Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

EVOMS Intake installation problem: HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMS Intake installation problem: HELP!

Hi Guys,
Just got the EVOMS V flow intake for my 2009 Cayenne S. After 2 visits to my installer's shop, they can not make the tube to fit onto the MAF sensor. Because the tube is simply the same diameter as the MAF sensor. (see pic below) They say the tube can not be stretched. This is very frustrating as the parts seen to be correct, unless there is a manufacturing defect or the 2009 MAF sensor is larger than previous years?

Any help is much appreciated.

Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2010, 01:03 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Call up EVO directly, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:33 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TT
Call up EVO directly, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
is that kim bauer?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:35 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
It your Cayenne a regular "S" or "GTS"???

Try using glass cleaner =) Does the trick every time.
Its "S" but the parts were labeled as " GTS". I heard from EVO (indirectly )that the GTS and S are the same model, and the tube should fit. I stood there with the installers, and it looks impossible without damaging the tubes or the sensor.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:36 PM
EVOMS sent me the right parts in a very timely manner. Now that the intake has been installed, i noticed that the installer did not install the rubber sealing around the heat shell, he states that it is already a tight fit therefore no sealing is necessary. Do you guys think this will cause an issue or reduction in performance gains?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
yoojeankim is infamous around these parts
i'd install whatever EVOMS sent me... there's a reason they give you each part

Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
xTapouTx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yoojeankim
i'd install whatever EVOMS sent me... there's a reason they give you each part

I'll second that statement!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Thanks guys. I will go back to the shop again this weekend. By the way, i highly recommend the EVOMS intake, the more i drive the car, the more i feel the differences in throttle response and performance improvements. The engine revs more freely, the car just becomes more alive.