Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ordered my Yellow Cayenne S with Two-tone Leather Interior in Umber/Cream

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 AM
YellowCayenneS is infamous around these partsYellowCayenneS is infamous around these parts
Added Clear Bra, XZilon and Low jack. I will get the wheels powder coated black as well.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 AM
check 6 is infamous around these parts
Xpel does a great job on the Clear bra and they work with the dealer. I'm going to paint my wheels black as several people smarter then me have said that is better than powder coating. My car won't get to San Antonio until early March at the soonest.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:21 AM
YellowCayenneS is infamous around these partsYellowCayenneS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by check 6
Xpel does a great job on the Clear bra and they work with the dealer. I'm going to paint my wheels black as several people smarter then me have said that is better than powder coating. My car won't get to San Antonio until early March at the soonest.
Xpel will install clear bra, good to know that painting black is better than powder coating. Mine will be here in the last week of Jan.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Smile

Finally my car reached Houston port, cannot wait to pick it up.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by YellowCayenneS
Remember this Thursday evening is the Longhorn PCA monthly dinner meeting at Pompeii and Saturday is the autocross. Look forward to seeing you and your new Cayenne

Old 01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Remember this Thursday evening is the Longhorn PCA monthly dinner meeting at Pompeii and Saturday is the autocross. Look forward to seeing you and your new Cayenne
Thanks Jack, I think the car will be here Friday or Saturday per dealer.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jace
very exciting.... many of nights wishing it was one month later, so my car would be being built....
+1 on that!!!!!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:33 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
We can't wait ..... How exciting.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts

What was your estimated completion date and when did it get on the ship? Mine was completed 1/18 and i continue to patiently wait!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by ok_computadora
What was your estimated completion date and when did it get on the ship? Mine was completed 1/18 and i continue to patiently wait!
Build started on Dec 4th and done by 8th but snow blizzard delayed shipping. It got stuck at the factory for 3 weeks. It was put on the ship Jan 3rd and reached Houston Yesterday. All this info is per dealer.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor
XPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the rough
Jack, Good to see you on the board.

Last edited by XPEL; 01-31-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM
965Turbo is infamous around these parts
I've had several sets of wheels painted and several sets powder coated. I've found that the powder coated wheels are better. Currently I have black powder coated wheels on my Range Rover Sport S/C and painted wheels on my Audi S4. The paint on my S4 wheels flaked off in an area. They might not have been prepped perfectly, I don't know. Powder coating is better if you are driving in snow, gravel, dirt, etc. This quote about powder coating is from Wikipedia: "It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint."

Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 AM
Build started on Dec 4th and done by 8th but snow blizzard delayed shipping. It got stuck at the factory for 3 weeks. It was put on the ship Jan 3rd and reached Houston Yesterday. All this info is per dealer.

Any more word on your car, I heard there were some delays with cars leaving the port of Houston even before the bad weather. Looking forward to seeing it. Mine should be completed today and then the long wait while it slowly makes it's way here. By the way we had a great turnout even in the cold for the autocross last Saturday.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Pics from my configuration
I had a 03 yellow C4S with black interior with yellow deviated stitching/seat belts and tunnel. By far the sharpest car I ever owned. Still to this day do I think about trading it for my 05 Carrera (blue).

Old 02-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Went by the Porsche Center today and saw your car WOW it is fantastic, what a great combination. It has the # 1 spot on the showroom floor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ordered my Yellow Cayenne S with Two-tone Leather Interior in Umber/Cream