Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Wife She just couldn't wait on Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gj325
I agree the white does show the lines very well. The Sand Yellow I think will also be a color that will be very nice if you can stomach the risk.

The umber is a very nice Interior Color. I still think that the Espresso/ Cognac will be the best for black,white or Umber but it is N/A until after Oct builds.

Hopefully my wifes car will get here by week end. Looking forward to seeing the Umber Exterior they has a black with Umber Interior that the Interior was great.
I gave a hard look at yellow as my daughter (7) told me gray is boring. I appeased her and her brother with the rear entertainment system.

The Umber is nice but the paint color looks a little flat and did not have the sparkle of the other metallic colors.

I also wanted Expresso/Cognac, but the cognac was going to be a little too light for kids in the car and I am just making a September build.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JenK
I didn't say I hated the meteor, in fact, I love that color, but not for me. I want something different this time. But, that meteor and umber combo should look HOT!!! My last CS was white with havanna. No beige variant for me this time. especially not with my Bernese mountain dgos that shed everywhere! I really like the black leather in my 997. And I am really loving the silver as well. checkout the one on Hennessey's website, silver/black, 20" wheels, anthracite birch wheel and trim, etc. This one or another white one coming in soon has me all over that! Just 2 more days until I find out about the Lexus buy-back and I can go shopping!!!!! But I am going to stop by Porsche of Orlando when I am there next week. I am going to drive my 997 to Disney!

PS. Hennessey also has my dream car build over there....turbo s cab in white with blue...........I need to play the lotto or let Gj adopt me! If Lexus says no on the buyback, I am going for it and the 997 will become a turbo s cab!
Now what a min. I just read on Turbo Forum and I quote (I can afford)

I was thinking about seeing if you wanted to adopt me. With my 4 kids and a wife I may run out of funds one day having to buy 3 rd kid a car these darn kids are getting into my toy fund cars college clothes.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
I gave a hard look at yellow as my daughter (7) told me gray is boring. I appeased her and her brother with the rear entertainment system.

The Umber is nice but the paint color looks a little flat and did not have the sparkle of the other metallic colors.

I also wanted Expresso/Cognac, but the cognac was going to be a little too light for kids in the car and I am just making a September build.
We had a Nov. Build for a Jet Black Turbo with Expresso/Cognac I still think she made a mistake but she liked Umber sample hope she likes car when it gets here. But her choice. I have my car so I can live with her choice.

Last edited by Gj325; 08-16-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
did it arrive yet???????

Old 08-19-2010, 04:32 PM
did it arrive yet???????
Not yet may be here tomw but looks like next week till she gets the car I will be out of town after lunch tomw. Since it will be a company car I am the only one who can sign papers. She is not happy Life is tough

Old 08-19-2010, 04:38 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Not yet may be here tomw but looks like next week till she gets the car I will be out of town after lunch tomw. Since it will be a company car I am the only one who can sign papers. She is not happy Life is tough
get the paperwork signed tomorrow morning!!! Let her have some fun breaking it in!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:31 PM
get the paperwork signed tomorrow morning!!! Let her have some fun breaking it in!

After some Neg. I will be signing papers tomorrow. I am just too good to her !!!

Old 08-20-2010, 03:56 AM
After some Neg. I will be signing papers tomorrow. I am just too good to her !!!
Wish you lived closer, we would have a great time breaking it in! Tell her to post up the pics!

Old 08-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Are you home yet????? And how is it??? And where are the pics????

Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Are you home yet????? And how is it??? And where are the pics????
Yes. It looks great I have got to drive it once in a huge rain storm.

I have to get the camera home tonight left at the office. I will post pic's tomw.

Its not a Turbo so Its kind of like my Targa S not enough wow factor for me. The ride is great it does handle well.

The umber color really looks good but the Umber Interior is better than I thought it would be.

She is really happy trying to figure out all the buttons but we were able to program all three garage doors in about 4 mins.

Big change for her though from a Suburban to a Cayenne big difference.

I will say the Porsche Entry is too cool just have the key in your pocket jump in and away you go. That to me would be a big plus if a woman carries a huge purse with half her life in it. Like my wife does

Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
Yes. It looks great I have got to drive it once in a huge rain storm.

I have to get the camera home tonight left at the office. I will post pic's tomw.

Its not a Turbo so Its kind of like my Targa S not enough wow factor for me. The ride is great it does handle well.

The umber color really looks good but the Umber Interior is better than I thought it would be.

She is really happy trying to figure out all the buttons but we were able to program all three garage doors in about 4 mins.

Big change for her though from a Suburban to a Cayenne big difference.

I will say the Porsche Entry is too cool just have the key in your pocket jump in and away you go. That to me would be a big plus if a woman carries a huge purse with half her life in it. Like my wife does
Told you that umber interior is something special. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Told you that umber interior is something special. Congrats and enjoy!
I will give you extra credit for that one. Its one of the best color combo's I have seen. So much better than the samples the dealer has.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:42 PM
wow! sounds great! Still waiting on Lexus....was told another 30 days while their legal department goes over it. Ugh........