Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

cat by-pass pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:49 AM
sporters78 is infamous around these parts
Question cat by-pass pipe

what do you think of the cat by-pass pipe [fabspeed] think it will sound good? how about will it set off cell lights etc. i'm looking for better sound fron exhaust on my turbo without being to loud.

Old 09-30-2003, 07:47 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Did you watch the video's on the fabspeed site with the cayenne S and TT???They are a good indication of the sound. They will not affect emmision sensors since they are connected to the primary cat, not the secondary cat which is removed for the bypasses. FYI, the secondary cats are bolt on bolt off, so they can always be put back in rather easily if there are inspection or warranty issues at hand...

http://fabspeed.com/

Old 09-30-2003, 08:18 AM
sporters78 is infamous around these parts
could not get the video's up on my computer maybe because its a "mac" would like to know with air filters and cat by-pass where and if the extra power would be in the power band

Old 09-30-2003, 09:46 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I have an S, so no advice on the TT. Bypasses not available yet and I only use the BMC air filter at this point. It gave me a significant improvement in throttle response, but may be less noticeable in the turbo due to spooling issues...where there will always be a brief lag..I know that the sound improves greatly if you do the complete package, bypasses and sport mufflers...Try to find a PC somewhere to view the video's...They really do give you a good sense of what to expect...

Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 AM
PD3Cayenne is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed cat bypass pipes are one of the best mods for the money....very happy with my Cayenne S

Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM
S-B-D is infamous around these partsS-B-D is infamous around these parts
I went with Leistung resonated bypass pipes on my '09 GTS. I had Fabspeed pipes on my previous '06 S, but they were very raspy with hard throttle and at higher rpms. The resonated pipes sound simply magnificent. My Cayenne has a sound much more like an AMG Mercedes, now. This is good.