Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

19" wheels on an '06 Turbo S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
bga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these parts
19" wheels on an '06 Turbo S?

Will 19" wheels fit on an '06 turbo S or are 20" the smallest? These would be used for snow tires, so I'd like the smallest wheel that will fit.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:10 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
19's will work. Just make sure you get the correct corresponding tire set up.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:32 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Yes, 19's fit and are the smallest that will go over the large brakes of the TurboS and the Turbo with the factory boost kit (which come standard with larger TurboS brakes).

Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Cayenne911 is infamous around these parts
Wondering why you would want to put 19" wheels on a Turbo S? "scratching my head".....

Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Cayenne911
Wondering why you would want to put 19" wheels on a Turbo S? "scratching my head".....
Pretty simple. Several reasons.

19's are chaper than 20's-22's.

More time in development and hence better snow tires in 19" than the larger sizes.

More "lift" allows better handling on the rougher road conditions of winter.

More "lift" = more comfort.

Smaller wheel means narrower tire which generally means better snow & ice grip (less hydroplaning).

And the smallest sized wheel that will fit over the CT-S brakes is a 19".

Mine is a CT, not a CT-S. I use 18" snows because 17" will not fit over the CT's brakes.

I like the idea of having four equally sized tires on my ride. I can rotate the tires and make them last longer. For overall driving conditions, especially in the wet, they carve better than wider tires & handling is different. I believe it may be more prescise and with better feedback.

But, what do I know?

Last edited by gr8ful; 03-26-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-26-2010, 01:36 PM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
Originally Posted by gr8ful

More time in development and hence better snow ties in 19" than the larger sizes.

More "lift" allows better hanhlinh og the rougher road conditions of winter.

Smaller wheel means narrower tire which generally means better snow & ice grip (less hydoplaning).

Mine is a CT, not a CT-S. I use 18" snows because 17" will not fit over the CT's brakes.

I like the idea of having four equally sized tires on my ride. I can rotate the tires and make them last longer. For overall driving conditions, especially in the wet, they carve better than wider tires & handling is different. I believe it may be more prescise and with better feedback.

But, what do I know?
Everything well said. I agree.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Cayenne911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gr8ful

More time in development and hence better snow tires in 19" than the larger sizes.

More "lift" allows better handling on the rougher road conditions of winter.

Smaller wheel means narrower tire which generally means better snow & ice grip (less hydroplaning).

But, what do I know?
Guess I'm pretty spoiled living in Sunny Cali....

I have 10" wide all around and don't have to deal with snow unless I go up to Big Bear....

Old 03-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Cayenne911
Guess I'm pretty spoiled living in Sunny Cali....

I have 10" wide all around and don't have to deal with snow unless I go up to Big Bear....

Yes, but we get to slide around more and develop better skills.

Damn, I miss the Phoenix area running 20" Diamaris, not having to warm up my car, never scraping the W/S, never changing over to summer tires.

But, then, we've got the best fishing in the world. Our hunting ain't bad. Taxes are low. No sales tax. No income tax! The State pays us.

No depression here. Damn gas does cost MORE tho'! Rush Hour lasts 20 minutes and everybody complains.

Most drives average 3-6 miles during the winter and we park and ride boats in the summer. No Pelosi's up here. We've got the only missile shield in the country. You can carry concealed w/o a permit.

Yes, our roads suck up here. They are dangerous but we can open 'em up for long distances at times.

Uh, can you send me one of your women up here?