Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Who has a "Turbo S" that would be willing to take a few measurements? (or let me)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
....and FWIW this was my last project. It would run the pants off a CTTS.(and it cost me less).

I'm not afriad to mod a little in the right spots.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Brentis is infamous around these parts
I guess the powerkit is showing 500hp and the turbo s is showing 521hp. Actually to replace the intercoolers with new piping is cheaper. About $3400 installed. Labor is only 4hrs.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
Cole,

I had a 996 TT X50 (50 more horsepower) than the reg turbo. And the turbos were the same as the GT2, but different from the reg turbo with only a 50hp gain.

SO the turbo s might have diff turbos.

I am interested in what you find out.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Bigbuzuki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cole
....and FWIW this was my last project. It would run the pants off a CTTS.(and it cost me less).

I'm not afriad to mod a little in the right spots.
What are the power and torque figures for that engine Cole?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bigbuzuki
What are the power and torque figures for that engine Cole?
It was roughly 500hp/600tq at the crank.(since we are all talking crank numbers here with the ctt, ctts)

It was in a much lighter Audi S4.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:13 AM
madburg is infamous around these parts
I am not aware of any difference in the turbos in the CTTS versus a CTT, at least I have never found anything that stated so. The CTTS beefed up particular components and dropped in the "S" badging on some parts. But my understanding is what is in the ECU, is what gets the numbers that it puts out BUT still maintains the same mpgs as the CTT. That’s some serious engineering, not bolt on parts. So even if you upgrade all the parts and tuned the ECU on a CTT, a CTTS with just an ECU tune would still come up ahead in numbers. Some people do even care over a few HP here and there. But the facts are what they are. NO one will be able to get you the CTTS program and program your CTT with it.

On a second point, it sounds like you are willing to do such swap out work yourself Cole, but most people would not. So parts and labor to bring a CTT to CTTS upgrade parts it alot, and if one though it through they would just purchase the CTTS. Also the CTTS has at least one paint color that is not available in the CTT, that could sway a person as well.

Not to push your buttons, but no matter what you attempt to do to your CTT it will never have larger numbers on paper than a CTTS (period)

If you want to show motors from other cars that cost you cheaper and faster, etc.. why bother buying the pig? I know why I both my, and it was not because it’s the fast production SUV at the time, even thought that’s cool too.

I have a race bike that will blow anything on 4 wheels you have out the water and much cheaper, but that's apples and oranges. So your picture of another cars motor... come on.

It seems you like to push the envelope on your cars, so if you want a project, buy a EVOMS or TechArt kit, it replaces headers, turbo's, primary cats, full exhaust, ecu tune. They get you crazy HP/numbers. You will have a CTT very few have. P.S. it sounds like a moving thunderstorm, wicked. But I don’t think you will like the price, even if you are willing to do the labor yourself. So that leaves you with the CTT you have J teasing you now at this point. Good luck, and all the best on your project.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Your gaaaaaaaaay
Originally Posted by madburg
I am not aware of any difference in the turbos in the CTTS versus a CTT, at least I have never found anything that stated so. The CTTS beefed up particular components and dropped in the "S" badging on some parts. But my understanding is what is in the ECU, is what gets the numbers that it puts out BUT still maintains the same mpgs as the CTT. That’s some serious engineering, not bolt on parts. So even if you upgrade all the parts and tuned the ECU on a CTT, a CTTS with just an ECU tune would still come up ahead in numbers. Some people do even care over a few HP here and there. But the facts are what they are. NO one will be able to get you the CTTS program and program your CTT with it.

On a second point, it sounds like you are willing to do such swap out work yourself Cole, but most people would not. So parts and labor to bring a CTT to CTTS upgrade parts it alot, and if one though it through they would just purchase the CTTS. Also the CTTS has at least one paint color that is not available in the CTT, that could sway a person as well.

Not to push your buttons, but no matter what you attempt to do to your CTT it will never have larger numbers on paper than a CTTS (period)

If you want to show motors from other cars that cost you cheaper and faster, etc.. why bother buying the pig? I know why I both my, and it was not because it’s the fast production SUV at the time, even thought that’s cool too.

I have a race bike that will blow anything on 4 wheels you have out the water and much cheaper, but that's apples and oranges. So your picture of another cars motor... come on.

It seems you like to push the envelope on your cars, so if you want a project, buy a EVOMS or TechArt kit, it replaces headers, turbo's, primary cats, full exhaust, ecu tune. They get you crazy HP/numbers. You will have a CTT very few have. P.S. it sounds like a moving thunderstorm, wicked. But I don’t think you will like the price, even if you are willing to do the labor yourself. So that leaves you with the CTT you have J teasing you now at this point. Good luck, and all the best on your project.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:15 AM
madburg is infamous around these parts
Lol

Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I am not aware of any difference in the turbos in the CTTS versus a CTT, ....
If the hardware is the same, the same numbers can be reached.

But my understanding is what is in the ECU, is what gets the numbers that it puts out BUT still maintains the same mpgs as the CTT.
Of course it gets the same MPG. They don't test mpg at WOT!! Driving around town and on the highway under normal throttle will produce the same level of boost, and therefore the same mpg under normal load. The only place they are different is when the throttle is pinned to the floor.

So even if you upgrade all the parts and tuned the ECU on a CTT, a CTTS with just an ECU tune would still come up ahead in numbers.
Simply not true. The ONLY reason a CTTS can hit higher number with a "chip" is because it has the supporting intercoolers to do it. Put the equal hardware (in this case intercoolers) on a CTT and you can run the same boost and fuel levels and acheive the same thing.

Have YOU ever actually built a boosted car?

That is what we are talking about here right? Building a USED car?!!

I got the paint color I wanted so who cares if there is one out there I couldn't get on a CTT?

What I see here is that the Cayenne, CS and CTT are now depreciated enough that REAL enthusiasts can get ahold of them and BUILD fun rigs, not just pay for the latest and greatest.

Which means that if I can figure out some of the little quirks like CTTS control arms that can be had for the same price as regular control arms then it will benefit future DIY enthusiasts.

Quoted just for the shear false hood it holds. There is a local 04 CTT here with around 800hp. (Built 9ff 5.0L block, but still, its not a CTTS) I will see if I can find the link. I has been for sale up in Glenwood Springs, Co if anyone wants to look for it.

If you want to show motors from other cars that cost you cheaper and faster, etc.. why bother buying the pig?
It was to show that I have some experience building boosted German motors. I had fun with that car for 165K miles and I want a Cayenne to serve as a tow/dog hauler/fun rig.

It was also to show that with some skill you can build some nice stuff without just going out to buy a CTTS. The Audi S4 was a VERY similar build from the stand point that we used much of the RS4 parts to build a better/faster motor. For reference. The stock S4 was 250hp. A stock RS4 is 380HP. My S4 with many RS4 or better components was 500hp (and I should point out was daily driven for 165K miles before I sold it).

This is very similar to what you are trying to say can't be done.
I have a race bike that will blow anything on 4 wheels you have out the water and much cheaper,
Sweet. Good for you. I also have an R1, SV650 and Custom from the bolts up Speed Triple. I didn't bring those into the conversation because I was not talking about just a raw speed comparison. That would have been silly.

It seems you like to push the envelope on your cars, so if you want a project, buy a EVOMS or TechArt kit, it replaces headers, turbo's, primary cats, full exhaust, ecu tune. They get you crazy HP/numbers.
Their "kits" cost more than I paid for my CTT.....and more than I will pay to do what I want to do. Maybe you like to just toss money at stuff, and that is fine. I don't. I like the building and problem solving of a "project". Buying someone elses kit and having someone install it is not much of a "project" in my mind.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !

Quoted just for the shear false hood it holds. There is a local 04 CTT here with around 800hp. (Built 9ff 5.0L block, but still, its not a CTTS) I will see if I can find the link. I has been for sale up in Glenwood Springs, Co if anyone wants to look for it.
That car is in fact a 2006 Turbo S converted by 9ff in Germany. It is NOWHERE near 800hp, it feels no faster than a 2008 Cayenne turbo, maybe a 2009 Turbo S stock at the very most. There however a 2004 Cayenne turbo locally that is pushing nearer the 800 mark, but it is built by EVO, and has been EXTREMELY reliable, something I cannot say for the 9ff. If you talk to him, ask him if the check engine light is still on.....

Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
That car is in fact a 2006 Turbo S converted by 9ff in Germany. It is NOWHERE near 800hp, it feels no faster than a 2008 Cayenne turbo, maybe a 2009 Turbo S stock at the very most. There however a 2004 Cayenne turbo locally that is pushing nearer the 800 mark, but it is built by EVO, and has been EXTREMELY reliable, something I cannot say for the 9ff. If you talk to him, ask him if the check engine light is still on.....

I will see if I can find the link. I 'm pretty sure the one I am thinking of is was listed as a 2004.

Edit: You're right. I found an old listing of it as on 06 with 725hp and as a Turbo S. (Which really does not matter since the software would have changed anyway.)

Last edited by Cole; 07-29-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:53 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
I will see if I can find the link. I 'm pretty sure the one I am thinking of is was listed as a 2004.
Oh ok, could be a listing error. I can confirm it is a 2006 Turbo S, as it was previously listed for sale by a local dealer downtown that sells other higher end cars, the same place that was featured on an episode of Supercars Exposed, where the silver Carrera GT was driven. It was also on Ebay for a while by them, with a buy it now of near $165,000. Take the 1 off the front of that price and it's still too much.

Link to 2006 Cayenne turbo with 9ff conversion:
http://www.thegallerydenver.com/inde...&detailid=1497

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 07-31-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: link
Old 07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I saw it listed a few times. Once for $80k, then for the $165, then for I think $125.

While it was a cool build. There is no reason to buy that one when you could buy a brand new one for the same money with close to the same power and a warranty.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Cool

.....So. Since you are in the thread now PorscheSpeedDemon.

For the money you paid for your 04 Turbo. Would you sell it and buy a Turbo S or simply mod your 04 Turbo?

What are your thoughts on ultimate performance capabilities of both?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I saw it listed a few times. Once for $80k, then for the $165, then for I think $125.

While it was a cool build. There is no reason to buy that one when you could buy a brand new one for the same money with close to the same power and a warranty.
Completely agree on the HP per $ factor, I saw too many little things (and some not so little) that spoiled my opinion of that specific car, so I may be a bit harsh on it. I'll let this thread get back on track

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has a "Turbo S" that would be willing to take a few measurements? (or let me)