Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

PTV or PDCC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:14 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by copasetic222
You know, it's pretty ridiculous that Porsche bundles PDCC and PTV into a package which saves you money but only offers it with a steering wheel that many don't want because they loose the multi-functions and many others don't want because it isn't heated.
They shouldn't offer a steering wheel on a vehicle of this caliber without the paddles in the first place. Those other things, whatever they are called, are totally worthless.
Totally agree with your post. I wish Porsche sees your post. It makes no sense with their option package. Heated steering wheel is sublime for those days when it freezing outside.

Rick, JCBH thank you for sharing your experiences on PDCC. I am probably one of the biggest proponent on 6speed for PDCC/PTV....and I haven't even driven one with these

Old 11-14-2010, 10:15 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by copasetic222
You know, it's pretty ridiculous that Porsche bundles PDCC and PTV into a package which saves you money but only offers it with a steering wheel that many don't want because they loose the multi-functions and many others don't want because it isn't heated.
They shouldn't offer a steering wheel on a vehicle of this caliber without the paddles in the first place. Those other things, whatever they are called, are totally worthless.
Well said; the ultimate multifunction wheels, namely those found on F1 cars, have paddle shifters!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
You're welcome. PDCC is so great, as is PTV.
We test-drove Turbo's back to back on the same windy roads on Friday afternoon, and both my wife and I had the same feeling...we couldn't live without both options. We test drove the Range Rover Supercharged last week (she wanted to try it) and that was the biggest complaint. It was so top-heavy and leaned on curvy roads to the point that my wife felt that it would "tip over!" Of course it wouldn't have, but the sensation was magnified once we got in the 2011 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC/PTV. Night and day between the Rover, as well as the 2011 Turbo without it. A huge value.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 AM
RickInTheMtns is infamous around these parts
gotcha - I went a la carte to get the wheel I bought - I didn't like the stalk-controller w/ the sport wheel (and I admittedly wouldn't use the paddles which is why the choice was easy). Bottom line: Porsche has ALWAYS done this w/ the options/packages/etc. - but for the premium pkg plus (which I was thankful for), my cost would have shot up over 100k. But the thread is about pdcc/ptv so forgive my digression.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 AM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gammaman
Well said; the ultimate multifunction wheels, namely those found on F1 cars, have paddle shifters!
my dad ordered a audi q5 with sport package and it comes with a heated MF with paddle shifters and also is $70k less than my ctt

Old 11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
RickInTheMtns is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCBH
You're welcome. PDCC is so great, as is PTV.
We test-drove Turbo's back to back on the same windy roads on Friday afternoon, and both my wife and I had the same feeling...we couldn't live without both options. We test drove the Range Rover Supercharged last week (she wanted to try it) and that was the biggest complaint. It was so top-heavy and leaned on curvy roads to the point that my wife felt that it would "tip over!" Of course it wouldn't have, but the sensation was magnified once we got in the 2011 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC/PTV. Night and day between the Rover, as well as the 2011 Turbo without it. A huge value.
f

That was precisely the feeling I had w/ my RRSC - 500HP of scary-as-sh** driving in the mountains - I'd find myself at 80+ mph and feeling like I was listing to and fro like a kayak in a jet ski's wake - took my hit and dumped the car after 2 months (plus electronics/stereo/ergonomics on the RRSC are among the worst I've ever had). I just got back from skiing w/ the family and the drive from my house in Park City down into the Salt Lake valley and then back up into Little Cottonwood Canyon to Brighton, my CS drove like a dream (even my wife conceded defeat among who has the better mountain car - she's in a new Subaru Outback 3.6R). Get em' both and drive happy. And if spending the money is making you balk, there are certainly other great cars out there (Outback, Q7, Q5, Taureg, etc.) that handle great in the muck and will drive great on the road (as you can see I've got two mountain goats of different breeds - one from Japan and one from Germany) and I had a '07 Audi A8 which, but for the low clearance, would have been my mountain car (go Quattro!). The anti-roll and stability features of both options is, imho, worth the money b/c I feel safer.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
With PASM combined with Air Suspension, isn't much of the body roll controlled?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ok_computadora
my dad ordered a audi q5 with sport package and it comes with a heated MF with paddle shifters and also is $70k less than my ctt
Yes but it is not a PORSCHE

With PASM combined with Air Suspension, isn't much of the body roll controlled?
Yes, PASM helps with vehicle stability/control. WHen I test drove a CS with PASM, there was discernible bodyroll on sharp turns. May not bother 95% of the drivers. But it certainly bothered me.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:42 AM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
As far as I know, Q5 doesn't offer heated steering wheel or Sport package in the U.S. Only the S Line package, and no heated steering wheel period.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by ManMachine
As far as I know, Q5 doesn't offer heated steering wheel or Sport package in the U.S. Only the S Line package, and no heated steering wheel period.
You're right - i meant S line package. Q5 still has a MF wheel with shifters and heated wheel on Porsche is a joke anyway

Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 AM
...... and heated wheel on Porsche is a joke anyway
WHy would you say that . Every single person who lives in a cold weather area love their heated steering wheel .

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-16-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
WHy would you say that . Every single person who lives in a cold weather area love thier heated steering wheel .
the heat is barely noticeable and not sure if they changed it, but Porsche tells you when its OK to turn the wheel on and there is no control to turn it on or off.

My RR has a dedicated switch to turn on or off and you can actually feel the heat. That's a true heated steering wheel.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:35 AM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
the heat is barely noticeable and not sure if they changed it, but Porsche tells you when its OK to turn the wheel on and there is no control to turn it on or off.

My RR has a dedicated switch to turn on or off and you can actually feel the heat. That's a true heated steering wheel.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it a "joke", but the point is well taken. I've had heated wheels in Audi's, BMW's, and Mercedes's, and in two Cayennes. The Porsche's is the least effective. The least amount of heat and you can't control it. It's better, in my climate, than a non-heated wheel, but sub-par to the other German marques.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
OK Computatora - you are partially right...the 2010 and prior Cayenne's had no dedicated steering wheel switch, but the 2011's do - it is behind the steering wheel, on the bottom...same as the 911's, etc.. I tried ours the other night and it was fantastic...you definitely felt it. I had to turn it off after a few minutes!

Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCBH
OK Computatora - you are partially right...the 2010 and prior Cayenne's had no dedicated steering wheel switch, but the 2011's do - it is behind the steering wheel, on the bottom...same as the 911's, etc.. I tried ours the other night and it was fantastic...you definitely felt it. I had to turn it off after a few minutes!

That's great to know, JCBH. I was thinking maybe I made a mistake by not getting the sport wheel, but you've confirmed I made the right choice, living in New Hampshire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PTV or PDCC