Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS Lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Hayri is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
We would be happy to ship internationally. The installation is very straight forward and the system comes with step-by-step, easy to follow instructions.
Thanks for the reply, when I think about that I used to live in Pompano Beach on N.E. 10th Terr probably just minutes from your company. Oh well doesn't matter as long as you can ship, which you offered to do.
I do have one more question, I did check your website but did not find the info, how do you adjust the amount of lowering? I understand that I can turn it on and off, but how to I select how much lower I want to go? For example if I want to lower it 35mm. Also is it possible to lower the front say 30mm and the rear 40mm, or does it have to be the same amount?

Old 10-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hayri
Thanks for the reply, when I think about that I used to live in Pompano Beach on N.E. 10th Terr probably just minutes from your company. Oh well doesn't matter as long as you can ship, which you offered to do.
I do have one more question, I did check your website but did not find the info, how do you adjust the amount of lowering? I understand that I can turn it on and off, but how to I select how much lower I want to go? For example if I want to lower it 35mm. Also is it possible to lower the front say 30mm and the rear 40mm, or does it have to be the same amount?

Inside the control module there are preset height adjustments. The amounts I listed earlier in the thread are just the maximum lowering amounts. You can choose several heights in between.

As for lowering individually....you have the ability to lower 3 different areas individually:
  • Front Left
  • Front Right
  • Rear (All)
Hope this answers your questions. If not, let me know.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Hi guys, just a quick reminder....to celebrate the launch of our new website, the Cayenne lowering control unit is still on sale here:

http://www.championmotorsport.com/Se...ults.asp?Cat=5

Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 PM
osu s2k is infamous around these parts
The kit looks nice. However this does require some wiring and splicing FYI for us diy errs.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by osu s2k
The kit looks nice. However this does require some wiring and splicing FYI for us diy errs.
Yes it does. However, we ship the module with a very detailed instruction sheet with a diagram showing exactly how to wire it. If you have even the most basic wiring experience, it should be a breeze.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Get 'em while they're hot guys! Sale price is going to be ending today...

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...cmslcu955t.htm

Old 11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
A couple of questions.....

- If you do the install yourself, does the dealer need to reprogram anything once your DIY install is complete? The TechArt module requires some form of an ECU flash post install.

- Does the Champion module lower the Loading Height Level as well? Is your first picture of the GTS in the lowered Loading Height Level (lowest level) or is the GTS in the Lower Level (second lowest setting). The Lower Level is the lowest setting for driving.

- Does the Champion module automatically lower the Cayenne to the Loading Height when the doors are locked…..like the TechArt module does?

- Where is the Bypass Switch located, on the module itself, or do you need to mount something near the driver’s position? A remote switch is convenient, but requires more wiring.

- How is the OEM ride quality affected, especially in the Lowest Driving Level? The Lowest Driving Level in your first picture is quite low, and could yield a very “bumpy” ride….even in Comfort Mode.

- Does the Champion module affect the warranty?

Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Polar993
A couple of questions.....

- If you do the install yourself, does the dealer need to reprogram anything once your DIY install is complete? The TechArt module requires some form of an ECU flash post install.

--> No. As long as you complete the entire install with the key OFF (no power) and all wires are connected correctly, there's no need for a trip to the dealer at all.

- Does the Champion module lower the Loading Height Level as well? Is your first picture of the GTS in the lowered Loading Height Level (lowest level) or is the GTS in the Lower Level (second lowest setting). The Lower Level is the lowest setting for driving.

--> Yes. The first picture in my original post is of the vehicle in the lowest driving height. But, loading level will not be too much lower then this height.

- Does the Champion module automatically lower the Cayenne to the Loading Height when the doors are locked…..like the TechArt module does?

--> No. It simply reprogram the height of the factory presets, but does not change the functionality.

- Where is the Bypass Switch located, on the module itself, or do you need to mount something near the driver’s position? A remote switch is convenient, but requires more wiring.

--> The bypass switch is inside the module itself.

- How is the OEM ride quality affected, especially in the Lowest Driving Level? The Lowest Driving Level in your first picture is quite low, and could yield a very “bumpy” ride….even in Comfort Mode.

--> Ride quality is effected very little. Of course, with less air in the bags, the ride will be a bit firmer, but when we programmed the module, we tested several different heights to insure that we kept the ride quality compliant.

- Does the Champion module affect the warranty?

--> Technically yes, but it depends on the dealership that services your particular car. If you bypass the module, theoretically no one would know it's there unless they look for it. We programmed the bypass specifically for this reason, so that dealers could diagnose issues without automatically blaming them on the module. Also, you don't need to uninstall it to have the vehicle serviced.
See my answers in red above.