Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Haters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 PM
dimf is infamous around these parts
Cayenne Haters

how do you deal with Cayenne haters?

here's a post by a guy who hates everything that I have. I've met him in an audio forum and had been targeting the brands that I have in my audio system (Lamm, Von Schweikert, Nova Physics Memory Player). I think this guy found out from a friend (through Facebook) that I drive a Cayenne. And here's what he said ( people were discussing about EMT turntables and he tried really hard to insert his thought)

I used to race and have owned various older Porsche 911 models. In some respects they were elegantly simple but very well engineered. I really love the sound and sense of a Porsche air cooled motor with mechanical fuel injection, but in reality, the newer Porsches are technically better. Along the same lines as Chester is talking, to me the newer Porsches and truck like vehicles lose something and are more like mainstream vehicles posing as something special. I own a 1973 Porsche 911S Targa that I built up with a 2.7 litre twin ignition mechanical injection motor. It is so much fun to drive; light, nimble, powerful and visceral. To me, the new water cooled line and plebian Suburban Assault Vehicles are just not real Porsches.
when the Cayenne came out, or was about to come out, I've read many Porschephiles were strongly against the idea of a Porsche SUV - but I thought the sentiment has changed because the Cayenne is actually not that bad of a Porsche.

how do you react to these people?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:07 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
A Porsche is a Porsche when it is developed/co-developed by Porsche, produced by Porsche, sold by a Porsche dealer, and wearing a Porsche badge.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:11 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
I have found one of the biggest haters of all to be a moderator on another Porsche enthusiast forum. He also has never owned a Cayenne. And talks down to all who have purchased one. I have since stopped posting on said forum, and drive my Cayenne everday, and enjoy it.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
who cares i let him hate.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
I've owned 2 Cayennes and don't really see anything wrong with his statement. You didn't buy a Cayenne to be a sports car and I've never seen one on a track (altho i'm sure some have brought them out to the track). There are a number of "classic" porsche enthusiasts, many on this board that will ***** about the feel of a 997 GT3... they make good points and it's pointless to argue with them. You have an SUV, one that hauls grocery, take road trips in, and drives more like a sport sedan than a 5000 lb truck. It's the truth... and shouldn't be compared to air cooled sports cars in the first place.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
I have found one of the biggest haters of all to be a moderator on another Porsche enthusiast forum. He also has never owned a Cayenne. And talks down to all who have purchased one. I have since stopped posting on said forum, and drive my Cayenne everday, and enjoy it.
. Yeah, really annoying.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
haters gonna hate.

on a side note my 6500 lb ctt smoked an older vette today lol

Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
this is just a car forum, you come in here to have fun.

who cares if someone doesn't agree with you, or hates what you drive.

enjoy what you have and be happy.

Last edited by Targa Tim; 07-19-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
this is just a car forum, you come in here to have fun.

who cares if someone doesn't agree with you, or hates what you drive.

enjoy what you have and be happy.
amen to that...

Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
don't react to it. it's his opinion and why should you care. this is not a math classroom in high school. enjoy your car/truck...

Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dimf
when the Cayenne came out, or was about to come out, I've read many Porschephiles were strongly against the idea of a Porsche SUV - but I thought the sentiment has changed because the Cayenne is actually not that bad of a Porsche.

how do you react to these people
?
I break out my GT2 and whip out a 2:35 at Road America.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:08 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dimf

how do you react to these people
?
I take a leisurely drive to Road America and whip out a 2:45.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Coreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really nice
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYZart5XXUo

I like the new cayenne even more, though a new Transsiberia edition needs to come out

Old 07-20-2010, 03:49 AM
///M*Hershey is infamous around these parts///M*Hershey is infamous around these parts
My wife just got a a pre-owned '09 Cayenne. I drove it out to a local car meet & some kid asks me, "This meet is supposed to be for sports cars. You need to research more on your next purchase- you just bought a VW Touareg on steroids. Why do that?"
geez
The things I wanted to say back!!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by cuemaster
haters gonna hate.

on a side note my 6500 lb ctt smoked an older vette today lol

Curb weight is about 5,200 lbs roughy unless you have added almost an entire extra car worth of stereo equipment

If you look at the sticker in the drivers door pillar it will read "GVWR" Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. This is the total weight the vehicle is supposed to be able to carry with passengers, and cargo. Mine reads 6,719. So designed to carry 5 people and their gear and/or trailer tounge weight.

Last edited by Cole; 07-20-2010 at 06:42 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Haters