Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Preliminary build for '11 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 01:32 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Preliminary build for '11 Cayenne S

My dealer has a Cayenne S allocation for January build, with February delivery time frame.

Here's my build:

P5 - Classic Silver Metallic or 9Q - Meteor Grey Metallic
MC - Standard Luxor Beige

PU2 - Premium Package
PU6 - BOSE Audio Package
PP6 - Light Comfort Package

C8K - 19" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
3FU - Panorama Roof System
7X2 - ParkAssist Front & Rear
G1G - 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start/Stop
0M1 - Extended Range Fuel Tank
1BZ - PASM
4D3 - Seat Ventilation Front
4A3 - Heated Front Seats
9JA - Non-smoker Package
PE5 - 14-way Power Seats with Memory
2ZH - Heated 3-spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
3J7 - Porsche Crest on Front Headrests
PH4 - Walnut Interior Package
8EA - Bi-Xenon Headlights with PDLS
4L6 - Auto Dimming Interior Rearview
6XT - Automatically Dimming Exterior
7T1 - PCM with Navigation Module
QV4 - XM Radio
9VL - BOSE Surround Sound
7D7 - CD/DVD Changer (6-disc)

I chose not to opt for Burmester or PDCC/PTV. Like some of the folks here, I listen mostly to XM/Sirius and iPod so Burmester would be an overkill for me

I am scheduled for a test drive tomorrow afternoon and will see if I can borrow their Cayenne S demo for the weekend.

Please chime in and let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Last edited by TooSixy; 11-13-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Never really liked the ride of Cayenne's without air suspension. Don't know if I feel the same about the newer generation as I haven't tried them.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:27 PM
sid_vicious is infamous around these parts
I got almost the same truck, I love it. The only thing I wish I had now was PTV+. Personally Gray/Beige is a good combo, not terribly sure about silver/beige, but I guess that's just a personal choice. The rear sun screens are a really good feature, particularly if you have kids, and they come at a modest price. Good luck!

Old 12-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Jsonorous is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Never really liked the ride of Cayenne's without air suspension. Don't know if I feel the same about the newer generation as I haven't tried them.
Doesn't PASM deal with the ride and the air suspension deal with leveling and ride height?

From the Porsche website:
The new Cayenne models can be equipped with an air suspension system featuring self-leveling, ride-height control and PASM for enhanced driving dynamics and comfort. The self-leveling function maintains a constant ground clearance, which can easily be adjusted using the ride-height control on the center console:

Old 12-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh, The build looks great. I gambled with PTV+ without trying it, after researching torque vectoring I went for it. Torque vectoring technology is used throughout the auto industry for enhanced handling. I didn't want to spec out a car/truck/whatever that far and regret it. YMMV.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jsonorous
Doesn't PASM deal with the ride and the air suspension deal with leveling and ride height?

The new Cayenne models can be equipped with an air suspension system featuring self-leveling, ride-height control and PASM for enhanced driving dynamics and comfort. The self-leveling function maintains a constant ground clearance, which can easily be adjusted using the ride-height control on the center console:
I'm not 100% sure.

All I know is that they were 2005's (Cayenne S and Turbo). I was in the S three times and the Turbo twice. The ride in the S was okay but once I got the chance to drive a Turbo, the S didn't feel very good in comparison. I even got back into another S about 2 weeks after the Turbo and felt the same. As far as I know, they were all stock.
Again, it may be different now...

Old 12-25-2010, 05:15 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !

PASM is a 1990.00 option. Option code 1BZ

This is the option that includes the Air Suspension: Option code 1BK

Air Suspension with Self-levelling and Height Adjustment with PASM. It is a 3980.00 option.

It includes PASM but the 1990.00 option does NOT include Air Suspension.

TwoSixy - If you can handle the extra 1990.00, I would highly recommend changing from the PASM (1BZ @1990.00) to the Air Suspension/PASM option (1BK @ 3980.00)

Last edited by imcarnuts; 12-25-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
PASM is a 1990.00 option. Option code 1BZ

This is the option that includes the Air Suspension: Option code 1BK

Air Suspension with Self-levelling and Height Adjustment with PASM. It is a 3980.00 option.

It includes PASM but the 1990.00 option does NOT include Air Suspension.
Just to get this clear, does air suspension effect the ride? Or does air suspension effect the ride height and leveling of the car, with regards to load distribution? It was my understanding that the "comfort" feature was the PASM.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:30 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
From Porsche's web site:

PASM:

PASM is an electronic damping control system. It offers continuous adjustment of individual shock absorbers, based on current road conditions and driving style. During performance driving or heavy off-road use, there is an increased tendency for the body to sway. PASM helps to prevent this from happening, thereby improving stability and occupant comfort. PASM has three setup modes: Comfort, Normal and Sport. Whichever one you select, the system uses a series of sensors to monitor the movement of the body. It also gathers data on lateral acceleration, steering angle, brake pressure and engine torque, and modifies the damping force on each individual wheel in accordance with the selected mode. PASM remains active at all times. It automatically adapts to the prevailing driving conditions, enabling greater car control and improving comfort and safety.

Air Suspension:

1. Special Off-road Level
2.28 in. above Normal Level; max. ground clearance: 10.55 in. (Cayenne Turbo: 10.75 in.); selectable at speeds of up to 19 mph.

2. Off-road Level
1.10 in. above Normal Level; max. ground clearance: 9.37 in. (Cayenne Turbo: 9.57 in.); selectable at speeds of up to 50 mph.

3. Normal Level
Max. ground clearance: 8.27 in. (Cayenne Turbo: 8.46 in.).

4. Low Level
0.87 in. below Normal Level; max. ground clearance: 7.40 in. (Cayenne Turbo: 7.60 in.); automatically selected above 86 mph.

5. Special Low Level
1.27 in. below Normal Level; max. ground clearance: 7.0 in. (Cayenne Turbo: 7.20 in.); automatically selected above 130 mph. (Not manually selectable.)

6. Loading Level
2.05 in. below Normal Level; max. ground clearance: 6.22 in. (Cayenne Turbo: 6.41 in.); only selectable when vehicle is stationary.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Great site for technical information.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/technology/

Use the search function on this page.

Old 12-25-2010, 05:39 PM
TwoSixy - If you can handle the extra 1990.00, I would highly recommend changing from the PASM (1BZ @1990.00) to the Air Suspension/PASM option (1BK @ 3980.00)

Imcarnuts: just curious why you suggest getting the air suspension?

"The new Cayenne models can be equipped with an air suspension system featuring self-leveling, ride-height control and PASM for enhanced driving dynamics and comfort. The self-leveling function maintains a constant ground clearance, which can easily be adjusted using the ride-height control on the center console"

Yep, that was the same area I was quoting from, it pretty clearly states that the ride handling is a PASM function.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 12-26-2010, 12:47 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Thumbs up

PVT+ is very affordable technology and separates the new Cayenne from the old. I'd want it.

While I could live without the turbos (and I currently have them) I could not live without the air suspension. It makes this car extremely comfortable and the new one is improved to be both Sportier and More Comfort. GET IT!

BTW, the new CT has two low levels one of which is selectable and the other is entirely automatic for driving at speed compared to my one selectable low level that it automatically lowers >69 mph. Also, the loading level makes ingress and egress easier. [But, so does my Porsche Entry & Drive.]

What is the extended fuel tank? With the long distances between gas stations when I travelled up the Alcan, I had to use a 5 gallon gas can quite often. The extended range certainly is appealing. How much more fuel/range?

If the 18-way power seats were the same price, I'd opt for those over the 14-way. I'd give up the Walnut trim for the better seats. I'd also give up the ventilated seats to get the 18-way adjustable ones.

I'd even downgrade the 19's to get those features above.

My rear sunshades come in very handy even though mine are mechanical.

FYI: This is the used car I would want to buy in 2-4 years, however, I would want PDDC. Congratulations on a fantastic build! These are not easy to configure and decide.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 AM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TooSixy

My dealer has a Cayenne S allocation for January build, with February delivery time frame.

Here's my build:

P5 - Classic Silver Metallic or 9Q - Meteor Grey Metallic
MC - Standard Luxor Beige

PU2 - Premium Package
PU6 - BOSE Audio Package
PP6 - Light Comfort Package

C8K - 19" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
3FU - Panorama Roof System
7X2 - ParkAssist Front & Rear
G1G - 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start/Stop
0M1 - Extended Range Fuel Tank
1BZ - PASM
4D3 - Seat Ventilation Front
4A3 - Heated Front Seats
9JA - Non-smoker Package
PE5 - 14-way Power Seats with Memory
2ZH - Heated 3-spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
3J7 - Porsche Crest on Front Headrests
PH4 - Walnut Interior Package
8EA - Bi-Xenon Headlights with PDLS
4L6 - Auto Dimming Interior Rearview
6XT - Automatically Dimming Exterior
7T1 - PCM with Navigation Module
QV4 - XM Radio
9VL - BOSE Surround Sound
7D7 - CD/DVD Changer (6-disc)

I chose not to opt for Burmester or PDCC/PTV. Like some of the folks here, I listen mostly to XM/Sirius and iPod so Burmester would be an overkill for me

I am scheduled for a test drive tomorrow afternoon and will see if I can borrow their Cayenne S demo for the weekend.

Please chime in and let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
These are tough decisions. I know all bout it as I just picked up my '11 CS and there is nothing I did not order that i wished I did. I will share what i did not almost get and am glad I did.

Voice Control - Must have as it integrates so well with the new PCM and navigation.

4 zone AC is a must in Florida heat if you are going to have people sitting in the back on a regular basis.

Get the Premium Plus package with the air suspension. I would lose the Walnut trim as the piano black is very nice and offsets well with beige or umber and you always change trim in a few years if you want a new look. If you get premium plus, add PTV as it is a cool feature for the few times you get on the car around a turn in Florida.

I would also have to get full leather.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Imcarnuts: just curious why you suggest getting the air suspension?
I have driven them with and without the air and felt there was an added comfort factor. Maybe it was in my head (butt).

Old 12-26-2010, 03:07 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I'm not using my 4-zone system much as I put her on auto mono at 72F and change the heat in my seat but I am almost always alone and no one ever complains about the heat or A/C. Since you're in Florida, their heat package (whatever it's called) should include rear window shades (now electric) and insulated glass. FWIW, I resided in Phoenix and never heard of anyone being satisfied with any maker's ventilated seats. Now, however, they might be ready for prime time. Porsche may make effective ones.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Preliminary build for '11 Cayenne S