Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

'11 - CTT Interior Color Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jace
.. I keep getting flashes of my daughter with a drink spilling it on the light cream carpet....... and that alone scares the pants right off me.....
Don't you think that the U/T blends too much into that exterior color you have chosen ? How about just espresso. How important is the two tone for you. Cognac is a rich color and will provide good contrast, have you seen cognac in person ? I think you will change your mind if you look at it in person.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:38 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Some of those fancy names are just earth tones, mostly washed out. I realize this is a critical decision but many factors come into play, like surviving that first spill of coffee, the first ding. How it makes you feel.

While I liked that stark contrast, putting two complimentary earth tones together is not very appealing for the money.

Packaging & marketing. I didn't think much of the Panamera's interiors in anything but cream, those two tones so close together don't do it for me. More contrast.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:58 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gr8ful
While I liked that stark contrast, putting two complimentary earth tones together is not very appealing for the money.

Packaging & marketing. I didn't think much of the Panamera's interiors in anything but cream, those two tones so close together don't do it for me. More contrast.
I completely agree with you which is why the U/T or some of those Pana interiors did not do it for me. No contrast. Which is why the E/C is a good combo. My wife's MINI is english malt leather (very close to cognac) and at 20K miles it lstill stirs our emotionsand yes my kids eat and spill stuff in her car. With periodic maintenance we keep it looking and smelling showroom perfect. I can post some pics of that interior is somebody is interested. Very rich and very close to the cognac.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:14 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Its YOUR choice Jace (obviously) ... the main point is that YOU are happy with your choices and that you don't have any "buyer remorse" from spending too much over your budget. My own choices are meteor gray, E/C with extra espresso leather, PCCBs, Bose

I don't know you personally but picking up on your concerns of the leather, I think you might be happiest with the espresso, its natural leather, rich, easier with the kids (like black but much nicer IMO) and it goes great with the meteor. I think the U/T may be flat and wishy-washy (again IMO). I decided on taking a chance on the E/C but my initial build sheet was espresso only.

If you want the PCCB's, get 'em ... they will look fantastic on your car, give you almost NO brake dust and you'll never need a brake job unless you track them and really beat them up. If you really want them and don't get them, you will think about it every time you look at your wheels (trust me)

As far as the Burm, I've never heard it, I like music but I'm not listening critically while I'm driving. For my money, I'm very happy with the Bose in my GTS right now. Are you really going to listen to ultra high quality CD's all the time?? I certainly won't ... I listen to radio in am, iPod on way home and occasionally XM... but that's me.

Good luck with your decisions

Old 12-02-2010, 05:42 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
One thing I like about this site is I get to help other people spend their money.

Truly, these are rough choices. I understand that the PCCB's are superior but I've also heard that in colder climes Porsche's standard brakes are better. If anybody can give a more definitive answer, I'd like to hear from you.

The cost of brake jobs on these beasts are exorbitant!

Think $1,800. Think twice within 100,000 miles.

But all the stability controls and safety are built into them. Hence, they are well worth keeping up. Autocrossing is shortening the life of mine but I really enjoy it.

The lighter unsprung weight of PCCB's must be a better handling SUV and a more comfortable ride. But will they work well in the winter, say at -2F like we had yesterday morning?

Today, I have a loaner base Cayenne, last series unfortunately, while mine is in for service. Her steering feels better than mine and she handles corners with more grace but I laugh everytime I step on the gas. I am used to so much more power that this is almost comical and fun.

I'd never take this one off-road like I do mine and I'd never tow anything with this V-6. The lighter brown interior seems a bit cheerier than my black interior but I miss the lushness of alcantara; I miss the finesse of the upgraded full leather interior and the air suspension. Still, for the money it's fun and feels sure footed on our icey roads. And I miss my winter specific tires; all season tires just aren't cutting it. But, certainly, this loaner being newer than my '05 CT feels like the steering was improved much during the first series and I love that electric rear hatch.

Yes, I want a newer one but they don't exactly give these things away. Then, I'd be in the same boat as you--trying to make sure I ordered what I wanted. It ain't easy. A woman's point of view on interiors and colors might be helpful. Besides, she might increase your allowance.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by FJS961
From those pics, I'm not loving it either ... leaving me flat compared to the umber/cream or espresso/cognac
There seem to be a difference between the U/T and the U/"light" T. While the former U/T (website photos) are appealing the later live U/LT photos are not appealing. Maybe the wood hampers the U/LT presentation?

But the first U/T looks good and easy to take care of -- compared to Cream.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Here is the espresso natural leather on a Panamera. I am a big fan of natural leather for reasons I have highlighted several times in the past.
Natural Expresso looks good and works with the wood. I think when there are three different factors present it detracts because it is "too busy."

Wood with a solid interior presentation is fiar to good.

Wood with dual tone interior is not working for me as well.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by AppleChilli
Afraid of the wood...leather is a bit more suitable for my needs.

The Tartufo looks like mud or milk chocolate, the espresso (picture attached) is cocoa, the umber I cannot place a finger on, but it looks a little more closer to Tartufo than espresso. This is based on my skewed view from photos alone. Umber is hard to place a finger on; however, on an Umber exterior I'd go for the espresso interior over the umber interior, if that makes any sense.
As I look at the T, I am reminded that one must look at attempts to match in all light conditions. For instance, in low light T begins to look a big grey to me and that's not working well with this particular wood in this photo.

Look at it in bright light and in the shadows.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Okay. We have made a decision. Umber / Cream it is. All other previously picked options are 99% set in stone. Exterior color is Meteor Grey.

That's that.

feel free to chime in as you all will.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:40 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
Okay. We have made a decision. Umber / Cream it is. All other previously picked options are 99% set in stone. Exterior color is Meteor Grey.

That's that.

feel free to chime in as you all will.
I forget your other previously picked options ...
PCCB and Burm decision will go down to the wire...

Congrats though!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
willy_jo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gr8ful
I think BOSE is the same. I doubt there've been any changes in the BOSE systems since they started and during the first series. And I doubt it has changes, after all, they've the new high Burmeister end to tout.
Heard from a few that the Bose system on the new Cayenne is different (better) than the system on the Panamera and older Cayennes.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Heard as well, can't confirm..

Old 12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
here's the build, obviously change the interior color to Umber/Cream, and debating between Bose/Burm and Standard Turbo/Ceramic Breaks.
BSEMDL
BASE
Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic
Y

BDYCLR
9Q
Meteor Grey Metallic

TOPCLR
9Q
Meteor Grey Metallic

INTERI
TY
2toneLthrIntUmber/LightTartufo

OPTION
AAY
Wing Mirror Painted

OPTION
CZ4
21" 911 Turbo II Whl w/Arch Ex

OPTION
PH6
AnthraciteBirchInteriorPackage

OPTION
PU4
Premium Package Plus

OPTION
QR1
Compass Display on Instr Panel

OPTION
Q2J
14-way Power Seats-Memory Pkg

OPTION
VW5
Thrm&NoiseInsulatGls w/PrivGls

OPTION
0AW
PDCC

OPTION
1D6
TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint

OPTION
1XE
3-spkMulti-funHeatSWAnthrBirch

OPTION
1Y1
PTV Plus

OPTION
2JX
StainlessSteelFront/RearSkdPlt

OPTION
3FU
Panorama Roof System

OPTION
3S1
RoofRails w/Mouldings-Aluminum

OPTION
3Y8
ElecRollupSunblindRearSideWind

OPTION
4D3
Seat Ventilation Front

OPTION
4F6
Porsche Entry & Drive

OPTION
4GG
Heated Windscreen Privacy Glss

OPTION
7B6
12-Volt Outlet in Rear Center

OPTION
7X8
ReverCamera-ParkAssisFrontRear

OPTION
7Y1
Lane Change Assist (LCA)

OPTION
8T3
Adaptive Cruise Control

OPTION
9AH
4-zone Climate Control

OPTION
9MB
Dimmable Interior LED Lighting

OPTION
9VJ
Burmester®HighEndSurrSoundSyst

Last edited by Jace; 12-03-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 AM
You are fast approaching and may have exceeded TurboS territory.

We'll need to see photos, of course.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM
this one is a keeper for me though, thats why I am not so much worried about the total as I am with picking the right options for me without getting too rediculous in price.

Might say no to burm and ceramics, or both or one or the other. Thats the last of my decisions in the next 3 weeks before it's locked and building beginning of January.

Most of the options I picked wouldnt be on a standard turbo anyways, so even with that I would be about $30K over base turbo s price; just pdcc might be standard and the extra 50 horses... maybe...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '11 - CTT Interior Color Help!!!