Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SSR GT3 Wheels on the CTT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:33 AM
PutterMcGavin is infamous around these parts
SSR GT3 Wheels on the CTT!

First off thanks to Matrix for selling these to me! His 22" Rinspeeds look great in black and these look great on my CTT. Got to love a Win-Win!

Anyway a buddy of mine posted these on a local forum for me to look at and the rest was history. The next day I was on my way down to pick them up in the 5,000 mile Panamera S loaner (true story).

I spent 3 hours polishing the outer lips to remove some tough brake dust and some water marks and they came out incredibly well! The pictures with my crappy little camera don't do them justice at all! In person they have much more shine and presence and match the Titatnium paint on the truck well. Much better than the 19's I have. Love seeing those brakes too

Let me know what you thing!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Matrix is infamous around these parts
wow, those look sick with that color, much better than on my black CTT.

BTW You need to post a pic of those rims in the Pan.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:30 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
What size? Are they safe for the cayenne in terms of weight?

Last edited by trovan; 09-22-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Change
Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
looks excellent!

must be a tight fit in the Panamera S with the seats down.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Matrix
wow, those look sick with that color, much better than on my black CTT.

BTW You need to post a pic of those rims in the Pan.
Thanks! They definitely fit the true REALLY well!

I would definitely post a pic but the micro SD card in my BB died when I tried to off load the pics It was definitely a sight to be seen!

Originally Posted by trovan
What size? Are they safe for the cayenne in terms of weight?
These are 20x11 I believe. They seem pretty safe for the weight as SSR used a heat treatment manufcaturing technique that makes them stronger for heavier vehicles (at least that is what their site says...). Plus with a wider footprint, decent rubber on the tires the load should be spread out more than with a skinnier tire.

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
looks excellent!

must be a tight fit in the Panamera S with the seats down.
Thanks!

Yes they BARELY fit in the Panamera. Stacked 2x2 and had maybe 1/2" to spare in the rear where the glass convexed!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be very very very very very very worried about the load rating...Might want to at least double check it. I know that fitment designed with 911s in mind.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 09-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by peter@wheelexperts
I'd be very very very very very very worried about the load rating...Might want to at least double check it. I know that fitment designed with 911s in mind.
Good point.

I shot SSR a note to see if they can send me full specs on the wheels. I don't think it will be an issue though. I'm not planning on taking the truck off road or anything like that amd still have my 19" that will be my winter/"light" offroad wheels.

If you have ANY info I'd love to have it

Old 09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
madburg is infamous around these parts
Powdercoat the lug nuts!

What tires did you get and specs (ex. 295/30...)?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Speed Freak is infamous around these parts
Don't think the load rating is up to par!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Just researched the wheels and vehicle. The Gross vehicle weight is 6790 lbs- empty with NO passengers! About 600 lbs, passenger of 4. Now its 7400 lbs. Those wheels are rated at the highest with 5X130 bolt pattern is about 700kg or 1540 lbs per corner. 1540lbs X 4= 6640Lbs. Those wheels are not meant for the CayenneTurbo ! NOT SAFE!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:09 PM
madburg is infamous around these parts
If this is true, very bad idea to keep them on the truck dude!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 PM
I have the original 20" on my Cayenne Turbo and looking for a 22". First, I dont want to bend them as on my 05 Turbo S Cab, and the CTT is a lot heavier car. So I live with the orig, I've had to keep repairing wheels and it's frustrating. Load rating on wheels is the first inquiry I make!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Speed Freak
Just researched the wheels and vehicle. The Gross vehicle weight is 6790 lbs- empty with NO passengers! About 600 lbs, passenger of 4. Now its 7400 lbs. Those wheels are rated at the highest with 5X130 bolt pattern is about 700kg or 1540 lbs per corner. 1540lbs X 4= 6640Lbs. Those wheels are not meant for the CayenneTurbo ! NOT SAFE!

Would you mind sharing where you got your information from? I'm waiting to hear back from SSR about the wheels specifically but can't find anything online.

Thanks!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Pushstart has a spectacular aura aboutPushstart has a spectacular aura about
Most wheels should have a stamp like this

But this might be for 5x114 or 5x120 bolt pattern... but for 5x130 JWL "Japan Light Alloy Wheel" listed at 735kg or 1617lbs. Hope this helps.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:47 PM
You email SSR in SoCal for your info and they will get back to you. I spoke to the person in charge directly. He informed me that wheel is not for a Cayenne Turbo. There is a different load rating for different bolt pattern. He had up to the 5X120 but not 5X130 as for the Cayenne. He thinks it might be 690kg or just slightly higher or similar, in either case it will NOT meet the CTT's weight!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SSR GT3 Wheels on the CTT!