Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Colorado Cayenne Owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
RisingAgainst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cole
2nd vote for 3Zero3 motorsports.
Same here, great guys. They know their stuff and don't waste your time. I won't go anywhere else.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Brez is infamous around these parts
Anyone has any experience with the Dealer in Colorado Springs?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
mrdee is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the advice guys!

Now that it's finally snowing here again and starting to look a lot like christmas, i was wondering what kind of snow tires you guys have on your cayennes. I am considering getting my first and new set of winter tires. Please advise

Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
hulahula is infamous around these parts
I went with non-Porsche approved Cooper Discoverer Mud & Snow tires. (255/55R-18). They are only S rated (112 mph), but I wanted a really aggressive pattern for the slop in ski country and for moderate off-roading. No problems with this tire but Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow are Porsche approved V rated (149 mph).

Last edited by hulahula; 12-31-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:35 PM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
I bought a set of Michelin Alpines from TireRack for the 20" stock wheels on my Cayenne Turbo and they've done pretty well in the limited winter weather we've had. The ice we've had the past couple of days isn't a very fair test, but I wasn't sliding down hills like the rest of Colorado Springs drivers =)

They do great in the snow from what I can tell! Plus I got a $70 gift card from Michelin after buying the tires.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:36 PM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Brez
Anyone has any experience with the Dealer in Colorado Springs?
I go there all the time with both of my Porsches and they are great guys on both the sales and service side of the house. I highly recommend them.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:18 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by imolafem
I bought a set of Michelin Alpines from TireRack for the 20" stock wheels on my Cayenne Turbo and they've done pretty well in the limited winter weather we've had. The ice we've had the past couple of days isn't a very fair test, but I wasn't sliding down hills like the rest of Colorado Springs drivers =)

They do great in the snow from what I can tell! Plus I got a $70 gift card from Michelin after buying the tires.
That's good to hear -- I just ordered those tires yesterday!

Last edited by lnferno; 01-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Brez is infamous around these parts
Thanks
Brez

Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by imolafem

I'm actually torn between the Michelin Alpin and Bridgestone Blizzak tires. I'm not sure if I really need tires that provide the best snow and ice traction possible. As you all know, the roads here are not covered in snow all winter season but when it snows, it SNOWS! So is it worth trading some snow and ice traction for enhanced handling on wet and dry roads? What's your take?

Old 01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by mrdee
I'm actually torn between the Michelin Alpin and Bridgestone Blizzak tires. I'm not sure if I really need tires that provide the best snow and ice traction possible. As you all know, the roads here are not covered in snow all winter season but when it snows, it SNOWS! So is it worth trading some snow and ice traction for enhanced handling on wet and dry roads? What's your take?
I've actually only run Blizzaks on my vehicles for the last 10 yrs I've been buying snow tires with just one year that I bought Nokians for an Audi. What irritated me about the Blizzaks that were in the same size as the Alpins I just bought (Blizzaks were cheaper.....)was that if you read the notes that the special Blizzak material is only the top 50% of the tread/rubber of the tire. The last half of the tire is just normal material. I thought, wtf? Has Bridgestone done this all along? They've always worked well, but I want to get my money's worth. Let me try these Alpins. It hasn't snowed or ice almost at all here in Colorado so far this winter, so I've gotten to test out the Alpin wet and dry road traction/ comfort a lot and its great. So no worries there.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
I finally got the Alpins mounted just in time for the snow that hit yesterday. WORLD of difference over the P Zeros (DUH). I'm glad I didn't get the Pirelli Snow and Ice tires. I think that would have been overkill for Colorado Springs since we really don't get hit that hard anymore. I kind of miss the good ol' days from years ago when we'd get like 2-4 feet of snow.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I've decided to get the Michelin Latitude Alpin so I shopped around today for a new set of winter tires. I called Damon earlier from Tirerack.com, based on couple of recommendations here, but the price he offered me was the same with what they have on their website. It was still cheaper though compare to most tire places except with Discount Tires, where their offer came out cheaper with my military discount. Im going back there tomorrow to order tires.

Last edited by mrdee; 01-10-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
TireRack should pay me a commission!

Old 05-14-2011, 02:16 PM
hulahula is infamous around these parts
Time to get my brakes replaced. Thinking about getting the Stoptech slotted rotors offered at 3zero3motorsports. Anybody have experience with these rotors? Also thinking about getting cryogenic treatment from Colorado Cryogenic Processing. (http://www.coloradocryogenics.com/Di...ke_Rotors.html) Are there any other cryo shops in town?

Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I haven't done either. I just replaced my Cayenne Turbo front rotors and pads with the stock ones at my local Porsche dealer. The ones from the factory lasted 45k miles and I haven't once had an issue with stopping for daily driving. I've left my modding money to my other vehicles =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Colorado Cayenne Owners?