Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Aftermarket roof rails

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Aftermarket roof rails

Has anyone purchased and installed these? Curious to quality and fit.

I searched but only found info on OEM rails.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:08 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
With the new Cayenne, you must either order/spec the car with or without rails. They cannot be added after.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DBV
With the new Cayenne, you must either order/spec the car with or without rails. They cannot be added after.
It's an '06 so it has the recessed mounting channels.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
is.deleon is infamous around these parts
I just purchased a set of roof rails (the ones that go from side to side, not front to back) and mounts from Thule, they fit great...

Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Roof rails CAN be added after delivery on a nonordered 11 cayenne.
I found this out from a friend who didn't want to wait a couple extra delayed weeks for the rails from factory so upon delivery had them added by a local shop. Now the aftermarket install is PERMANANT but who really adds rails to take them off later....?

Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
I purchased my roof rails off ebay from an aftermarket seller...they fit perfect. I have an 04 S

Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by cayenned
I purchased my roof rails off ebay from an aftermarket seller...they fit perfect. I have an 04 S
That is what I was looking for. Do you remember the seller?

Old 10-12-2010, 05:12 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I hope this is what your looking for.

Roof Rack (Side Pieces):http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...Q5fAccessories

Old 10-12-2010, 03:17 PM
cayenned has a spectacular aura aboutcayenned has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nikolas
That is what I was looking for. Do you remember the seller?
http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com

I paid 374.99 plus 15% off because I bought some exhaust tips as well

Old 10-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by cayenned
http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com

I paid 374.99 plus 15% off because I bought some exhaust tips as well
Thanks - they have a special until tomorrow for $299!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:57 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
Roof rails CAN be added after delivery on a nonordered 11 cayenne.
I found this out from a friend who didn't want to wait a couple extra delayed weeks for the rails from factory so upon delivery had them added by a local shop. Now the aftermarket install is PERMANANT but who really adds rails to take them off later....?
I just purchased an '11 CS w/o roof rails (not cross bars) and thinking the worse was for me to add a Yakima rack when I need to take the kayak which is probably only 2 to 3 times a years so even if I had to put the rails on and take them off after the kayaking trip, it is okay. But I'm not able to find anyone making a set of rails for the car yet. I heard from another dealership that the rails can't be added later. So Jace, can you please ask your friend what part number he got and I don't mind getting them installed permanently. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I will try and check. He can probably call the install shop and get some answers. Swamped right now but shortly hopefully.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I bought Thule feet and cross-bars for my Cayenne. They fit directly into the OEM roof channels, and they work great.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jace
I will try and check. He can probably call the install shop and get some answers. Swamped right now but shortly hopefully.
Jace, I would like that info as well.
Thanks

Old 02-02-2011, 05:00 AM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
I run the Thule cross bars as well as I actually prefer a clean roof and they work great. Takes 10 minutes the first time to put them on and 30 seconds thereafter to put them on and take them off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket roof rails