Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

TireRack introduces the AT Italia Presa in Black!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:35 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
those AT Italia is so cheap!! I still can't believe it. DAMN HRE!

Old 03-03-2005, 11:19 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by CayenneS
He never said that they are the same wheels as the Gemballa. Instead, if I remember correctly-- he thinks after thorough research that they are made at the same foundry as the Gemballa wheels (made by speedline), so they are pretty similar... I highly reccomend that you refer back to the thread below this one that has like 85 responses or whatever and over 1000 views on this same matter
Does anybody here actually HAVE a 22" Gemballa that can put the lip issue to bed? It is not a multi-peice wheels, so I don't know if the Gemballa castings start with a wider lip or not. Opinion - I doubt the lips are different given the same offset. The wheel used to be made in a rear fitment that had a 2.8" lip with a 41mm offset. That's probably what you saw.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-03-2005, 11:41 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by DEETZ
Damon: what does it mean by 2 year finish warranty? If we get rocks or chips, do they repair it for free?
It means if the paint has an adhesion issue they will replace the wheel.

Or use this link:
Old 03-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Buy these and just put the Gemballa Center caps on. No one will know.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Buy these and just put the Gemballa Center caps on. No one will know.
If anybody has a set of the Gemballa and wants to send me a centercap for a day, I'll tell you if they fit the AT Italia. PM me.

Or use this link:
Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Damon: if the Gemballa cap can be fitted into the AT Italia wheels, can you let me know? I want to get one more set of 22", its so cheap!

I believe Jamy has his Gemballa wheels shipped already! hint hint :P

Old 03-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Deetz how many sets do you have man

Old 03-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
I should be getting my gemballa stuff sometime this week.

Old 03-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Ok Guys, here are the pics.....

The center-bore of the wheel is approx 73mm (20" wheel tested) and is smooth all the way through to the centering ring groove. See pics. Assuming the Gembella cap is 72mm wide, getting it to stay in may take some re-engineering on your behalf..

Attached Images  

Or use this link:

Last edited by damon@tirerack; 03-06-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:38 AM
The centerbore. If you look at the area that would be the outer edge of our centercap, it is machined at more of a right angle so that the AT Italia cap sits fush in the wheel. The Gemball is more rounded, so there is definitely some finish machining that is different between the two. And there is no getting around the ATI cap scuffing the paint as you see.

Attached Images  

Or use this link:
Old 03-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Here is the Gemball for comparison....

Attached Images  

Or use this link:
Old 03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
psychoflex is infamous around these parts
Damon,

If you ran a 295 width tire on these 22X10 rims on a CT with the factory wheel arch trim, would the tires appear to stick out from the sides? Thanks.

Old 03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
285/30 22 is the widest we list. Can anybody with experience with the 295 answer this?
Anybody..............

Anybody...............

Bueller?.................

Bueller?...................

Or use this link:
Old 03-07-2005, 05:34 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Damon those wheels look very cool, in my opinion looks alot better in Black! did you take the pics yourself? What are your opinions on the wheel?

Old 03-07-2005, 05:35 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
By the way, it looks like that wheel might be missing one of the allen screws on the lip..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TireRack introduces the AT Italia Presa in Black!