first.

I am not an attorney but, the problem with any sort of legal action (short of small claims court) is that the cost (time and money) will be far more than if you just get the wheels refinished. Even small claims court will cost you a day of work and you may lose. The dealer will say you used non-approved products on the wheels or something else ridiculous. Your wheels will probably be depreciated 4 years (on a 5 year schedule) so you they will be worth 20% of retail. Again, I am no legal expert, but it just seems like you should try another dealer and, if they also refuse to refinish the wheels, just do it yourself.

Last edited by sparkhill; 03-10-2010 at 06:18 PM.