Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GEN II Video's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 11:21 PM
AppleChilli is infamous around these parts
Cayenne GEN II Video's

I've been in the market for a new SUV for the last 8 month's; yes 8 lonnnng months. 8) Looked at GEN I Cayenne (always wanted one but always passed due to interior not living up to price and looks). Infiniti FX and QX 56 (GEN I/II) ugly and too big, X5/X6 (almost pulled the trigger on an X5M/X50i; Audi Q7 (too underpowered); Toureg (like the looks, but...); Ford Explorer 2011, Lincoln MKZ/MKX (been there done that. Range Rover Sport (almost), Range Rover (contemplated it), I've been through them all more than twice for some and sprinkled a sedan, saloon, and sports sedan/car into there for good measure.

Then the Cayenne was introduced in May. I wasn't smitten (still not), but I like what it has to offer and believe that it provides the balance in terms of driving and practicality that I'm looking for.

Since the Cayenne came out I've been scowering the internet for more and more information, comments (good/bad), reviews, photos, video's...

Videos: I would be nice if we could post the videos of some of the cool things that "we" (I) know little about, i.e. Burmester, PTV, Panoramic Roof, PDCC (do you need the full package (PASM/PDCC/AIR/PTV/20 or 21 in wheels) in order to benefit. I've found quite a few interesting video's, some of which I'd like to and will share.

If you have a video that you have taken or found please share.

And without further ado:

Discover Porsche in Leipzig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuXOg5QHrbI

Really gives me a greater appreciation for Porsche Brand. As well make me want to break out the trusty old suitcase and do an overseas delivery. (Still might just do that). Cannot get enough of this video...

New Porsche Cayenne Dubai Launch drive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6JXHh_8huA
Joke: I you want to cross the Gobi Desert drive a Land Rover...if you want to make it back drive the Toyota. *applause* There is a segment in this video where the narrator/instructor (??) mentions the benefit of PTV. There is also another segment where the driver manages to get the Cayenne stuck in the sand (no relation to PTV).

Autospies: Indepth analysis and driving of the 2011 Cayenne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L23FyxsBtJc
Long and good; good and long!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job Applechilli. Looks like your due dilligence and homework will lead you to make the right choice for your next ride. Here is one more video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpxJB9Rjldk

Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 PM
A few more:

Auto blogger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul7VIdSwLWo
He doesn't seem to like the Pig...oh well!

Autocar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYZart5XXUo
Cayenne Turbo vs. 911...say what; mindboggling!

There are more, some aren't in english, like autoblogger, but are fun to watch. Looking for some specifically dealing with the Burmester, Panoramic Roof, PDCC and PTV.

My build has the panoramic roof and Burmester, but I'm doing so somewhat blind. I've listened to the Burmester in the Cayenne Turbo, but I neglected to listen to the stock or Bose to give them there proper due. During the course of the next couple of weeks, I may just go and do that just to confirm my purshase of the Burmester over them.

The Porsche salesman talked me out of getting the PTV...still on the fence with that one...maybe to late to change my order.

Panaramic roof, seems like a proper sunroof to me. I like in much more than the somewhat smallish regular sized sunroof and it's cheaper than it has been in past years (brainer/no brainer).

If anyone has videos or comments/information regarding the benefits of nodescript systems then please post them here, thanks in advance.

Glad to be part of the community!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:51 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I have given you some rep points for this good idea for a thread. PTV considerably enhances agility and steering precision even at slow/medium speeds and at high speeds, the electronically controlled rear differential helps to ensure additional stability. Go for it. Don't listen to your salesman. It amazes me how often I hear sales consultants tell customers to get one without PDCC and PTV. Having said that a base model is still a very nice ride.

Make sure you take a high quality CD (and not a MP3 or other compressed format music) and play with the adjustments on the Burm and Bose.

I've heard a couple of people say that the Porsche panorama roof does not offer the same level of open feel as the X5. I tend the agree going by the top angle shots of the Cayenne. It seems like the panorama is just sunroof X 2 but the X5 seems to have a full glass roof.

I am in the same boat as you. Have spent > 20 K in options sight unseen. PDCC, PTV, Panorama, two-tone espresso/cognac, noise insul glass, adaptive cruise to name a few. I did listen to Burm and was totally blown away and am ordering it. My wife/kids and I are big music lovers and most of the listening takes place during our drives.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 10-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Nice job Applechilli. Looks like your due dilligence and homework will lead you to make the right choice for your next ride. Here is one more video:
Thanks w00t, Vicky Parrott did an excellent job with that review. I'm in love with the Turbo, turbo 21in wheels and ceramic composite brakes. I've ordered the lowly S on stock 18inchers. $20k + $1,000 per corner + 8,150 for PCCB was more than what I needed for what I intend to do with the Cayenne. Although, I'm sure that it is nice to have every now and then!

Here are some other videos that I found informative about the PTV/suspension:

Porsche Cayenne Training Offroad Course:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b4Spqn5NRU

Cayenne Launch Offroad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEcr8N7bzFQ

Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Did you order PCCB..that's overkill for a (not so lowly) S in my opinion. I would say go with 20 inch wheels and standard S brakes: More bang for the buck IMO.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I have given you some rep points for this good idea for a thread. PTV considerably enhances agility and steering precision even at slow/medium speeds and at high speeds, the electronically controlled rear differential helps to ensure additional stability. Go for it. Don't listen to your salesman. It amazes me how often I hear sales consultants tell customers to get one without PDCC and PTV. Having said that a base model is still a very nice ride.

Make sure you take a high quality CD (and not a MP3 or other compressed format music) and play with the adjustments on the Burm and Bose.

I've heard a couple of people say that the Porsche panorama roof does not offer the same level of open feel as the X5. I tend the agree going by the top angle shots of the Cayenne. It seems like the panorama is just sunroof X 2 but the X5 seems to have a full glass roof.

I am in the same boat as you. Have spent > 20 K in options sight unseen. PDCC, PTV, Panorama, two-tone espresso/cognac, noise insul glass, adaptive cruise to name a few. I did listen to Burm and was totally blown away and am ordering it. My wife/kids and I are big music lovers and most of the listening takes place during our drives.
As I recall the reason that I didn't do further test was due to the iPod connection not being able to be found. I will do a majority of my listening from my iPhone/iTouch and hopefully Pandora.

In the previous video, one can see how small the sunroof is...is it me or do most sunroofs look oxymoronic? I'm not a fan entirely of the Cayenne's Panoramic roof - Merc, BMW and other panoramics offer the full roof. Cayenne only does 3/4's, but I'll take that over the small sunroof. The two-tone would not be complete without the Alcantera roof, please tell me you ordered that?

As a precaution for roadtrips and sanity I got the Burmester for when I'm stuck in traffic and keep my mind in bliss (vs road-rage from the idiodic things that drivers tend to do these days) ...two-toned is going to look beautiful and Burmester with pano roof to complete the package; good choice!

In response to you previous post : I most defiantly did not get the ceramic composites for the CS. If it were a Turbo, maybe. That's the thing with Porsche, one could configure a V6 to cost as much as a litely configured CTT...they will let you hang yourself if you so choose to with these options. I got what made $ and coins for "me" and me alone - I plan on driving it and driving it for a while.

Here's a video of a lovely Blue diesel (not enlish):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBumI5q7ABI
Wish we had that option over here in the states. I've read that Porsche makes a pretty darn good diesel engine.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:35 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
wow! Your extensive research surely has paid off, not only for you, but for others who are still deciding like me!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Thank you JenK. We as early adopters need to help each other make wiser choices...atleast that is the hope. I have to travel 2.5 to 3 hrs for my nearest two dealers and for what...just stare at one (or if I am lucky two) floor models, wait one hour to test drive one without any performance options (like PTV, PDCC) or look at a tiny floor sample of auburn metallic. I feel that I have wasted (well sort of) two trips (that's 10 to 12 hrs of driving) already.

I love interacting with fellow owners/enthusiasts in these forums and would prefer to not miss out on some key options only to kick myself in the rear end later on after I read all the later adopters sing praises on some of these "must have" options. I really dont ever change cars every 3 to 5 yrs so am in a different boat than most and want to get it right as much as possible (understanding that there is no thing like a perfect build) I anticipate not getting a second chance for atleast a decade...and who knows what my interests/priorities would be at that time.

Applechilli, looks like you are determined to bankrupt me. Alcantara roof liner is $2k. I have it on my 997.2 and like it...but that was standard on the 911's. What is the standard roof liner on the two-tone Cayennes. In other words what material and what color. FYI: I did not spec one with the alcantara roof liner. Can someone help me out here. I really do not want to drive another 6 hrs. . With the alcantara roof liner I would have crossed the price for a lightly optioned CTT.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 10-01-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
to me, the headliner would not make a difference. That being said, I have decided to wait until spring to order. I want to sell/trade my C2S cab because right now I only need I vehicle. Everyone who regularly reads this forum knows this. And I think I would have a better chance to sell it in the spring when everyone has 'cab' fever and before the 991 comes out. I want to pay cash as well and I plan on saving enough money by then to do it!
By then, you early adopters can voice on what options you can live with/without!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 PM
JenK, if you are not in a hurry it would definitely make sense to wait. Hopefully we can give you a better insight on all the options/features of the new model year. Do you know what the roof looks like without the alcantara option. I am not too keen on spending $ 2K for a roof headliner especially since I have a panorama roof going on the build. BTW here is one more video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF3o8qiDlaI

Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Thank you JenK. We as early adopters need to help each other make wiser choices...atleast that is the hope. I have to travel 2.5 to 3 hrs for my nearest two dealers and for what...just stare at one (or if I am lucky two) floor models, wait one hour to test drive one without any performance options (like PTV, PDCC) or look at a tiny floor sample of auburn metallic. I feel that I have wasted (well sort of) two trips (that's 10 to 12 hrs of driving) already.

I love interacting with fellow owners/enthusiasts in these forums and would prefer to not miss out on some key options only to kick myself in the rear end later on after I read all the later adopters sing praises on some of these "must have" options. I really dont ever change cars every 3 to 5 yrs so am in a different boat than most and want to get it right as much as possible (understanding that there is no thing like a perfect build) I anticipate not getting a second chance for atleast a decade...and who knows what my interests/priorities would be at that time.

Applechilli, looks like you are determined to bankrupt me. Alcantara roof liner is $2k. I have it on my 997.2 and like it...but that was standard on the 911's. What is the standard roof liner on the two-tone Cayennes. In other words what material and what color. FYI: I did not spec one with the alcantara roof liner. Can someone help me out here. I really do not want to drive another 6 hrs. . With the alcantara roof liner I would have crossed the price for a lightly optioned CTT.
Been a busy weekend; however, I was able to make it in to the dealership. Unfortunately, they only had one Cayenne S, white, moderately equipped, Bose, Conv pkg, 19' that's about it.

Was an eye-opener of an experience.

But before I forget w00t, check page 91 of the Cayenne brochure. There is a picture of the exact combo that you've order with the cinnamon alcantara (not that I'm advocating getting it). Like you've indicated it may not be worth it considering that you have the panoramic roof.

Back to the test drive. Traffic was light, it was about 4:30pm on a Saturday. Initially, I was wondering where the 400hp was, then the salesman told me that I had to hit the sport button. Amazing that, that little button can totally transform an opinion and the way that the car drives in a matter of seconds. Two knocks that I gather from this are (1) I'd drive with it in sport most of the time; (2) I will not realize any of the proposed mpg savings.

The salesman took me on a curvy road to show off how the pepper handled. It was like riding a really good roller coaster, not indicating that I was on rails. The overall driving experience was a thrill that was pure and simple fun! My girlfriend voice her concern that I did not instruct the salesman to give a swap point (we normally switch at the halfway point so that we can compare experiences). While looking for a point to swap, she mentioned that she was having such a good time riding that she just wanted me to keep driving; nice!

Another potential problem arose. After pulling in to the dealer I noticed that there was an Audi A8 pulling in. I mention to the saleman that I didn't know that the A8 was out and we both forgot about the test drive and turned our attention to the Audi...it looks way better in real life than it does in pictures.

I promptly handed over the keys to the Cayenne, exchanged information and plesantries and turned to look for the Audi, but it was gone. Gone, in seconds... I eventually was led into adjacent warehouse where they were keeping it under wraps. Beautiful is the one word to describe it. 22 way massaging seats, led headlights...smitten! I have a test drive set up for Saturday!

I saw a red GTS and a 2011 Silver CTT... pretty good day! Got videos of all I believe except for the Cayenne S, go figure! I'll post whenever I get a good minute

JenK - Good choice on the wait. Always something new around the corner.

Dilema: I can get the Audi A8L and Cayenne S for around the same amount...now I'm back to square one. I have deposits on both and a build on the Cayenne S. Another factor is I'm getting a really good deal on the A8L.

Regrets!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Applechilli, I drive my 997.2 on sport mode 95% of the time so I know exactly what you mean. On normal mode it feels like a Buick. On normal auto mode, the transmission shifts to 7th gear even at 35 mph speed and revs at 2K just to save fuel...yikes.

So did you experience any bodyroll during your roller coaster ride ? I certainly did. That's where PDCC and PTV comes into play, enhancing driving dynamics, steering feel, agility and reduces body roll.

On page 91, the color combo is umber/cream. Mine is espresso/cognac which is brand new interior being built only from Oct 2010 so the brochure does not carry any pictures of that. I went for that as I am a big fan of natural leather after having it on my 997.2.

Cayenne and Audi 8 are radically different. Do you need seating for 5, extra cargo room, intend to tow or off-road ? Have you driven a Pana...if you like or don't mind it's rear end design (or are not as averse to it as I am) then I suggest test driving the Pana 4S and Audi A 8 back to back....I was totally blown away by the Pana. Interesting to note after reading your post, I just spec'd the Audi A8 and you are right..the price exactly matches my fully loaded Cayenne S. But I'll take the Burmester over the Bang and Olufsen anyday

I'm very interested to know which direction you head, keep us posted. Would also love to see your videos.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Apple,

Thanks again for all the informative videos! I am currently getting rid of my Lexus via swapalease. Their typical time frame is 30-45 days. So, once my 2nd vehicle is gone, I might even put the 997 up for sale with them, then I can negoiate without any car. I am going to only 1 car for me. it might be the Cayenne or an X6 or something else, but I am taking my time this go around and finding what's my perfect balance. I love my 997, but it isn't practical for me right now. I need room the dogs and 'spirited' drivng vehicle for me!

Jen

Old 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by JenK
Apple,

Thanks again for all the informative videos! I am currently getting rid of my Lexus via swapalease. Their typical time frame is 30-45 days. So, once my 2nd vehicle is gone, I might even put the 997 up for sale with them, then I can negoiate without any car. I am going to only 1 car for me. it might be the Cayenne or an X6 or something else, but I am taking my time this go around and finding what's my perfect balance. I love my 997, but it isn't practical for me right now. I need room the dogs and 'spirited' drivng vehicle for me!

Jen
You are most welcome Jen. Pray that you make it to the promised land of owning a premier vehicle free of monthly installments and get into something of dreams.

I believe we have the same dilema vice the dogs; I need the extra room. The new Porsche GTS looks promising though...997 would be perfect in a perfect world I'm sure...keep us posted.

The X6 (X6M) is capable:

Oldie but goodie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyhv-pdda3w

Good ol drag race...who does such things?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpk0jcjC2SI

Disregard the drivers horrible taste in athletic wear (shoes)! The following video gives wonderful transitions of the Cayenne line-up and what the percentage of prospective buyers might be best suited for.

(The Hybrid model reminds me of the VW commercial where the guy says my car goes "vroom, vroom what does yours sound like "haaauuhh(**air sound***)"). Sorry Hybrid owners, but I like a triple shot of emotion when it comes to my choice of driving pleasure. Not CTT levels, just saying.

Auto Express:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPFHLv2GCW0

w00t I'm sorry for the swing and miss on the interior. For my own visual stimulation, I'm going to see if I can't find pictures of your combo (highly doubt it)...if not please post numerous pictures for our viewing pleasure!

Last edited by AppleChilli; 10-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GEN II Video's