Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Burmester . . . yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 AM
DaBrat is infamous around these parts
Burmester . . . yay or nay?

What's the verdict on the Burmester upgrade? Spec-ing my Cayenne Turbo. Wondering if I should / need to upgrade my sound system from the Bose.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 AM
dimf is infamous around these parts
yay. that's the cheapest way to get into Burmester, considering Burmester home systems can be more expensive than the Porsche.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Woodchuck is infamous around these parts
I would say yay. Coming from a jaguar that had a 525-watt B&W sound system, and hearing my dad's range rover's 1200 watt Harmon/Kardon sound system, and then compared to the 1000-watt Burmester found in the Cayenne, they don't even compare. So if you want a awesome sound system, then yes, because I bet you if a 1200-watt H/K system does not compare, then I bet you the bose will not compare either. I may be wrong, but from my hearing, it is a beast of a sound system and I feel you might miss out, but it is all up to you.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rmester-2.html
Spent a few minutes on a Pana that had a Burmester with a very good quality Cd of mine (none of the Cayenne's on the lot had it)....mind blowing. I will custom order one with it.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
Check out the thread "Burmester owner's question" on the 6speedonline Panamera forum. There are some very technical posts about the system if you're interested.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Thank you! Very helpful, but I still cannot come to a decision. The Bose on my 997 Turbo seems fine for me. I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have the option. But now, I keep thinking if I will regret it if I don't get the Burmester. Thanks for all your advice (which seems to be get it). Keep those comments coming. Thank you all!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:10 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
I would agree with dimf, in that the cost of the Burmester is probably less than just a preamp or whatever Burmester home component. But it all comes down to your ears, you need to A-B the Bose and Burmester on consecutive test drives, not just with the car sitting still. If the Burmester doesn't blow you away, stick with the Bose. For me it was a no brainer, but YMMV.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:11 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DaBrat
Thank you! Very helpful, but I still cannot come to a decision. The Bose on my 997 Turbo seems fine for me. I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have the option. But now, I keep thinking if I will regret it if I don't get the Burmester. Thanks for all your advice (which seems to be get it). Keep those comments coming. Thank you all!

Yikes, I feel the Bose in my 997TT is absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe they'd put crap like this in a $135k+ car.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
I mostly excited about upgraded to a new Cayenne (eventually) just for the Burmester!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 PM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Yikes, I feel the Bose in my 997TT is absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe they'd put crap like this in a $135k+ car.

Goes to show the genius of Dr. Bose......in marketing, not hi fi!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 PM
djenders has a spectacular aura aboutdjenders has a spectacular aura about
I ordered my turbo with the burmester. It is a must of you like music.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 PM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
def yay !

Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
I have it in my 11CTT. Big thumbs up.

Dave

Old 09-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I keep thinking nay, but you guys are really swaying me to pay more $$$ for the yay!

Old 09-15-2010, 05:38 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Simple logic: If in doubt don't go for it...unless you have cash to burn. This is the single most expensive option (if I'm not mistaken) when you try to custom order the Cayenne.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Burmester . . . yay or nay?