Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Cayenne S Arrived & Brief Personal Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:09 AM
03LX470 is infamous around these parts
New Cayenne S Arrived & Brief Personal Review

Having briefly owned a Panamera, many things about the Cayenne, especially interior, seemed like a copy cat to me - not the real stuff. So I kept going back & forth to the showroom several times to convince myself to either love the Cayenne & buy it OR hate the Cayenne and just forget about it.

What I hate about the Cayenne:

1. The speedometer canopy looks odd. More visible in light interiors like Grey & Beige.

2. The beige interior, called Luxor Beige, is light shade & seems very cheap in person. I sat several times in a car in my original ordered color combo - Black with Beige - and I just couldnt "feel" it. The Havana / Sand Beige color in the old Cayenne was very luxurious & upmarket.

3. The tail lights. A couple of times a Hyundai Santfe passed by me on the road & I thought it was a Cayenne! This could change with time of course.

4. The compass display on the dash - it should've been the Sports Chrono Package. But in the Cayenne its just a compass.

5. No PDK transmission

What I love about the Cayenne:

1. The full leather platinum grey & black interiors (first time i consciously liked these color - having always been a beige person).

2. The 20" RS Spyder Wheels & the 21" Turbo wheels

3. The smooth shifting transmission & power delivery

4. The new navigation. No other brand comes close

5. The gym treatment - yes it's lost a lot of weight compared to the older one

So I end up getting an almost fully loaded Meteor Grey with Full Leather Black interior & Turbo wheels

Attached Images   
Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats! Nice write-up. I am not getting beige either. Let's see some interior pics!

PS. Don't forget to vote in my poll

Old 06-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on new Hyundai....................Oops, I meant new Cayenne.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:06 PM
big crepe money is infamous around these parts
Looks good. I really like the Meteor Gray. More thoughts and pics when you get a chance.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 PM
dubai_m5 is infamous around these parts
congrats bro lovely car mashalla from dubai also i am getting mine on august inshalla black/beige full options with turbo wheels how does it feel and yea does it sound like the old cayenne s or different ;P

Old 06-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
i thought of the renault koleos

Old 06-27-2010, 07:15 PM
kerby is infamous around these parts
those tailights are despicable but like you said eventually it'll grow on me.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Tyang5 is infamous around these parts
Congrats man!! If thats a turbo will be better lol

Old 06-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Drive the car for a few days and you'll forget everything about the looks. Very simple

People made a lot of comments when the new Merc E Class and the new Land Cruiser were introduced. And this tends to happen as people are resistant to change.

I was also considering a 2009 Turbo S for almost the same price as 2011 Cayenne S, until my friend said this to me, "the old shape is history. period." In a few months everyone will get used to the new shape and this will be the new measuring rod.

I didnt agree at first. But in the end, I want to live in the present, not the past. And every time I drive the Cayenne. I am glad I made this choice

Attached Images     
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by dubai_m5
congrats bro lovely car mashalla from dubai also i am getting mine on august inshalla black/beige full options with turbo wheels how does it feel and yea does it sound like the old cayenne s or different ;P
Thanks

Much improved. Seats, brakes, acceleration and cabin insulation - all improved. The power delivery is smooth and the S is almost as quick as the previous turbo IMO.

If you got July production and didnt order the PDCC, then you still have a couple of days to add it. The only things I'm missing in my car is PDCC (but I experienced it on the demo test drive). I also have the Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) but haven't had the car long enough to experience or comment on it.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:29 AM
me 2 the only thing missing PDCC beside the panorama and sport exhaust its really not worth it to wait till November for a panoramic roof and sport exhaust but the guy told me that we can install the 4 exhaust tips in the future ,, does the PDCC really worth 10k ,,and from Ur experience any big difference considering that the dealer full full options cayenne S doesn't have PDCC except if u ordered it and glad to hear all that stuff about the new cayenne cant wait

Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by dubai_m5
me 2 the only thing missing PDCC beside the panorama and sport exhaust its really not worth it to wait till November for a panoramic roof and sport exhaust but the guy told me that we can install the 4 exhaust tips in the future ,, does the PDCC really worth 10k ,,and from Ur experience any big difference considering that the dealer full full options cayenne S doesn't have PDCC except if u ordered it and glad to hear all that stuff about the new cayenne cant wait
Sports exhaust can always be added later - not necessary imo

Panoramic roof - something that should absolutely be avoided based on our climatic conditions - we can perhaps open it a couple of times a year in a cloudy weather but most of the time the heat & light coming through the glass roof will give a migraine

PDCC - i think its a must - believe me if you drive the new Cayenne with PDCC, you will not enjoy driving one without it. But first check if your order can be changed. If it's too late, don't bother test driving one with PDCC

Best wishes

Old 06-28-2010, 02:56 PM
i agree with you about the panoramic roof especially my car will be black so it wont be even noticed about the PDCC i guess not because i didn't order the car by myself the car was ready from the dealer but as i told its full options except for the PDCC is it possible to add this option if the car was not yet in production ? i will contact them tom i will see inshalla and thanks

Old 07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
biggest disappoint is PDK. whats the shift time in manual mode for new cayennes?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
that is just mean

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Congrats on new Hyundai....................Oops, I meant new Cayenne.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne S Arrived & Brief Personal Review