Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I feel bad for your Cayenne Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 08:52 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by mudman2
but at least they are doing something actively to put things right. Ever owned a MB or GM or Ford
are they? several of my problems are not only NOT being worked on but are considered "normal".

yep, my F150 is great. the CT and F150 are both the same year, we have about the same miles on each (i drive the schit out of my F150 while my wife babies her CT), and the F150 has had nothing but oil changes (then again the CT gets an oil change every 6 to 8 months just by adding the necessary oil it eats) while the CT has been in multiple times and maybe 1/2 of the issues have been fixed.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Ben...thanks for sharing about the Service Memo.

My company has owned about 8 Ford Super Duty pickups in the past 6 years. About half are/were V10 Tritons and the other half are/were diesels. Other than a very common problem with the 2004+ diesels, these trucks have been bulletproof. Basically nothing but oil changes & tires.

Contrast that with 3 of my parents mercedes & my 996TT, which have all been in the shop multiple times for more than scheduled maintenance.

Looks like the Americans are starting to get things right, while the krauts are slackin off.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:25 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I just drove my gf's new Cayenne Turbo from the dealership (we just picked it up), and it is very comfortable (PASM). The car feels a lot heavier and it feels a lot faster. The only problem with this brand new beast is that the headlight has condensation sadly. My car has 20k miles and there is no condensation from the first time I bought it. Another problem, navigation did not seem to work, it says "ERROR". I guess I will look into it some other time However, we do not get the vibration problem with both my CS and her CT. Very happy with both cars

Old 01-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by DEETZ
I just drove my gf's new Cayenne Turbo from the dealership (we just picked it up), and it is very comfortable (PASM). The car feels a lot heavier and it feels a lot faster. The only problem with this brand new beast is that the headlight has condensation sadly. My car has 20k miles and there is no condensation from the first time I bought it. Another problem, navigation did not seem to work, it says "ERROR". I guess I will look into it some other time However, we do not get the vibration problem with both my CS and her CT. Very happy with both cars
i just had the condensation tsb performed on our CT last week (though i'm waiting for porsche to get a fix for it in my CGT!). i think there is a tsb for that nav as well. then again, there is a tsb for most everything on these things. and, we've had the vibration problem since early on.

Last edited by ben, lj; 01-25-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:39 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Ben: thanks I will look into that!

Old 01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
mike is infamous around these parts
Ben, what I meant was that bad design issues with those manufacturers never get fixed until the change the design some years later. P are addressing them during the model life and freely fitting them to existing cars, the others would never even admit there was a problem.

Old 01-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Even though my Cayenne is just starting to get all these issues addressed, I can not recommend it to anyone...The amount of problems, some serious, is just unacceptable.

The hesitation problem has been maddening, owning the Cayenne has been more aggravation than it is worth, although it is a great vehicle in so many ways.

Just for me, life is too short to be constantly annoyed by my car...

Every other Porsche I have owned has been fantastic, this one is just not ready for prime time...

Last edited by Control It; 01-27-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mike
Ben, what I meant was that bad design issues with those manufacturers never get fixed until the change the design some years later. P are addressing them during the model life and freely fitting them to existing cars, the others would never even admit there was a problem.
Porsche does not admit there is a problem either. It has taken 4 times in the shop to get my lag problem 'fixed' and even though it is much better, the tranny is the worst I have ever had on any vehicle I have owned...by far!

The software is a mess....sorry guys

Old 01-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
wow do I feel lucky. No problems. The TSB's are addressed each time I visit the dealer and says things are adjusted that I didn't even know needed adjusting. As for the whole lag thing, I either switch to manual mode or take off PSM and the car drives like a GT-3 (OK, that's over the top but really, it is a winner IMHO). Dakkar to Paris here I come!

Old 01-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Blue Bayou is infamous around these parts
Have both 2001 996TT and 2004 CT love them both. No major issues.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mike
RMS