Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Problem with parking sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
Problem with parking sensors

A while ago i had the car painted.
When i left it at the shop the parking sensors worked just fine.
Now when i slow down the speed to almost still the two green lights comes on even if there is nothing in front of my car.
The bad luck is that the painter is no longer in my part of the country, so i canīt just go back to him to let him fix this matter.
Could it be that he connected the sensors the wrong way or did something else that affected the sensors (i donīt think he removed the bumper when he did the painting) or are they simply broken?

TIA
Peter

Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
a bent cable can cause that, check the connections.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
thanks i will.

peter

Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Justahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud of
As far as I know that is normal operation for the Cayenne. I think you may be able to adjust that in the comfort settings

Old 03-22-2010, 08:35 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
2 green lights are normal operation, that means there is nothing immediately in front of/behind you. If you put it into D/R, and only the 2 outer lights come on and are red, with no lights in between, then you have a problem.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:08 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I was about to say,,, mine does the exactly the same thing, i would start to concern if this thing starts to beep like crazy

Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
2 green lights are normal operation, that means there is nothing immediately in front of/behind you. If you put it into D/R, and only the 2 outer lights come on and are red, with no lights in between, then you have a problem.
Ok, thanks
Good news then. Perhaps i should have checked the user manual.
(but if my memory is correct it did not behave like this before i left it for painting).

Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Justahonda
As far as I know that is normal operation for the Cayenne. I think you may be able to adjust that in the comfort settings
Will you please guide me how to do that?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Justahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud of
i looked today to check in comfort settings. There is no option for that. I believe I was mistake.

But so you know comfort settings are accessed through your instrument cluster by scrolling untill you find the menu option. There are some useful adjustments from there!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:28 AM
jchou38 has a spectacular aura aboutjchou38 has a spectacular aura about
i have a similar problem, except mine is when im slowing down, red bars come on, and then 30 seconds it will turn green

Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Joe_Tule is infamous around these parts
Sometimes mine give false positives after being left outside in the snow. I think water throws them off.