Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Disappointed by FX45 Test Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Unhappy Disappointed by FX45 Test Drive

I drove an FX45 for the first time today. While the technology & comfort of the FX are fantastic, I was very disappointed with the power.

Everything I've read says that the FX45 should beat the pants off of every SUV except the Cayenne Turbo & G55. I just didn't feel it. I floored the accelerator from a stoplight and it sure seemed like it took a lot longer than 6.8 seconds to get to 60. I then tried passing a suburban, and the FX seemed to be trying way too hard just to barely creep by a suburban.

The vehicle was brand spanking new with fewer than 20 miles, so perhaps I couldn't extract maximum power from the virgin engine. I doubt this was the problem, as the brand new Cayenne Turbo I test drove seemed to live up to all of its reviews.

I know that it may not be a fair comparison to put an FX45 against a Cayenne Turbo, but I did not experience any of the thrilling g-forces in the FX that I did in the CT.

Has anyone driven both the FX & the CS or CT? What's your take on my comments?

Old 01-11-2005, 12:01 AM
cayenneman is infamous around these parts
I was thoroughly impressed by the fx. I test drove it and loved it. It felt to sedan like for me and I cant justify buying an infiniti instead of a porsche. (the whole heritage thing you know) But I loved the driving dynamics. It will in no way compare to a CT though.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:32 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cayenneman
I was thoroughly impressed by the fx. I test drove it and loved it. It felt to sedan like for me and I cant justify buying an infiniti instead of a porsche. (the whole heritage thing you know) But I loved the driving dynamics. It will in no way compare to a CT though.
My daily driver is a 45 and I would agree with you. It is Sedan like which I like and I can blow by a Suburban in a heartbeat. You want to run off the line take it out of auto mode and rev the engine like its meant to be.

I don't know why people even compare these vehicles. They do on the FX boards to. They are not at all the same type of vehicle. One is built for on and offroad and is a true SUV... The other is a Xover that is built on a G35 platform, more sedan like and is not designed for offroad at all.

Shank has had many cars as we know to compare and he always said good things about his 45 also.

I love mine!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
FX45 0-60 is better than Cayenne S but in term of handling Cayenne S beats the FX, 4.6 and the Cadillac! And of course Cayenne Turbo is in another level, you can't compare them, its double the price of FX

Old 01-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
good call Deetz.

So I want to confirm: is the performance of the FX superior to that of the Cayenne S?

By performance, I mean:

1. Acceleration
2. Handling (on-road)
3. Passing Power

Old 01-11-2005, 12:18 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
1. FX 45 > Cayenne S because of the weight
2. Cayenne S > FX 45
3. I'll take the Cayenne S, no matter what its still a German car.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:49 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by DEETZ
1. FX 45 > Cayenne S because of the weight
2. Cayenne S > FX 45
3. I'll take the Cayenne S, no matter what its still a German car.
3. I will take a Jap. car over a German car for a daily driver all day long (IMHO).

And I'm German...