Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

replaced crappy factory radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
yes...

Old 05-27-2011, 12:58 PM
CayenneExpress is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the write up Matrix. You inspired me to take the plunge. I'm going with the AVIC-130BT, steering wheel module, Bose MOST interface, XM receiver, iPod cable, and backup camera. I have PCM 2.1 which I added Tooki bluetooth and NavTV ipod video integration to. I spent a lot of money to do that, but I think this is well worth it considering the backup camera, ipod, touchscreen, and all the other goodies the AVIC comes with..

I'll have my Tooki bluetooth and NavTV video unit for sale soon if anyone is interested. They both work great, but this will be an extreme makeover compared to just adding to the OEM unit.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:00 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Matrix
The great thing about the pioneer radio is that i can play movies and music videos while driving.
Good to see you're not letting that driving get in the way of your enjoyment..

Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Matrix is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CayenneExpress
Thanks for the write up Matrix. You inspired me to take the plunge. I'm going with the AVIC-130BT, steering wheel module, Bose MOST interface, XM receiver, iPod cable, and backup camera. I have PCM 2.1 which I added Tooki bluetooth and NavTV ipod video integration to. I spent a lot of money to do that, but I think this is well worth it considering the backup camera, ipod, touchscreen, and all the other goodies the AVIC comes with..

I'll have my Tooki bluetooth and NavTV video unit for sale soon if anyone is interested. They both work great, but this will be an extreme makeover compared to just adding to the OEM unit.

I went one step further and replaced the bose amp and speakers with JL Audio, its worlds better. Seemed to always have a random problem with my bose amp powering down and shutting off my system requiring the car to restart. The bose will sound much better when you change to the 130BT, let me know how it turns out.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:49 AM
I went one step further and replaced the bose amp and speakers with JL Audio, its worlds better. Seemed to always have a random problem with my bose amp powering down and shutting off my system requiring the car to restart. The bose will sound much better when you change to the 130BT, let me know how it turns out.
Hey Matrix, just had the unit installed yesterday. Everything is great except the double din kit my installer ordered has black trim all around. Since mine is an "S" I have the silver trim bezel like you. Can you tell me where you got your double din trim kit? I need to order a new one so I can use my silver trim. I'm ashamed to take photos until I have the right kit, the black trim doesn't look right with the silver AC controls.

Thanks.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Hey Matrix, just had the unit installed yesterday. Everything is great except the double din kit my installer ordered has black trim all around. Since mine is an "S" I have the silver trim bezel like you. Can you tell me where you got your double din trim kit? I need to order a new one so I can use my silver trim. I'm ashamed to take photos until I have the right kit, the black trim doesn't look right with the silver AC controls.

Thanks.
Not sure i know what your talking about, my trim kit is black. Take a pic so i can see what your talking about.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
I think what happened is that your trim is small and basically an insert into the original bezel. In my case, my installer bought a complete bezel/trim kit. See photo.

Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I think what happened is that your trim is small and basically an insert into the original bezel. In my case, my installer bought a complete bezel/trim kit. See photo.
Ah i see, i got my kit off ebay so im not sure where to purchase it online other than ebay.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:20 AM
jeduardoz is infamous around these parts
Russ the harness is for the fiber optic cable to keep the bose speakers. The only controls that work on the steering is volume. I am aware of MSN closing shop but the reason i went with the Pioneer is that once you have the head unit you can upgrade the software when a newer unit comes out.

I do not have the factory backup camera but even if the factory one does not work they are very cheap to buy.
I actually have a 130BT on the way along with the dash kit.

Where can I find this harness you speak of? I've been told by many installers that a 5.1 amp is necessary...???

Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by jeduardoz
I actually have a 130BT on the way along with the dash kit.

Where can I find this harness you speak of? I've been told by many installers that a 5.1 amp is necessary...???
Nav tv for around $500 but i had problems with the bose amp. I'm guessing thats why they are telling you to get the amp. I ended up replacing the speakers and going two amps. So to sum it up i replaced everything.