Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I want to buy Cayenne S. I have some questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:57 AM
flyfishing is infamous around these parts
I want to buy Cayenne S. I have some questions...

I drive an Audi S5 and a daily driver car and am interested in replacing my daily driver with a fast SUV.

So I am looking at an Audi Q7 4.2 (or new s/c v6 or TDI for torque) and a used Cayenne S/turbo.

I have never owned a Porsche -- are the Cayenne S' reliable?
Will the turbo typically go out at 100k?
Are there a lot of maintenance or defects/major issues with this car?
Does this drive more like a car?

Any comments or suggestions for me? Any particular year to avoid? (I was thinking 05,06 or newer).

Thanks a lot! I plan to go test drive some soon.

Last edited by flyfishing; 08-03-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
1Need4Speed is infamous around these parts
I have an O4 Cayenne S with GPS and pretty much everything else. My main concern was to have the GPS, sunroof and the V8 motor. I picked it up for 26K with only 40K on the clock. The car was flawless other than a few nicks and dings that my body shop guy can handle. Get the 100 mile warranty which I did thank God...My alternator (or Generator as Porsche calls it) locked up and threw the pulley through the radiator $2000.00 parts list! Warranty covered it
I added Asante front grill's (bling) for some flair, 22x10 silver painted Porsche style GTS wheels with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 305/35/22 tires all around (Tread pattern looks awesome). This thing rides on a rail like my Viper. I also put in K&N filters to help it breathe more and Royal Purple 0W 40 and this thing picked up a few HP and runs awesome There is plenty of power down low with the 4.10/4.11 (whichever) gears from the factory.
This is my daily/work ride and I love it, thought about the Turbo version but I have a twin turbo Viper so who cares...Gas mileage isn't excellent but the ride is what I care about. Corners like a Porsche, smooth as glass on the highways and plenty of power to have fun with. 2004-2006 is pretty much the same just be picky about the options that you want since there are plenty out there to choose from. Good luck!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyfishing
I drive an Audi S5 and a daily driver car and am interested in replacing my daily driver with a fast SUV.

So I am looking at an Audi Q7 4.2 (or new s/c v6 or TDI for torque) and a used Cayenne S/turbo.

I have never owned a Porsche -- are the Cayenne S' reliable?
Will the turbo typically go out at 100k?
Are there a lot of maintenance or defects/major issues with this car?
Does this drive more like a car?

Any comments or suggestions for me? Any particular year to avoid? (I was thinking 05,06 or newer).

Thanks a lot! I plan to go test drive some soon.
If you want a fast SUV then the 09 CTT S. Very strong SUV's. I have a 04 ' CTT, bought it with 26K miles, it now has 85K miles and trust me when I say I drive it hard. It runs better now than when I bought it. Yes there is a handfull of problems with the earlier models but haven't heard much with the later models. But no more than any other car or SUV I've owned. I'm quite surprised how great it runs after the way I drive it! GL Also I never take mine to a dealer, found a 30 year local tech who left bcz of the what they charge vs actual, however if you have a warranty it makes sense.

Last edited by 2muchtime; 08-09-2010 at 12:28 PM.