Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

This is HOW I lowered my Cayenne Turbo for Less than $125 ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
This is HOW I lowered my Cayenne Turbo for Less than $125 ...

Hi Folks,

I've been running this setup for 1 year now and I am ready to share the result. My suv is an 04 CTT that has Air suspension and ride quality control (normal, sport, comfort). I hope you will like it...

The trick to lower the cayenne is quite simple. It can be resumed in one phrase. All you need to do is to go to the dealer (if they are mods friendly) and ask the tech to rewrite the cayenne height value in the suv computer. What this does, is let say, the normal height of the cayenne is set at 250mm (guessing a numer here), well, the tech needs to reprogram this number to a lower setting, something like 225mm. What this does is it will trick the ecu (sort of) and telling it that the truck normal height is 25mm lower than the oem settings. This will set the suv standing to a lower point immediately.

Once you lower the cayenne suspension to Low, it will be 25mm lower than the oem settings.

The con about this is if you want to go higher, you will always be 25mm lower than the oem maximum elevation level. For a year now and have not found other real negative things to this.

It took my service dept 40 minutes to do the thing, it can be done easily in 1 hours and you will need to realign the camber if you want, or do a full alignment.

All the ride quality settings are working perfectly as well as the height control.

So for $125 roughly, you can have a lowered cayenne Might not be as good (and I don't know why) as the $2000 module, but this will save you a lot of money....

Please perform this mods at your own risk, I cannot guarantee results will be the same for all suv, but it worked flawlessly for me for a year now...

Cheers
Bo

Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Gfunk is infamous around these parts
I've have had mine lowered with lowering links found here http://www.adjustableairride.com/ .
I think I only paid like $250 for them when I bought them, billet aluminum fully adjustable pieces. My car is slammed as low as the car will go without the computer freaking out.

Ive had them installed since the car got to my garage when new, I installed them in less than an hour. I prefer them to the $2000 modules, my kit gives me the adjustability of coil overs for less than $300.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-03-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non sponsor site
Old 07-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Banned
Haystack615 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mz3bo
Hi Folks,

I've been running this setup for 1 year now and I am ready to share the result. My suv is an 04 CTT that has Air suspension and ride quality control (normal, sport, comfort). I hope you will like it...

The trick to lower the cayenne is quite simple. It can be resumed in one phrase. All you need to do is to go to the dealer (if they are mods friendly) and ask the tech to rewrite the cayenne height value in the suv computer. What this does, is let say, the normal height of the cayenne is set at 250mm (guessing a numer here), well, the tech needs to reprogram this number to a lower setting, something like 225mm. What this does is it will trick the ecu (sort of) and telling it that the truck normal height is 25mm lower than the oem settings. This will set the suv standing to a lower point immediately.

Once you lower the cayenne suspension to Low, it will be 25mm lower than the oem settings.

The con about this is if you want to go higher, you will always be 25mm lower than the oem maximum elevation level. For a year now and have not found other real negative things to this.

It took my service dept 40 minutes to do the thing, it can be done easily in 1 hours and you will need to realign the camber if you want, or do a full alignment.

All the ride quality settings are working perfectly as well as the height control.

So for $125 roughly, you can have a lowered cayenne Might not be as good (and I don't know why) as the $2000 module, but this will save you a lot of money....

Please perform this mods at your own risk, I cannot guarantee results will be the same for all suv, but it worked flawlessly for me for a year now...

Cheers
Bo
Is the ride quality better than aftermarket lowering? i really wana lower my pepper.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
You are still very limited with lowering your Cayenne this way. You can get a max of 20mm - 25mm of lowering out of your vehicle depending on the model year.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 PM
yoojeankim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mz3bo
Hi Folks,

Cheers
Bo
has anyone else done this?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
You are still very limited with lowering your Cayenne this way. You can get a max of 20mm - 25mm of lowering out of your vehicle depending on the model year.
Hi,

What do you mean by limited ? We tried many configuration and you can lower to any level as you wish. At a certain point, the lever Led just kept flashing since it cannot find it's way down. But let me tell you, I was able to get the truck as low as "wheels in the fender" style.. I doubt you want to go lower...

Cheers
bo

Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
mz3bo - that is an amazing little mod idea -

Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wonder if you cooed do this with the durametric scan tool? Any Idea which programming block it is?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
I know about this trick in the VW and Audi worlds as you can reprogram them with the Vag-Com. Unfortunately the Durametric software does not allow that kind of recoding. I really wish the Vag-Com guys would start supporting Porsche!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:31 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Benz guys have been doing this for years with the STAR computer. Nice job!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Brentis is infamous around these parts
Mis-information from the guy saying you can only lower max of 25mm. My ride links definitely let me adjust the link length by 2cm which equates to about 50mm in height = about 2 inches. Got mine for ~$170.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
OneFastBeast is infamous around these parts
I got a Q7, hope do to the same.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:42 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
Interesting idea. Post photos of your lowwww.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
yoojeankim is infamous around these parts
bump! anyone try this yet? next time I get an oil change, I was going to ask one of the mechanics.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:49 PM
medtech is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brentis
Mis-information from the guy saying you can only lower max of 25mm. My ride links definitely let me adjust the link length by 2cm which equates to about 50mm in height = about 2 inches. Got mine for ~$170.
FYI 2cm = 20mm.

Last edited by medtech; 07-14-2010 at 12:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This is HOW I lowered my Cayenne Turbo for Less than $125 ...