Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Haters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
LOL... this reminds me of that one time some kid on a bicycle went by me in my fully modded 996 while stuck in traffic (Santa Cruz CA on Beach St) and yells out "its just an overpriced Volkswagen!"... classic

I would just share the video above (Cayenne vs 911) and call it a day.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:23 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Funny, everybody that rides with me in my CTT has to ask, isn't this considered a woman's car? So I turn off the PSM button and check that the coast is all clear, floor it in reverse - slam on the brakes and floor it to the parking lot turn out, stop as fast a possible, floor it around onto roadway, (mean time they are trying to buckle as quick as they can) take tight quick turns, lane change quick enough where there head slams the passenger window and then say "what was your question again"? I tell them I also own a modified 996TT but for my DD this is just as fun! Let the people say what they want, enjoy what you have! Everybody drives there own and swears it's the best out there.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
First month of CTTS ownership I smoked a 996TT on the freeway, I had four passengers and he was alone... LOL... Every time this guy would get close I would walk away...

Just incredible amount of HP once it's up and running....

-Eli

Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
this is just a car forum, you come in here to have fun.

who cares if someone doesn't agree with you, or hates what you drive.

enjoy what you have and be happy.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:03 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ///M*Hershey
My wife just got a a pre-owned '09 Cayenne. I drove it out to a local car meet & some kid asks me, "This meet is supposed to be for sports cars. You need to research more on your next purchase- you just bought a VW Touareg on steroids. Why do that?"
geez
The things I wanted to say back!!
Well, what's he driving?!?!?

Originally Posted by Reborn996
LOL... this reminds me of that one time some kid on a bicycle went by me in my fully modded 996 while stuck in traffic (Santa Cruz CA on Beach St) and yells out "its just an overpriced Volkswagen!"... classic
Your "overpriced volkswagen" is still way better than his "bicycle".

Old 07-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
most Cayenne, Panamera haters don't even own a porsche....

Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 PM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ///M*Hershey
My wife just got a a pre-owned '09 Cayenne. I drove it out to a local car meet & some kid asks me, "This meet is supposed to be for sports cars. You need to research more on your next purchase- you just bought a VW Touareg on steroids. Why do that?"
geez
The things I wanted to say back!!
That kid was cooooolllldddd blooooooooded...

Last edited by 1SICKLEX; 07-23-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Aside from being a beautiful SUV that performs better than 95% (maybe more) of the sports cars out there, Porsche would not be able to do the exciting things they are currently doing with the 911 and Cayman if they had not built the Cayenne, and now the Panamera. As long as Porsche remains true to it's ideals, I don't care if they build a pick-up truck.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Cayennez1 is infamous around these parts
let da haterz hate n drivers simply drive.. cayenne is a cayenne, gotto own one to live n feel da true porsche suv experience ; D

Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Mq1PredatorMC is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Nice audio equiptment there btw ...how could he slam your Von S's? Yeah I have a buddy that I hang out with that has an SS and brags about his 'Chevvy' pushing past 635ci's, M5's (i doubt this one) and Mustangs...tells me I should have held out on an SS and saved some $$ and got all the speed I needed. Well after riding with him a few times to lunch, I'm not sorry I purchased an 05 CS..not at all. It's quick but sloppy, wobbly, and basically all engine and not much substance --if thats the right word to describe it. All in all it's just 'OK' in my book. As a side note anyone else get challenges from SS's BTW?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Mq1PredatorMC is infamous around these parts
2muchtime ---your post had my 'really' LOL'ing... .

Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 PM
x014003 is infamous around these parts
So what

Most people that dislike the Cayenne haven't driven one.

I used to have similar thoughts, thought the Cayenne was a grocery wagon, etc. Naturally I was driving a G500 at the time (what a tank, but that's another story). Had my boxster S in for a low mileage service at the dealer, and they gave me a 2009 Cayenne 6cyl as a loaner for the day. I was extremely impressed with the handling, comfort, and performance, especially after driving the G wagon every day for 2 years. When the G was ready to fall out of warranty I traded it in (and took a bath on the price) for a barely used 2006 Cayenne S Titanium that was in perfect condition with low miles.

BTW, I've got Von Schweikerts as well, but using an Air Tight amp, not the great Lamms that you're using...

Old 08-20-2010, 01:01 AM
dimf is infamous around these parts
Nice audio equiptment there btw
thanks!

BTW, I've got Von Schweikerts as well, but using an Air Tight amp, not the great Lamms that you're using...
nice, I like Von Schweikert speakers. Funny thing - the guy I was referring to on my original post started criticizing the $140k/per pair Lamm ML3 amps when he hasn't heard any Lamm equipment before. I highly doubt this guy ever driven a Cayenne before, or even the 928 he is claiming he owns.

Aqua hobby and audio hobby kept me poor for a while first time I brought up the idea of buying a Porsche, my wife said "go ahead, sell your arowanas and buy your car".

Old 08-31-2010, 01:39 AM
AD1
AD1 is infamous around these parts
heater

Old 08-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Bigbuzuki is infamous around these parts
It is always better to have people envy you than pity you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Haters