Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Must-have options for the 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Kain is infamous around these parts
Must-have options for the 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo?

What do you think are the must-have options on the 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo?

To view the options, go to http://www.porsche.com/middle-east/_dubai_/ and click on "Build Your Porsche." Then select the Cayenne and finally Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic.

Does all the "required" good stuff already come as standard on the 2011 Cayenne Turbo? Is the rest all garnish?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
My must haves would be:
Reversing camera including ParkAssist front and rear
Panoramic Roof System
Seat ventilation front
Three-spoke sports steering wheel with paddles
HomeLink® (garage door opener) (this isnt standard...)

Theres tons of more indiv. items but those above items are a must have...

Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Too many to list. Definitely PVT-Plus on the chassis options pages.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:30 AM
What is PVT-Plus? I read around and it seems it is a system that helps you corner?

Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
My list is pretty short;

HID
premium stereo w/ navi
oem premium wheels
HomeLink
Heated seats

Old 05-15-2010, 12:48 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I believe PVT-Plus are the adjustable motor mount technology.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by gr8ful
I believe PVT-Plus are the adjustable motor mount technology.
Can you explain/elaborate on that? Not sure what you mean by adjustable motor mount.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM
From what I can discern, the adjustability gives the vehicle a wider range of driving characteristics making it a ***** cat to stoll with and a tiger on the track. Can someone help me in describing this? Certainly, I admit "I do not know what I am talking about!" :-(

Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by gr8ful
From what I can discern, the adjustability gives the vehicle a wider range of driving characteristics making it a ***** cat to stoll with and a tiger on the track. Can someone help me in describing this? Certainly, I admit "I do not know what I am talking about!" :-(
Can anyone please confirm or expand on this?

Old 05-18-2010, 09:59 AM
If the Porsche AG car configurator wasn't so lame (S-L-O-W), I'd be inclined to look it up. Notwithstanding, this "option" may be the defining one for the new series Cayenne.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Our famed R&D facility at Weissach has done it again: introducing PTV Plus, a new system for enhancing driving dynamics and stability. PTV Plus offers variable distribution of engine torque to the rear wheels and an electronically controlled rear differential. Depending on the steering angle, steering speed, throttle pedal position, yaw velocity and vehicle speed, PTV Plus optimizes steering response and precision by applying brake pressure to the left or right rear wheel, as required.
Specifically, this means that when the vehicle enters a corner at speed, moderate brake pressure is applied to the inside rear wheel. This transfers drive torque to the outside rear wheel, which supports the steering motion of the car, thereby improving its cornering dynamics.
At slow and medium speeds, PTV Plus considerably enhances agility and steering precision. At high speeds, during fast cornering and under wheelspin, the electronically controlled rear differential helps to ensure additional stability.
In off-road terrain, PTV Plus reduces wheelspin on the rear wheels—even when towing heavy trailer loads. The electronically controlled rear differential can be fully locked using the off-road control on the center console.
Optional for the Cayenne, Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks.

Can this system be switched off if required? To me, it sounds like traction/stability control: helps you but takes away from the pleasure of "controlling" the car yourself.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Its a way of providing torque vectoring like the GTR ATTESSA-ETS and Acura SH AWD and now available on Audi Quattro. Basically instead of just shuffling power front to back it can also shuffle power across the rear axle which can increase the cars stability and control in cornering situations. It actually is less intrusive and it allows the car to stay on course without taking away a lot of your control by slowing the car or pulling back on the power.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
loaded is the only way but i never use the stupid triptronic buttons so
id delete that and the dumb ski bag thingy that was designed by satan
to never be refolded properly.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by cuemaster
loaded is the only way but i never use the stupid triptronic buttons so
id delete that and the dumb ski bag thingy that was designed by satan
to never be refolded properly.
Creative: I never heard the ski bag referred to this way.

The Cayenne was complicated. The new one will be even more complicated.

Good question: I do not understand PVT+ but having but a few miles on this one, I doubt I would want to turn it off except during auto-cross for skill development.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Must-have options for the 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo?