Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Cayenne owner with some questions for the experts.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Yanal is infamous around these parts
New Cayenne owner with some questions for the experts.

Hi,

I just owned a 2008 cayenne turbo and i need some help figuring out some issues:

1- Non-stop beeping sound when speed is above 125 km/hr. is this normal? can this be deactivated?

2- the tire pressure indicator is not showing on my dashboard. how can i activate it? is it an option or is it standard on the turbo?

3- what is the best position/level to keep the vehicle at? comfort/normal/sport? does any of those affect the car's performance in the long run? does any of the positions use more of the car's capabilitiies?

4- which is the best level/hight to keep the car at?

i drive the car as my daily ride and no off roading or harsh roads.

I really appreciate your help as i was unable to find any of my answers in the user manual.

Thanks.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
I will try and help.

1. See the manual as you probably have the "speed limit" set to 125kmh, or the previous owner did. That will cause it to "beep" every time you pass that speed.

2. Probably will show. Must check manual on how to scroll through the different messages on the cluster to see TPMS.

3. Best position is totally up to you. For more performance oriented driving always stiffen the suspension or lower your center of gravity. If you arent concerned with that and want more comfort leave it in comfort. But Normal is probably the best compromise. I always leave mine at the lowest setting but keep the suspension in Normal most of the time. I lower it for others easy access in and out but it is already quite low. Technically the more shock travel you have...ie comfort..the more comfortable it will be.

4. Again...level is up to you. I like to ride at the lowest allowable level and keep the shocks set to normal. That is my daily preference. I will choose sport if I feel like it might add some action to the drive when coming off/on a ramp or spirited driving...etc.

Hope that helps, you really need to choose the best one for you. If you are on crappier roads, or smooth roads etc.

D

Old 10-13-2010, 02:23 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I think Porsche got the Cayenne Turbo settings right but our roads are harsh up here. I find myself almost always on comfort shock setting; it seems to stiffen up when it senses an emergency manuever.

However, I never tow in the soft setting--it sets up to much vibration as it seems like the trailer "wiggles" the car.

At autocross [Yes! It was made to autocross & is a gas! ], I put it on Sport and lower it and most times turn the PSM off. However, some of my fastest times were with the PSM on and I bleeive this is because PSM preps the brake hoses (pressurizes) them when you take your foot off the gas and gives faster braking.

When descending dirt roads with minor pot holes, I set her up higher. "D" is right, the higher the ride, the softer.

BTW, at speed the car automatically lowers itself and in normal mode will re-raise itself once you slow down. Loading level makes entrance much easier.

Mine has the Advanced Off Road Package and I find it really is for off road SLOW driving conditions. However, I have never taken it where I needed to lock out both front and rear axels.

TPMS is standard and access settings via PCM. USE the partial and full load settings AND adjust rear tire pressure accordingly!

FYI, TireRack's Cyclops tire pressure guage works with the car's air refill hose to adjust air pressure in two tires (on an axel) at one time.

With the type of driving you describe, I'd leave her in Normal in both ride and highth settings.

FYI, the Terrain setting places me even with most of the pick ups trucks up here. Of course, the car will lower iteself automatically if I exceed 49 mph.