Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What is deal with Sand Yellow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 04:00 PM
YellowCayenneS is infamous around these partsYellowCayenneS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sayboy
I would guess options. My Yurbo...Yellow Turbo....certainly generates polarized opinion- either loved or hated. But in a parking lot of lookalike SUV's it always draws comments. It is a bold color choice and does I think make the statement that the owner is very confident and doesn't much give a rat butt about public opinion.

Seeing my Mello Yellow in the garage always brings a smile to my face.
I ordered a Yellow Cayenne and I cannot wait to take my delivery and I don't give a RATS **** to what others think about the color...

Old 12-11-2010, 04:03 PM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
What does sand yellow look like?

Old 12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Mi2big4u is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tattoo996
What does sand yellow look like?
+1 because I was wondering the same thing. Mine's the silver, seen plenty of black, can't say I have ever seen one in yellow...

Old 12-11-2010, 08:40 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sayboy
I would guess options. My Yurbo...Yellow Turbo....certainly generates polarized opinion- either loved or hated. But in a parking lot of lookalike SUV's it always draws comments. It is a bold color choice and does I think make the statement that the owner is very confident and doesn't much give a rat butt about public opinion.

Seeing my Mello Yellow in the garage always brings a smile to my face.
Love your positive attitude

Old 12-11-2010, 10:49 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I still have a hard time believing that the dealer is paying the taxes on a vehicle that was ordered by a customer now sitting on the lot unsold. There is no way anyone can pull that off where I live.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:25 PM
PorscheSocieta is infamous around these parts
I hate to be an a$s but you order a $100k+ car and then just "bail"? They didn't ask for any kind of deposit for it at all? I'm going to assume they did you the favor because of the stable you hold and since you are awaiting your GT2RS. I mean it makes sense for them to bite their lip so you don't end up losing your business. I have to imagine there has to be something put down to order a monster like a GT2RS. Awesome for you, sucks for the dealer but then again it seems they put themselves in this situation. Car is going to lose a lot of value unless the perfect customer comes around.

Is Sand Yellow a "tame yellow"? Like a BMW Dakar Yellow? Actually, is this the car? I did a quick Google and it looks like one in Texas. I bet with all the black skirts painted in Yellow it would look really amazing.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:46 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
^Yep, that's the one. Went and looked at it again yesterday. Man it looks good and is optioned right.

I didn't put down a dime for the car. I didn't put down a dime for the 2 RS. I have never put down a dime. But, I have bought 30 plus new Porsche's. So who is doing who the favor?

The yellow is faint. Not as faint as BMW, but close. It seems to look more Speed Yellow in the shade, but in the sun it isn't as overpowering.

On the tax comment, there is only dealer inventory tax in Texas, and that isn't a big number. The car buyer or owner pays that when they purchase. Not really sure what that has to do with the "yellow" question.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 12-12-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:46 AM
melbnut is infamous around these parts
bloody hell that looks fantastic!.. Why would you not take that.

Pity it wouldnt be anywhere near 100k here in aus or i would buy it

Old 12-12-2010, 07:23 AM
996TTFred is infamous around these parts
I like the color, especially with the wheels and accents. The guys at Park Place have always treated me fair.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:03 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Sticking to the yellow question. There is a reason that most Cayennes on dealer's lots are basic colors - black, silver, etc. It is because that is what most people buy. It takes a certain customer to go for yellow, umber, amethest, etc. You happen to be one of those "certain" customers. "Certain" customers can be few and far between but, as they say, there is an butt for every seat and if there is one then there is always another. It just takes time to find him/her.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Mr. Moonlight is infamous around these parts
I second the options comment -- especially for a car at that MSRP, I'd want to custom order it.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:50 AM
YellowCayenneS is infamous around these partsYellowCayenneS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr. Moonlight
I second the options comment -- especially for a car at that MSRP, I'd want to custom order it.
That is exactly what I did with my car, I optioned my yellow one with the options I want.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
mondohoss is infamous around these parts
I ordered my CTT today...

Old 12-13-2010, 07:26 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Personally I dont mind the yellow, might actually love it if I saw it in person. But the car lacks many of the options I want: PDCC, PTV, burmester, LCA, multifunction wheel and adaptive cruise. I would not get a CTT without most of these options. From what I read before I bought my CTT, many guys on this forum feel the same.
I am scratching my head wondering why you are buying the 250k car instead of the 100k car if you are worried about the economy.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by mondohoss
I ordered my CTT today...
Congratulations!!!

Please share the specs if you don't mind.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is deal with Sand Yellow?