Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Joining the club..new (to me) owner:2005 Cayenne S W/pics!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mq1PredatorMC
Reborn, forgot to say that those look stellar and for ~$700?! Killer deal. Yeah, markups are outrageous at times but like most hobbies, people WILL spend the dough similarly like in my other hobby--high-end audio. My co-worked gasped at the prices of 2-channel amps and turn tables costing sometimes in the 10's of thousands of dollars. When there is a market for it, people will get what they want. Pride of ownership right?
Ok, a bit OT! Cool! My former hobby was high-end audio but I was always on a budget and ended up getting stuff that has the most bang-for-the-buck. I am no longer into it as I no longer have time for that. My 16-yr old Krell amp, 15-yr old Apogee speakers, 17-yr old Cal Audio Labs CD transport & Sota turntable are still alive and kicking though and I still have that Conrad-Johnson tube preamp in storage. These are quality stuff! I've traded this hobby into cars (my first interest anyway), more in particular though not exclusively, Porsches. I would say my next P-car after my CTT would be a 993 (if I didn't get a Lotus first) and am considering at this moment a 1970 914-6 (if my other friend decides not to sell his 1969 MB 280SL Pagoda).

Old 06-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Mq1PredatorMC is infamous around these parts
jr, You have some nice stuff there and that's the thing even with high-end audio, like performance cars, no matter how old they are, they retain a lot of value and sometimes even increase in some cases. I love finding audiophile stuff on a budget.Bryston, Lexicon, M&K, Triad, Velodyne is what I have right now and while I am settled on that gear, I know its a matter of time when the upgraditis comes back, for now though focus is on the Pepper and what I can do with it. Speaking of audio, thinking about upgrading the Bose amp and sub too..down the road maybe some Seas drivers. Thought/done about this anyone?

Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Anybody want a new Dyanvector Ruby Moving Coil Cartridge? Aside from a battery operated stylus cleaner that's all I've got left.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-Fi...Q5fAccessories

Center caps included!

Originally Posted by gr8ful
KInd of hard for me to beleive only $700 for the set. My stealership wants that much just for the optional 2005 TPMS!

Then the colored center caps run a couple hundred.

Last edited by Reborn996; 06-11-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Reborn996

DANG!

Are those true OEM Porsche wheels? Made by BBS? Stamped on the inside BBS. Quite a deal and I like them.

Are those consdiered Turbo II 20" wheels?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Uh.... heck no are they real! Just look at the messages on this thread, no way you could get one BBS OEM Porsche wheel for that much!

Those are the replica's I have been running for over a year now with no issues.

FYI, those are typically referred to as GTS style wheels since they are identical to the factory 21" GTS OEM wheels.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
The Turbo II's came out in 2009 in 18's. Since then Porsche offers them in 19's. These may pass for the 20" version.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
jr, You have some nice stuff there and that's the thing even with high-end audio, like performance cars, no matter how old they are, they retain a lot of value and sometimes even increase in some cases. I love finding audiophile stuff on a budget.Bryston, Lexicon, M&K, Triad, Velodyne is what I have right now and while I am settled on that gear, I know its a matter of time when the upgraditis comes back, for now though focus is on the Pepper and what I can do with it. Speaking of audio, thinking about upgrading the Bose amp and sub too..down the road maybe some Seas drivers. Thought/done about this anyone?
I will have to admit that, since I had to catch up with movies when my little children are out of town during summer vacations, my high end audio system had been downgraded to a simple home theater, using a mid-fi AV receiver as a preamp & DAC, but I still use the Krell and the Apogees in the system.

When you mentioned Bose, I initially thought you were talking about the home system . Then I thought you must be talking about the Cayenne system. I've read some threads regarding the use of an Alpine amp with the JL Stealthbox. I may go that way due to its simplicity. However, I believe other higher-end car audio amps can be wired in as well. If you have the $$$ to spend, you can always go with the JL Stealthbox (or even a custom enclosure) for the integrated look then, if possible, replace the sub driver with something else, like SEAS if that that is something you really want and if they have anything that fits.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 AM
jr, Noooo way, as mos audiophiles know, Bose home systems leave you a bit...lets just say, 'underwhelmed'---don't want to offend any Bose aficionados here but to give a em a little credit, their system in the CS is not half bad for a stock system IMO. I do know you can do better and have a bit more transparency and dynamic range...but overall I give it a 6.5 out of 10. I have to admit, I am not too educated on car audio though and I have not heard the Levinson system in a Lexus which should be interesting in implementation of what I know what the Levinson brand name gives to home audio.

All, is it true that only the 18-19" wheels are capable going off road? If so, for those who have moved on to 22" 's for instance, are they restricted to on road only?

Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 PM
jr, Noooo way, as mos audiophiles know, Bose home systems leave you a bit...lets just say, 'underwhelmed'---don't want to offend any Bose aficionados here but to give a em a little credit, their system in the CS is not half bad for a stock system IMO. I do know you can do better and have a bit more transparency and dynamic range...but overall I give it a 6.5 out of 10. I have to admit, I am not too educated on car audio though and I have not heard the Levinson system in a Lexus which should be interesting in implementation of what I know what the Levinson brand name gives to home audio.

All, is it true that only the 18-19" wheels are capable going off road? If so, for those who have moved on to 22" 's for instance, are they restricted to on road only?
No further comment on Bose home systems except that I'm totally not a fan.

The Levinson system in my Lexus is pretty okay on acoustic, jazz, soft music. However, it breaks down on some electronic and trance music. It doesn't reach the levels of good aftermarket systems but it is satisfactory that I don't find the need to upgrade it. Besides, music listening in a car doesn't reach the levels of home listening anyway, specially with compressed mp3 files and given a car's acoustical properties and noise, therefore, as long as it sounds good and clear, anything can be satisfactory.

Can't comment yet on the Bose of the CS/CTT as my CTT is still in NoCal waiting to be shipped out. I will have to wait another 3 weeks before I get my hands on it and be able to evaluate the Bose system. I've read about the Alpine amp and the JL Stealthbox and the simplicity of the install, however, I will have to listen first before I decide if that is an investment I would want to do or not. Besides, the way I see it, my wife would be driving the CTT more often and she can be happy with the simplest factory systems.

As for the 22" wheels, I think those are strictly street only. The tires available on those sizes, the low aspect ratios, the width of the tires, I don't think they would cut it for off-road. 18s would be best for light trails due to their narrower width and higher aspect ratio. I myself am considering shopping for a used set of 18s for my CTT just in case I would need them.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey thanks jr and everyone for those tips and experiences... I'm content with the speakers I have as the Bose system is really not that bad. THat is until I hear an upgraded system in a sim. Pepper.