Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Wife's New Cayenne Turbo Built Yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:40 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Post Wife's New Cayenne Turbo Built Yesterday

My wife's new Cayenne was built yesterday. It probably will be here in about a month but there have been a lot of delays at the port so who knows. Lots of trucking problems and a recall. Here is her build. She is very excited as we had to wait three months for an allocation. They had a fairly loaded one in stock the same color combination when she placed her order, but she was very specific in what options she wanted.

Jet Black
Leather Interior in Black
14 Way Power Seats w/Memory Package

Premium Package- includes
4 zone air conditioning
Lane Change Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control
Porsche Entry & Drive
Rear View camera w/ Park Assist Front & Rear
Electric Roll-Up Sunscreen for Rear Side
Light Comfort Package
Seat Ventilation

Sport Package - includes
PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
PTV Plus (Porsche Torgue Vectoring Plus
3 Spoke Sport Steering Wheel w/Paddles

21" 911 Turbo II Wheel W/Wheel Arch Extensions
Wheel Arch Extensions in Black w/Side Door Extensions
Heated Windscreen
Panorama Roof System
Side Airbags Rear
Porsche Crest on Front & Rear Headrests
Walnut Interior Package
Extended Grab Handles Trim Package in Walnut
CD/DVD Changer
Burmester High-End Surrounf Sound System
Exterior Package in High Gloss Black
Non-Smokers Package
Destination

Total $128,415.00

Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Wow That is awesome.

I will be tracking to see how long it takes for your Turbo to arrive.

My TurboS has a build date of Dec. 10 dealer thinks it may beat the new year I Dont think it will.

Enjoy!!! My wife s really enjoying her Cayenne S she however is starting to regret not waiting for the Turbo Cayenne that we had on order. She is missing a few key item that you are getting such as 4 Zone Air Porsche Crest Walnut Trim Burmester Non Smokers package, Those are the items that she doest have and wish she did. Just 3 more years then she can order her a Turbo

Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
YS1978 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gj325
Wow That is awesome.

I will be tracking to see how long it takes for your Turbo to arrive.

My TurboS has a build date of Dec. 10 dealer thinks it may beat the new year I Dont think it will.

Enjoy!!! My wife s really enjoying her Cayenne S she however is starting to regret not waiting for the Turbo Cayenne that we had on order. She is missing a few key item that you are getting such as 4 Zone Air Porsche Crest Walnut Trim Burmester Non Smokers package, Those are the items that she doest have and wish she did. Just 3 more years then she can order her a Turbo
From what i read you are leasing your wifes CS.... i went last week to the dealer here in miami and i think im getting a terrible deal for 36 months...

if you dont mind me asking, how much are you paying for the CS?

thank you

Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
nice congrats Duffy.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
[quote=
14 Way Power Seats w/Memory Package

[/quote]

Nice looking build! Just curious, why the 14 way seats over the standard 18 way?

Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice build. Plan on a similar build just changing color and seats And a few others....
Great car.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gammaman
Nice looking build! Just curious, why the 14 way seats over the standard 18 way?
My wife sat in both and liked these better. I know better than to ask why!!!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 PM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
Very nice. Your wife should take it to the track.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Imcarnuts: It is extremely well optioned. Can't wait to hear your driving impressions. I am very interested in knowing how the panorama roof feels and if exterior noise would be of any concern as a result of the roof. I saw that you avoided the noise/thermal insulating glass. I am debating on that one myself as I too have a Burmester in my spec. Does you wife think that the outer bolsters for the thighs are more relaexed in the 14-way seats ? My wife though that they were a little too snug too in the 18-ways (my dealer has no 14-ways in the lot) and she is not big by any stretch of imagination.

Gj 325 : I'm curious why your wife is starting to regret not waiting for the Turbo. We never even test drove one ...are we making a big mistake in not doing so ?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Imcarnuts: It is extremely well optioned. Can't wait to hear your driving impressions. I am very interested in knowing how the panorama roof feels and if exterior noise would be of any concern as a result of the roof. I saw that you avoided the noise/thermal insulating glass. I am debating on that one myself as I too have a Burmester in my spec. Does you wife think that the outer bolsters for the thighs are more relaexed in the 14-way seats ? My wife though that they were a little too snug too in the 18-ways (my dealer has no 14-ways in the lot) and she is not big by any stretch of imagination. ?
I am also very curious to see the panorama roof as it is a new option and ordered sight unseen. In my Cayenne Turbo S it was about a 2500.00 option and now a 600.00 option. As they say: "You only get what you pay for." No noise/leaking etc. problems with the one in the '09 so took a chance. She looked at the insulating glass but did not like the darkened window look. My wife had no problem fitting in the sport seats, she just liked the 14-ways better. Said it was more comfortable for her back as she (along with the rest of the over 50 world) has minor back problems. Once she gets it and she lets me borrow it, I will report on the roof.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 AM
The new pano roof is cheaper because it's simpler, most notably 2 glass elements instead of 4. Total glass area is only down 5%, although opening area down 29%; 4.7 vs 6.7 sq. ft. An added bonus is that it's 30% lighter, a 30 lb. weight saving.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by gammaman
The new pano roof is cheaper because it's simpler, most notably 2 glass elements instead of 4. Total glass area is only down 5%, although opening area down 29%; 4.7 vs 6.7 sq. ft. An added bonus is that it's 30% lighter, a 30 lb. weight saving.
Thanks for the explanation.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 PM
madburg is infamous around these parts
I heard the pana screen is also not preforated, but solid now, is this true?

Old 11-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Received a call today from the dealer that it arrived today. Two days short of a month from the arrival at port. We plan to pick it up this week-end.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Received a call today from the dealer that it arrived today. Two days short of a month from the arrival at port. We plan to pick it up this week-end.
Was your port Davisville, RI? My car arrived there today. Serious bummer if I have to wait another month!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wife's New Cayenne Turbo Built Yesterday