Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

'11 - CTT Interior Color Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Of the two tones I dont have as many options id prefer. Currently have all black in my gts andy escalade and my Gx, sooo tired of black. Want something more
Open feel and lighter..... Who
Knows on d day k might say yes to cream and the ceramics..... Have 3 weeks to make up my mind on those for sure.....

Old 12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Grey.... For now...

Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the espresso natural leather on a Panamera. I am a big fan of natural leather for reasons I have highlighted several times in the past.

Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
On one hand I feel U/T would be ideal choice for meteor grey but then wait...it blends in way too much and ideally an interior color should have a nice contrast to the exterior. Jace how about espr/cogn ?

Old 12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jace
Grey.... For now...
Grey leather interior's have the shortest lifetime. Durability of grey leather is poor due to the processing required. They all crack earlier. Besides, it is boring.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 PM
AppleChilli is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Fortunately colors are such a personal choice. I love the umber, not so much the tartufo, but it sure looks as it was advertised. An earth (dull) tone and much easy to maintain compared to cream or even cognac. Jace, I am reminded of all those dads during my residency who are in awe when they see utrasound images of their unborn baby. You have two babies to look forward too. You have seen a preview of atleast one for now. Glad you are liking it. Remind me is yours a JBM exterior ? Sand white will go well with U/T. I am not so sure about JBM.

Applechili I too feel that wood has no place when one is looking for a sporty feel in the interior but I can certainly see why people would love the warmth and luxury feel that is provides. Ya why not benefit from a little Lexusy or Benzy interior when you are driving your sports ute. Nothing wrong with that.

How different is the espresso when compared to umber. To me it looks more or less the same. Applechili, (or others) any idea ?
Afraid of the wood...leather is a bit more suitable for my needs.

The Tartufo looks like mud or milk chocolate, the espresso (picture attached) is cocoa, the umber I cannot place a finger on, but it looks a little more closer to Tartufo than espresso. This is based on my skewed view from photos alone. Umber is hard to place a finger on; however, on an Umber exterior I'd go for the espresso interior over the umber interior, if that makes any sense.

Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Grey leather interior's have the shortest lifetime. Durability of grey leather is poor due to the processing required. They all crack earlier. Besides, it is boring.

w00t was asking about exterior color. meteor grey is mine as of now.
interior as of now is umber / tartufo with anthricite wheel and other inserts

BUT I would like to hear your explanations on the interior and exterior colors and how they are painted and which lasts the longest and why. not up to date with that information

Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 AM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Jace, meteor gray is da bomb, but I'm biased

have you considered the carbon fiber vs the anthracite? I'm considering it with the E/C. I tentatively have the interior leather option placing additional dark leather where wood would go

Old 12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
never really looked into doing those areas with more leather.... didnt really know it was an option... hmmmmm
But ya I compared the anthricite and carbon in person and of the two for my preference, I like the bluish color of the anthricite.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:15 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
never really looked into doing those areas with more leather.... didnt really know it was an option... hmmmmm
But ya I compared the anthricite and carbon in person and of the two for my preference, I like the bluish color of the anthricite.
I was torn between the E/C and just espresso ... I love the espresso - I sat in a panny turbo with espresso. I personally would not do black.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I just dont know.... always torn.....

I am debating between the natural espresso, umber / tartufo, and MAYBE the cream/umber.
I really think the cream is out, because I have seen what jeans have done to an associates Phantom, and I will have two little ones under 3 years old.

I am not a HUGE fan, of the tartufo, but want two tone......
DO NOT want black, so there's my puzzlement.

Then I go back and forth, BOSE or BURM, CERAMICS, or regular....

I know I should get the BURM, but I want CERAMICS, and if I had the mentality of jsut get both, its only another 5 Grand to have both, I would have been to the $150K mark.
And even for me that is rediculous!!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Jace please go with the espr/cognac (I strongly feel that for the MG exterior it gives great contrast/rich color). I do think you will love the PCCB. This is a new Cayenne for you why don't you change it up for the better with a different brake feel altogether. Did you listen to the BURM and Bose back to back. If you did then two scenarios. Go with BOSE if U could not tell a big difference, if U did then get the BURM.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:52 PM
maybe I will go and take a listen to both stereos again in the upcoming days or week.

I have never minded my currrent BOSE in my GTS, not one bit. WIth that said, I listened to the BURM and loved it as well.

I dop listen to DVD-A which both are capable of, but I do want the concert sounds as well.

back to first comment, I have never minded BOSE. With that said alone. If I did not test the BURM out, would I be happy with the current BOSE? the current BOSE is a bit better than what I have in the GTS correct? just a question.

As for the interior colors, not a huge can of the conac color.

It's between the three mentioned: umber / tartufo, which is what is on the build sheet currently, or the Natural Espresso, and MAYBE the cream/umber, more realistically the first two.... I keep getting flashes of my daughter with a drink spilling it on the light cream carpet....... and that alone scares the pants right off me.....

Old 12-02-2010, 04:03 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Hey, while that deviated interior with cream/umber and the leather deviated stitching looks wonderful, I'd have a rough time keeping it looking that nice up here. I rely upon deep welled plastic floor mats to contain the water from normal Alaskan winter driving. Unless there's going to be no eating & drinking inside the new cream interior, I'd go with something more practical, like the black I have. It's not as boring as gray but still common. If money was an object (and mine is limited), I'd opt for the better sound system over that delicate interior.

BOSE is better than the basic system, but Burmeister is far better than either.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:06 PM
I think BOSE is the same. I doubt there've been any changes in the BOSE systems since they started and during the first series. And I doubt it has changes, after all, they've the new high Burmeister end to tout.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '11 - CTT Interior Color Help!!!