Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne with tinted headlights/taillights or not??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Cayennez1 is infamous around these parts
Question Cayenne with tinted headlights/taillights or not??

Hey guys,

What do you guys think about a 2008 black Cayenne with Black headlight and tail light tints? Am getting black 22" rims for it and getting the calipers painted maybe in red/yellow still not decided.

I wanted the tail lights tinted but was wondering how it would look if I got the headlights done too? And my expert cayenner's opinion does matter hence the question..

Oh and is it legal to have these tints in VA.. if anyones aware?

Thanks for looking n helping... ; D

Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I think headlight tint is cheesy and better suited on a honda prelude. Tail lights can look ok if done right

Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 AM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
I agree with NOLA. I am not a big fan of blacking out/ tinting headlights.

Let us know what you do, and send some pics maybe you could change our minds.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
I agree with him too with the headlights but was wondering if someone had it done before or not.. beckham's 996 has like blacked out headlights n looks real good. So was wondering how a cayenne would look n if someone had it done before?

I mite just stick to taillights unless I get a phat bodykit which is when I think the headlight tints mite b ok.. but will surely put the pics up once the whole project is done as am getting rims, lowering, calipers done, taillight tints in one go.. so before after photo's would be great i hope : D

Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I am about to do a light-smoke tail light tint on my black 04 CS and I have seen pictures of what it should look like and I am very anxious to get it done. LOOKS SUPER CLEAN!!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:25 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
See if a local tint shop can do it with a flexible film instead of a spray. If it looks good, rock it and if not take it off.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:26 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
As for the headlights, I am going to pull off the plastic lens and paint all the silver innards flat black. I have done this before on my 05 WRX and it looks totally awesome!! Cant wait to see how it will look on the pepper.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by FastHackem
As for the headlights, I am going to pull off the plastic lens and paint all the silver innards flat black. I have done this before on my 05 WRX and it looks totally awesome!! Cant wait to see how it will look on the pepper.
Man that would look great, one of my mates in new zealand did his rex too, we into our subaru's there haha but i agree it looks good if you know how to get the lens out and paint the back. Man do put your pics up when done.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by NOLA911
See if a local tint shop can do it with a flexible film instead of a spray. If it looks good, rock it and if not take it off.
Was trying to find someone here that knows how to do that.. was watching about this flexible film on youtube n order it if the local guys don't have it.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I bought these ones and selected the light tint version. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Taill...Q5fAccessories

They have install videos on their website too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHx6U...embedded#at=18

Im going to take mine to a local titnt shop to have them put em on. I will post pics when its finished.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Cayennez1
Man that would look great, one of my mates in new zealand did his rex too, we into our subaru's there haha but i agree it looks good if you know how to get the lens out and paint the back. Man do put your pics up when done.
Thanks for the props!! I will post pics as soon as I do it. Just a little weary of screwing up the HID leveling system during teardown.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Personally I would say no to the headlights, yes to the taillights. I had my wifes done and they were painted. Here is the only pic I could find but it is hard to tell how much they are smoked - they look a little darker in person.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Holy **** you have some bad rides!! The taillight tint looks clean!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
i have seen a a couple of Cayennes in Houston with blacked out lights. I will see what i can find out from one of them.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by atlshaver
Personally I would say no to the headlights, yes to the taillights. I had my wifes done and they were painted. Here is the only pic I could find but it is hard to tell how much they are smoked - they look a little darker in person.

Thanx for sharing the pics n def u got some mean rides there.. a big thumbs up! : D n yeah I agree the pic is not doing justice there I think n looking dark but not dark enough..but again am not sure on how dark we allowed to have them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne with tinted headlights/taillights or not??