Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

December build... Ordered, allocated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Fjs, yes side airbags are not adviceable if you are planning to have car seats/booster seat aged kids.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 AM
ScottAtlGa is infamous around these parts
Some of these option prices are absurd, but then again we all know that going in. Having had my S now for two months, I can comment on a few of my options for what its worth to you. LCA-Love it but it malfunctioned and currently waiting on the part to correct the issue, I need that LCA working again! Hseats and steering wheel, love them with coller weather approaching here. Seat ventilation - love it but not critical to my enjoyment. 14 way seats. I originally picked one with 8 way deats but decided I wanted lumbar control. As it turns out, Lumbar isn't that strong on the 14 way but I'm a seat lover so I suppose I am glad I did it anyway. Options I wish I had: NAV - This on the yard unit did not have it and since I trade often, I went with it anyway. I use NAV on my phone but get it if you have the choice. Backup sensors and camera - again, wish I had it but not a deal breaker for me. For wife, a deal breaker. the light comfort pkg, the Bose etc are all nice and add to the enjoyment but not overly critical for me.
As far as V6 vs. V8. I think the V6 can be described as 'adequate' but not above. The V8is extra power for my long painful commute. The V6 can be equipped nicely at a decent price and is selling great. My dealer can;t get enough fo them to meet demand. My sales guy is a straight talker and even he thought I should be buying the V6 given my trade frequency. I think if the V6 had any other brand name on it, it would be haled as a top performer, but people me included, expect above average performance from anything with PORSCHE on it. I think you will be happy with the V6 especially for the money. That's my 2 cents worth....

Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Scott, posts like these help "waiters" like me wait.... Thank you. Ya the option prices are absurd like $1k for a piece of plastic (wheel arch extension) and for running boards. We all know that Porsche is not about the $$ but still...