Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Climate Control Delay!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Climate Control Delay!!!!!!!!!

I just purchased a 2004 Cayenne S with auto climate control and I seem to be having an issue. When I start the car, it takes around 60-90 seconds before any air blows out of the air vents. Here in Texas the temperature is getting close to 100 mid-day and my black Cayenne gets super hot inside. I have tried the settings on auto and manual mode and tried different temps too and nothing works. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:09 AM
nelsonmx is infamous around these parts
My 2004 S does exactly the same thing. I'm not sure why the delay, but I expect it is the time it takes to power up the system and verify servo position etc. etc.. More annoying with mine is when the fan doesn't start because the speed selection goes to off.....but this is usually when I select between Auto and Econo, so it may be normal....Other than that my system works great and cools very quickly....which is good as we've been having a real hot summer so far!!
Bob

Old 07-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Marc Gelefsky is just really niceMarc Gelefsky is just really niceMarc Gelefsky is just really niceMarc Gelefsky is just really nice
Seems more like 30 seconds to me

Old 07-18-2010, 07:47 PM
nelsonmx is infamous around these parts
Yes I agree Marc, 30 seconds is about right with mine as well!!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Well I guess something is wrong with mine so I am going to have to take it in to the dealer because it definitely takes longer than 30 seconds. I will have to time it to be sure. When I look at the fan indicator it starts at minimal position and builds to the highest position but no air comes out for a long time. I can get about a mile from my house before it kicks on. But weirdly it randomly selects to operate like I would think it should after having the car off for a short period of time like if I run into the grocery store and then start it back up it will start blowing within a few seconds. Of course I just purchased this car from Carmax with only 23,000 miles and they act like it is supposed to do this. I don't think so. Its like 500 degrees in this car when it sits in the sun and it wont start the A/C for like two or three minutes of driving and meanwhile the family is dieing!! NOT COOL!!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:06 PM
OK so I timed it twice today with a stopwatch and the delay comes out to 2 minutes and 5 seconds each time. This SUCKS!! Gonna call the dealer tomorrow.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
UPDATE: Took the car back to CarMax for service and they said the fan speed controller was bad. They replaced the unit after having to wait a week for the part to come in and the guy said that it worked fine. Drove an hour to come pick it up and guess what? Same thing happened, 2 minutes 5 seconds and boom the air blows. Service guy said, well it was working a minute ago guess we will have to contact Porsche and see what they recommend. SUPER !! Still havent heard back from them almost two months. Tried calling them and the guy we were dealing with wasn't there at the time and he never called back. Gonna try to bring it in to Porsche in a few weeks. I hope the MaxCare warranty covers this, I hate to argue about stupid stuff like this!!

Old 09-30-2010, 01:33 PM
mthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the rough
this may be limited to a 997 or 996 but when you switch the unit on and its on its lowest fan speed can you hear a "gurgling" kind of sound on the passenger side. It sounds kind of like you have water in the vents or something. If yes this is a climate control vent flap that has gone bad (or rather the sensor that tells it to open or close has failed) I had this with my 997. I explained it to the dealer and the mechanic immediately new what it was. He sat in the car for a second and said it that thing

Service bill says it was the heater servo motor

Old 09-30-2010, 03:49 PM
I can only hope that this is the problem and that it would be that easy to diagnose at the stealership. Unfortunately I dont hear any sound at all and the A/C fans under the hood for the radiator dont even kick on until the blower motor turns on too inside. I'm wondering if there is a computer that controls when the system kicks on, maybe the program needs to be modified. IDK, but its really annoying considering the car only had like 27,000 miles on it when I bought it and very embarassing when I have people ride with me sweating it out. SUCKS!!

Old 10-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Update:

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

So I brought the car into Porsche and within 10 seconds the service manager was able to pinpoint the problem. As soon as he started my Cayenne he said, "You know you need a new battery right?". Uh no I replied. Since I bought the car from Carmax it has displayed a picture of a battery on the gauge display along with start engine. I just thought that meant that the battery was being used to start the engine. Usually when something is wrong with the car it displays a note and then keeps the "!" light on, in this case it didn't, it just went to the normal "everything is fine" screen after the motor was started. So not wanting to pay the $600 cost from Porsche to change the battery out, I told the service manager I would do it myself. I then purchased a new Interstate battery and in an hour, I had it installed and ready to rock. Started the motor, no more battery picture and viola the A/C began blowing in about 5 seconds. SWEET!!!! I'm so happy, and so is my pregnant wife!! Well except the part that Carmax screwed me and couldn't figure out what the problem was. Lesson learned. DON'T BUY A CAR OR TUCK OR ANYTHING FROM CARMAX!!!!!!!!