Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

955 to 957 Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 PM
akshon is infamous around these parts
955 to 957 Conversion

I bought this car for stupid cheap last year and got carried away and ended up restoring/refurbishing the whole car. I can honestly say there is not a chip or a flaw anywhere on the car right now.

Main give away is the side mirrors and rear window trim in glass both of which were too expensive for what it was.

Here is the result. I will post custom interior and other pics on another day.

Enjoy!

Attached Images      
Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Nice work, look really good.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Nice job

Old 03-31-2010, 03:58 PM
xTapouTx is infamous around these parts
That's sexy!!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys. I have since added spacers which help so much on the overall stance of the car as well as a custom exhaust set up with fabspeed bypass pipes.

Car is in the shop for system install and should get it soon. Cant wait to get rid of the terrible bose and primitive pcm.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Looks great, love the Cayenne in white. Enjoy the new exhaust upgrade, you will like the improved power and sound. If you have any questions at all, let me know. Next step is the ECU Flash which will make another 50+ HP with EVOMS/Fabspeed.
Thanks,

Old 04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
looks good, especially the black headlight housing!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks, those headlights cost more than anything on the car and someone actually noticed.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:27 PM
russnyc is infamous around these parts
beautiful

--- what are you going with on the electronics? I've really been trying to keep it fairly stock but primitive is the right word. I have nav, satellite and single cd with bluetooth and ipod from nav-tv added on. I'm considering yanking it all but don't know a thing about aftermarket electronics and wouldn't know where to begin.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Russ NYC,

Most important thing is the headunit. However if you have bose you have to get a minimum of head unit and amps to power the stock speakers as the bose amps will no longer work with a non oem headunit from what i know.

But if you were to change everything you would need a headunit with nav, dvd, bloothtooth, and all functions like kenwood dnx 9140 and match that up with 9" drivers, 4" speakers, 1" tweeter and cross over for the front, 6.5 componenets in the rear door panels, and a single sub woofer in the back. All of this powered by 2 or three amps. This is essentially my setup which I consider to be a simple system.

Hope this helped at all but maybe you should wait longer. Reason i changed everything is because only thing working on my pcm 2.1 was the radio and that was only sometimes.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
russnyc is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info ... when you swap out the head unit are you still able to use the steering wheel controls? I'm assuming I'll lose the little bit of functionality around vehicle info like mpg/average speed etc when pressing the trip button since the trip button would be gone.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:22 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I also noticed you got the 955 Turbo S exhaust tips rather than the 957 exhaust tips, which I hate.
Good job!

Old 04-05-2010, 03:40 PM
haha yes. Those tips are actually custom but inspired by 955 turbo s tips.

The 955 Cayenne tips are too wide and oem 957 turbo tips are like $900 or something like that...

Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by russnyc
Thanks for the info ... when you swap out the head unit are you still able to use the steering wheel controls? I'm assuming I'll lose the little bit of functionality around vehicle info like mpg/average speed etc when pressing the trip button since the trip button would be gone.

You can get a module for all your steering wheel controls to work but you would lose the trip button. However some after market headunits have similar feautres but better so if you pick the right unit there should be no loss of functionality.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Cheeky Monkey is infamous around these parts
Looks great on the Rinspeeds and love the black out lights

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 955 to 957 Conversion