Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Baby Cayenne to be named "Porsche Cajun"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Cayennez1 is infamous around these parts
seems like a wanna be type a cayenne lol ... might have to get used to it to like it. Thumbs down for me.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ManMachine
Why? Is Porsche going after BMW and offering a niche vehicle for every market segment?

Also, if it competes with all the Audi vehicles as part of the VW group, I'm not really sure what the point of this is. Cayenne isn't that much bigger than Q5.
Economies of scale, ROI on the chassis, plus I believe it is a matter of making people stay with a brand. Once you get a Porsche, you would always want to have a Porsche. When I bought my 911, I wanted to get a Porsche for my wife. 911's not for her, Boxster too small, she wants/needs an SUV, she misses her X5, she no longer likes MB, Range Rover too truckish......answer Cayenne Turbo! Next up, want a sedan. Want to stay with Porsche brand. Answer......Panamera. If Panamera doesn't exist, well, I'm bored with the Audi, MB, and BMW brands........what else? Lexus? That's worse.

I believe once a person owns a Porsche, loyalty to the brand is going to be much stronger than any other brands. And purists are getting old and starting to bite the dust. Porsche had to go to a new direction. Well, this is just my personal opinion.

Last edited by jr1966; 09-27-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10 PM
medtech is infamous around these parts
So, I guess VW changed their minds about scrapping the Cayenne in 2011??

As far as the "Cajun", hmmm, final production look and specs will make it or break it for me. I doubt the thing will be very good off road so it better be darn fast and corner like a 911. We'll see......

Old 09-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jr1966
Economies of scale, ROI on the chassis, plus I believe it is a matter of making people stay with a brand. Once you get a Porsche, you would always want to have a Porsche. When I bought my 911, I wanted to get a Porsche for my wife. 911's not for her, Boxster too small, she wants/needs an SUV, she misses her X5, she no longer likes MB, Range Rover too truckish......answer Cayenne Turbo! Next up, want a sedan. Want to stay with Porsche brand. Answer......Panamera. If Panamera doesn't exist, well, I'm bored with the Audi, MB, and BMW brands........what else? Lexus? That's worse.

I believe once a person owns a Porsche, loyalty to the brand is going to be much stronger than any other brands. And purists are getting old and starting to bite the dust. Porsche had to go to a new direction. Well, this is just my personal opinion.
agree with you 100%.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:10 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
some news, Porsche confirmed that the Cajun will come as a 2-door,
new rendering:

Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
The "Cajun" is now officially official :

(from the Porsche website)
Porsche is planning a new sporty model range

Stuttgart. During its meeting today, the Supervisory Board of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, laid the foundations for continuous and successful growth of the company. The Supervisory Board instructed the Board of Management to drive forward the development of a further model series up to series production. Under the working name "Cajun", this efficient and sporty model will further expand the world's most successful Porsche segment in the SUV sector. In addition to the new Cayenne, which has clearly consolidated its market position as the most successful sporty SUV in the premium segment, the "Cajun" will also have a very positive impact with its typical Porsche features such as light weight, ease of handling and agility. As an attractive entry model in the Porsche world, the "Cajun" will attract new and even younger customers to the premium brand along with the Boxster, the market leader in the segment of two-seater, mid-size sports cars.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:17 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
not loving the concept....

Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Henry1515 is infamous around these parts
The shape remind me of a BMW X6.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:41 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Henry1515
The shape remind me of a BMW X6.
.. and I don't like those either

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Babag 007 is infamous around these partsBabag 007 is infamous around these parts
I dig it.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
DanK is infamous around these parts
not sure how the pricing will work -- Porsche has said the Cajun will run about 15% more than the Q5... seems like its really going to be close in price to the base Cayenne.

within a week of my V6 cayenne order a friend bought the Q5 3.2. the difference in price that we paid was 5K. add 15% to a loaded Q5 and you're at 60k.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 AM
toovo1985 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JenK
looks cool! When is this coming out?
It should come out in 2013/2014

Old 12-22-2010, 06:50 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jr1966

So true!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Rea the mos recent auto weekly it talks all about it and it's expected due date.