Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Bose vs. Burmester in the new Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010 | 07:23 AM
|
Kain is infamous around these parts
Bose vs. Burmester in the new Cayenne

How much of a difference is there between the Bose sound system and the Burmester sound system in the new Cayenne? Is the Burmester worth the extra money?

Old 05-10-2010 | 05:59 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Anything is better than Bose...period.

Just check out any audio review website. If you're not a serious audiophile, then maybe the Bose will suffice.

If audio is important to you, I'd consider the Burmester option. Aftermarket audio in newer cars these days aren't worth the headache. And it's another reason for the dealer to deny "some" "any" or "all" electronic warranty claims.

Old 05-11-2010 | 03:33 AM
HaroldCGT is infamous around these parts
The difference between Bose and Burmester is like comparing a Panamera Turbo to a VW Passat or Golf.

The Burmester option in the Panamera is definitely one of the best car audio systems on the market. I actually prefer it over the Linn and Lexicon. The only one that may be better is the NAIM system in the Bentley.

Old 05-11-2010 | 05:02 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
The only reason to buy a new one over the current one is to get Burmester....

Old 12-02-2010 | 01:41 PM
lenajonathan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HaroldCGT
The difference between Bose and Burmester is like comparing a Panamera Turbo to a VW Passat or Golf.

The Burmester option in the Panamera is definitely one of the best car audio systems on the market. I actually prefer it over the Linn and Lexicon. The only one that may be better is the NAIM system in the Bentley.
Thanks a lot for clarification , I intend to buy them but needed this info!

Old 12-02-2010 | 10:26 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Check the other thread "Compared Bose to Burmester today". Tons of info. Read through those posts, go test then yourself and then decide for yourself if the premium is worth it or not. Burmester and NAIM are the best car audio systems on this planet. So please don't ask if it is worth the price premium. I say it is a steal for that price. It is up to the buyer to see if he/she would benefit from it. If you think having it in the car would enhance your pleasure and stir your emotions then go for it.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 12-02-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-03-2010 | 01:11 PM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rockstardoc
Anything is better than Bose...period.

Just check out any audio review website. If you're not a serious audiophile, then maybe the Bose will suffice.

If audio is important to you, I'd consider the Burmester option. Aftermarket audio in newer cars these days aren't worth the headache. And it's another reason for the dealer to deny "some" "any" or "all" electronic warranty claims.
I agree with the Burmester opinon, but, there's plenty of crap out there that Bose is better than.

Old 12-03-2010 | 11:42 PM
X GTS X is infamous around these partsX GTS X is infamous around these parts
Any thing but bose

Old 12-04-2010 | 07:11 PM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
I agree 100%

Originally Posted by HaroldCGT

Old 12-05-2010 | 07:55 AM
Overdraft is infamous around these parts
I didn't 'get that' on my test drive in the Panamera Turbo I was considering at one point before ordering my CTT - which ultimately led me to pass on the option on my Cayenne. Wasn't really a cost issue as I ordered the PTV, PDDC, 21" wheels, aluminum front and rear, et al. Sorry - I enjoy a beautiful sound system as much as the next guy but I didn't get the Burmeister experience which a couple of the guys seem to be having - let alone the additional cost. Perhaps I am not tuned that way...

Old 12-05-2010 | 03:16 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by caltex
The only reason to buy a new one over the current one is to get Burmester....
Nuff said

Old 12-05-2010 | 04:03 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
Go spend some time in both and compare for yourself. For me there was not enough of a difference in the sound and there are better ways to spend the money.

As for the comment about its the only reason to get the new one?? How about shedding 400lbs, a redesigned interior and exterior and completely different driving dynamics. I see a multitude of reasons that the new cayenne is better than the previous generation, but the availability of Burmester is not one of them.

You buy porsche for its driving characteristics, not its sound system.

Old 12-05-2010 | 05:44 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
There is no reason to get a Burmester over a Bose if one cannot tell the difference. For those people, their money is better spent on PASM/air suspension or for those who have that, the PDCC/PTV. Ok-computadora, I don't know how to react when you say that the availability of Burmester (which is one of the best car audio systems available other than NAIM on the Bentley) is not one of the highlights of the new model year.

Old 12-05-2010 | 07:07 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
There is no reason to get a Burmester over a Bose if one cannot tell the difference. For those people, their money is better spent on PASM/air suspension or for those who have that, the PDCC/PTV. Ok-computadora, I don't know how to react when you say that the availability of Burmester (which is one of the best car audio systems available other than NAIM on the Bentley) is not one of the highlights of the new model year.
I did not say Burmester is not a highlight. A previous poster wrote it's avaiability is the ONLY reason to get the new cayenne over the old

Old 12-05-2010 | 07:18 PM
Ok-comp: Hey no sweat. Did not mean to take a shot at your remark. But you know how passionate I am when it comes to the BURM and the technology/research that goes behind the product. After spending quite a bit of time reading audiophile websites, magazines etc I was just surprised to see a statement like "I see a multitude of reasons that the new cayenne is better than the previous generation, but the availability of Burmester is not one of them". Thats all.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 12-05-2010 at 07:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bose vs. Burmester in the new Cayenne